- Fresno, San Diego prepare for Trump visits, protesters Updated: May-27-16 1:03 pm
FRESNO, California - Fresno and San Diego geared up for protests at Donald Trump campaign events Friday, following similar events around the country that led to violence and arrests.
- The Latest: Protesters gather outside Trump event in Fresno Updated: May-27-16 12:21 pm
FRESNO, California - The Latest on protests at Donald Trump campaign events in California (all times local):
- Spike in crime in Las Vegas spurs search for causes, cures Updated: May-27-16 3:13 am
LAS VEGAS - From shootings on the Strip to the killing of a liquor store clerk who couldn't open a safe to an April weekend that saw five slayings in separate cases, crime is spiking in the shadows in Las Vegas - and spurring questions about causes and cures.
- Dodgers beat Reds 3-1 behind Kazmir to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-26-16 1:34 am
- San Francisco airport says 0 breaches in 2015; AP found 3 Updated: May-26-16 1:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A year after an Associated Press investigation reported San Francisco International Airport led the country for people getting over fences and through gates, officials there say they've had no more perimeter security breaches.
- Solarte ties game with HR, Padres lose in 10 innings Updated: May-25-16 8:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Diego has played, and lost, nine games against the San Francisco Giants this season and five have been by one run.
- Giants beat Padres 4-3 in 10 innings, 13th win in 14 games Updated: May-25-16 8:24 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Crawford's alert baserunning in the second inning gave the Giants an early lift. His long single in the 10th capped another walkoff win.
- Man sentenced for killing, dismembering girlfriend in Panama Updated: May-25-16 8:19 pm
SAN DIEGO - A California man was sentenced to 26 years in prison Wednesday for killing his girlfriend in Panama, dismembering her body with a machete and disposing of her remains in the jungle.
- Kermit Washington accused of stealing from his charity Updated: May-25-16 6:43 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Prosecutors have filed charges against former NBA forward Kermit Washington, accusing him of embezzling about a half-million dollars in charitable donations meant to help the needy in Africa and spending it on jewelry, vacations and other things.
- San Diego elementary school gets rid of Robert E. Lee name Updated: May-25-16 5:52 am
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego elementary school will feature a new name next school year after officials agreed to drop the current name honoring Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.
- McAuliffe announces California brewery expanding to Virginia Updated: May-25-16 3:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe says another craft beer company has decided to locate its East Coast operations in Virginia.
- The Avengers heed call to visit teen battling cancer Updated: May-24-16 10:29 pm
EL CAJON, California - Each night, 18-year-old Ryan Wilcox sleeps under a portrait of himself dressed as Captain America - the pinnacle of human strength and endurance.
- San Diego mayor says he won't run for California governor Updated: May-24-16 8:57 pm
SAN DIEGO - Kevin Faulconer said Tuesday that he won't run for governor of California in 2018 if re-elected mayor of San Diego, depriving Republicans of one of its better-known names in a potentially crowded Democratic field.
- Tony Gwynn's family sues tobacco industry over star's death Updated: May-24-16 8:30 am
SAN DIEGO - Tony Gwynn's widow and two children filed a lawsuit Monday seeking to hold the tobacco industry accountable for the Hall of Famer's death.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Ron Mix admits felony tax fraud Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pro Football Hall of Fame Member Ron Mix faces up to three years in federal prison after pleading guilty in Missouri to a felony tax-fraud charge.
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-23-16 12:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants aren't lighting up the scoreboard, but they're doing enough to keep piling up the wins.
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 Updated: May-22-16 11:44 pm
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk Updated: May-22-16 3:03 am
SAN DIEGO - It was tough enough for the Los Angeles Dodgers to watch Melvin Upton Jr.'s two-run, walk-off home run Friday night.
- Trump, Sanders, Clinton storm into California Updated: May-20-16 6:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Presidential candidates Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will crisscross California in coming days, with the state's crucial primary election closing in.
- Mexico condemns alleged beating of consulate employee Updated: May-20-16 6:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Mexican consulate in San Diego is condemning the alleged beating of one of its employees on a public bus.
- Samardzija pitches Giants to 8th straight win, 3-1 vs Padres Updated: May-20-16 1:15 am
SAN DIEGO - Bruce Bochy met Jeff Samardzija as the big right-hander came into the dugout after the eighth inning and told him he was done for the night.
- Signatures submitted for pro-death penalty ballot measure Updated: May-19-16 7:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - A campaign for a ballot initiative to speed executions for inmates on death row in California submitted signatures Thursday to appear on an increasingly crowded ballot that is expected to include an opposing measure to repeal capital punishment.
- Feds give scathing review of California border town's police Updated: May-19-16 2:02 am
SAN DIEGO - The U.S. Justice Department issued a scathing review Wednesday of a small town's police practices in a big drug and immigrant smuggling corridor on California's border with Mexico, finding a lack of basic controls and oversight of criminal investigations, unstable leadership and other red flags.
- Padres reinstate Amarista from 15-day DL Updated: May-18-16 9:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres on Wednesday reinstated infielder-outfielder Alexi Amarista from the 15-day disabled list. Amarista had been sidelined since April 20 with a strained right hamstring.
- Watch where you sit: Baby opossum rescued from toilet Updated: May-18-16 3:16 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego County Department of Animal Services says a baby opossum is doing well after being rescued from a toilet.