- Shields unhappy after Padres' 8-4 loss to Dodgers Updated: Sep-05-15 4:08 am
SAN DIEGO - James Shields didn't want to sound like he was complaining, but he wasn't pleased.
- Dodgers hit 5 HRs in 8-4 win over Padres Updated: Sep-05-15 3:12 am
SAN DIEGO - Somehow, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly still seems surprised at his team's power.
- San Diego firm recalls cucumbers after salmonella outbreak Updated: Sep-04-15 9:52 pm
SAN DIEGO - A California company is recalling its cucumbers after a salmonella outbreak that's sickened 285 people in 27 states and killed a San Diego woman.
- 2 pilots killed in Santee plane crash identified Updated: Sep-04-15 4:50 pm
SAN DIEGO - San Diego County officials have identified a flight instructor and student pilot who died when their plane crashed in the driveway of a Santee home.
- Ice Age fossils found in Carlsbad where new homes planned Updated: Sep-04-15 2:17 pm
CARLSBAD, California - Fossils from the last Ice Age, including bones of ancient mammoths and a prehistoric bison, have been found at a Carlsbad construction site where hundreds of new homes are planned.
- Seager's debut spoiled by Dodgers' collapse vs. Padres Updated: Sep-04-15 3:56 am
SAN DIEGO - Corey Seager made the most of his major league debut, though it came in a loss.
- Ellington has 70-yard touchdown catch, 49ers beat Chargers Updated: Sep-04-15 2:15 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Colin Kaepernick donned a red cap and sneakers, offered a quick side hug to third-string quarterback Dylan Thompson, then took his spot on the sideline for the San Francisco 49ers' 14-12 win against San Diego on Thursday night.
- Padres recall LHP Frank Garces Updated: Sep-03-15 9:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have recalled left-hander Frank Garces from Triple-A El Paso on Thursday.
- 2 dead after small plane crashes into California driveway Updated: Sep-03-15 7:01 pm
SANTEE, California - A small plane grazed the roof of a California home and crashed in a driveway Thursday, killing two people onboard, authorities said. Nobody on the ground was hurt.
- Protesters back bill spurred by recent police shootings Updated: Sep-02-15 6:37 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers took up bills to regulate videos of police activities and law enforcement's acquisition of surplus military on Wednesday as hundreds of Black Lives Matter protesters demonstrated outside the governor's office urging the Legislature to take action on a bill to require better oversight of police interactions with the public.
- Andrus leads Rangers to 8-6 win over Padres Updated: Sep-02-15 3:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Elvis Andrus knew he was going to pull off a straight steal of home.
- San Diego college ends firearms class after investigation Updated: Sep-01-15 5:40 am
SAN DIEGO - Miramar College in San Diego has ended its firearms classes that they had offered to the general public amid an investigation into an instructor who brought a gun to a meeting.
- Aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan departs for Japan Updated: Sep-01-15 5:39 am
SAN DIEGO - The aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan has left the San Diego Bay and is making its way to Japan.
- Body believed to be swimmer who went missing off San Diego Updated: Sep-01-15 12:31 am
SAN DIEGO - Lifeguards searching for a missing swimmer off Ocean Beach in San Diego have found a body.
- Bill would ban naming public sites after Confederate leaders Updated: Aug-31-15 7:05 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers on Monday advanced a bill to ban schools, parks and other public property from being named after elected leaders or senior military officers of the Confederacy.
- Shark spotted off California beach again in 2 days Updated: Aug-30-15 8:50 pm
SAN DIEGO - A shark has been spotted in the waters off a San Diego County beach for the second time in two days, prompting lifeguards to extend an advisory warning beachgoers of the shark sighting.
- Hauschka kicks 60-yard field goal to give Seahawks 16-15 win Updated: Aug-30-15 12:50 am
SAN DIEGO - Facing a 60-yard field goal attempt on a steamy evening with 16 seconds left and his Seattle Seahawks trailing by two, Steven Hauschka's mindset was to just swing away.
- Panel: Release inmate convicted of killing San Diego officer Updated: Aug-29-15 12:59 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Parole officials on Friday recommended releasing a man convicted of gunning down a San Diego police officer 37 years ago as a teenage gang member.
- San Diego businessman sentenced for bribing bankers Updated: Aug-28-15 10:08 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego businessman who spent nearly $1 million to bribe bankers in a mortgage sales scheme has been sentenced to 1 ½ years in federal prison.
- Man injured in trolley station fall gets $21.5 million Updated: Aug-28-15 9:32 pm
SAN DIEGO - An Imperial Beach man who was injured when he tripped and fell on trolley tracks is receiving a $21.5 million insurance settlement.
- TV shooting survivor's husband recounts story before gunfire Updated: Aug-28-15 7:30 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The woman who survived the on-air shooting that killed two TV journalists says she never saw the gunman walk up to the group because the camera's bright light blinded her.
- Historic tugboat USS Hoga set for Arkansas Updated: Aug-28-15 2:44 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The historic tugboat, USS Hoga, will soon head to its new home in North Little Rock from California after federal officials cleared the journey, according to the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum.
- Train runs into truck on tracks in San Diego; no injuries Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Fire officials say an Amtrak train crashed into a truck that was on railroad tracks in San Diego, but the driver was able to jump out in time.
- Ex-news director of gunman describes him as confrontational Updated: Aug-27-15 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego news director recognized the gunman who shot to death two journalists on live television as a the man he had hired and later fired from a Florida TV station 16 years ago for getting in fights with colleagues and threatening others.
- Californians cut water without state imposing fines Updated: Aug-27-15 7:49 pm
FRESNO, California - For the second straight month, Californians exceeded hefty water conservation mandates during the relentless drought without the state imposing fines, officials said Thursday.