- Hatcher gives up 3-run HR to Kemp in Dodgers' 5-1 loss Updated: Apr-30-16 3:15 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers used to benefit from Matt Kemp's home runs - 182 times during nine seasons.
- Chargers ready for 'fun' final day of NFL draft with 5 picks Updated: Apr-30-16 3:06 am
SAN DIEGO - General manager Tom Telesco claims the San Diego Chargers don't rank their needs during the draft, which means they'll probably be going in every direction imaginable during the final four rounds.
- 4 Marines come together after 50 years for the perfect photo Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PALM COAST, Florida - They wanted the picture to be just right, to look as close as possible to the one they'd taken together 50 years ago, back when their memories hadn't yet been clouded by the images of war.
- Padres get 3-run HR from Kemp in 5-1 win Updated: Apr-30-16 2:39 am
LOS ANGELES - Matt Kemp returned to his old stomping grounds and delivered the kind of majestic home run he was known for during his nine seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers. And it brought him a great deal of satisfaction.
- Peavy, Giants give up 12 in 3rd inning of 13-1 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-30-16 12:57 am
NEW YORK - Jake Peavy has an 8.61 ERA after five starts, and some of his other numbers are even worse. Still, the San Francisco pitcher is confident he'll come around.
- Cespedes has 6 RBIs during Mets' record 12-run inning vs SF Updated: Apr-30-16 12:16 am
NEW YORK - For a while there, it seemed as though the New York Mets would never make another out.
- John Bosa proud to see son Joey go to Chargers in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 10:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - Nearly three decades after he was a first-round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins, John Bosa sat with his wife, Cheryl, in the third row of the Chargers' team meeting room and listened as their son, Joey, was introduced as San Diego's first-round pick in the NFL draft.
- Border inspectors seize 7 tons of marijuana in San Diego Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
SAN DIEGO - U.S. authorities say they seized more than seven tons of marijuana inside a truck at a San Diego border crossing.
- Navy commander sentenced to 78 months in bribery scandal Updated: Apr-29-16 5:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Navy commander who fled Cambodia's killing fields as a boy to grow up to become a decorated U.S. military officer was sentenced Friday to 78 months in prison for providing classified ship schedules in exchange for the services of prostitutes, theater tickets and other gifts from a Malaysian defense contractor.
- The Latest: Dead whale being cut up on California beach Updated: Apr-28-16 3:16 pm
SAN CLEMENTE, California - The Latest on the removal of a gray whale carcass from a California beach (all times local):
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- Dog that killed 3-day-old baby in San Diego is euthanized Updated: Apr-27-16 9:23 pm
SAN DIEGO - A family dog that killed a 3-day-old San Diego boy has been put down at the owners' request.
- Myers extends his hitting streak to 12 in Padres' loss Updated: Apr-27-16 9:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Wil Myers takes no solace in extending his hitting streak. It's cool, but losing overshadows all that.
- Belt drives in 5, Giants complete sweep of Padres Updated: Apr-27-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Brandon Belt is giving himself credit for a home run in the first inning, even though the wind held up his shot for a sacrifice fly. He had a good day regardless.
- 3 Sumatran tiger cubs step out at San Diego Zoo Updated: Apr-27-16 2:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three endangered Sumatran tiger cubs have made their debut at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- US Pacific Fleet expands use of 3rd Fleet commanders Updated: Apr-26-16 10:47 pm
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - The U.S. Pacific Fleet commander said he plans to expand the role of the U.S. 3rd Fleet commander and her staff in the Asia-Pacific region.
- San Diego council endorses anti-suicide study for bridge Updated: Apr-26-16 10:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego City Council has called for a study on ways to prevent suicides on the landmark San Diego-Coronado Bridge.
- Stepfather accused of toddler's murder pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-26-16 7:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - A man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he murdered his infant stepson 14 years ago.
- Autopsy: Newborn killed by dog died of bites to head Updated: Apr-25-16 9:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - A 3-day-old California boy mauled to death by the family dog died from bites to his head, according to autopsy results released Monday.
- Gyorko leads Cardinals' hit parade in 8-5 win against Padres Updated: Apr-24-16 9:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jedd Gyorko didn't mind being booed when he returned to San Diego with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Goodell attends rally in support of new stadium for Chargers Updated: Apr-23-16 8:18 pm
SAN DIEGO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday at a rally that the Chargers belong in San Diego and a new stadium would be "a perfect place for the Super Bowl."
- Cole pitches well, Pirates rout Padres 11-1 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-22-16 1:30 am
SAN DIEGO - After losing six of eight games, the Pittsburgh Pirates needed a game like they got from Gerrit Cole on Thursday night.
- Padres place LHP Erlin on disabled list with strained elbow Updated: Apr-21-16 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have placed left-hander Robbie Erlin on the disabled list with a strained left elbow, the second starter to be sidelined in the season's opening weeks.
- Recovering sea turtles flown from Seattle to San Diego Updated: Apr-21-16 8:21 pm
SEATTLE - Two sea turtles that landed cold, sickly and malnourished on shores far beyond their normal living range have been flown aboard a U.S. Coast Guard plane from Seattle to San Diego to finish rehabilitation.
- Half-mile tunnel found on US-Mexico border, cocaine seized Updated: Apr-21-16 1:27 am
SAN DIEGO - U.S. authorities said Wednesday that they discovered a cross-border tunnel that ran a half-mile from a Tijuana house equipped with a large elevator to a lot in San Diego that was advertised as a wooden pallet business, resulting in seizures of more than a ton of cocaine and seven tons of marijuana.