- Kennedy outduels Syndergaard in Padres' 7-2 win over Mets Updated: Jun-03-15 3:54 am
SAN DIEGO - Although Noah Syndergaard showed flashes of his considerable talent, the New York Mets' highly touted rookie didn't show enough.
- Kennedy outduels Syndergaard in Padres' 7-2 win over Mets Updated: Jun-03-15 3:53 am
SAN DIEGO - There was nothing to indicate that San Diego's Ian Kennedy would get the better of New York Mets phenom Noah Syndergaard. He did.
- Marines to honor troops killed in Nepal in helicopter crash Updated: Jun-03-15 2:39 am
SAN DIEGO - The Marine Corps will honor six Marines who were killed in a helicopter crash while on a rescue mission for earthquake victims in Nepal.
- California's largest lake threatened by urban water transfer Updated: Jun-03-15 2:37 am
SALTON CITY, California - Once-bustling marinas on shallow water in California's largest lake a few years ago are bone-dry. Carcasses of oxygen-starved tilapia lie on desolate shores. Flocks of eared grebes and shoreline birds bob up and down to feast on marine life.
- Court upholds sentence for son of Schwarzenegger ally Updated: Jun-03-15 12:07 am
SAN DIEGO - A California appeals court on Tuesday upheld former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's decision to dramatically reduce the manslaughter sentence of a political ally's son, saying his conduct may be considered wrong but it didn't violate any laws.
- San Diego TV anchor testifies at suspected shooter's hearing Updated: Jun-02-15 11:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego television sports anchor testified Tuesday at a court hearing for a house painter charged with shooting him six times in a dispute over money.
- Mets' Wright confident he'll return from back injury Updated: Jun-02-15 10:46 pm
SAN DIEGO - New York Mets third baseman David Wright is confident he'll return this season from his back injury.
- California lawmakers tackle smoking age, immigrant health Updated: Jun-02-15 9:35 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers on Tuesday tackled a wide range of bills to raise the smoking age, extend health care to immigrants and make it easier to register to vote as the Legislature advanced dozens of proposals ahead of a Friday deadline to pass bills out of their house of origin.
- Padres reinstate Alonso from 15-day DL Updated: Jun-02-15 9:21 pm
- Cashner Ks 12, gives up 6 runs in Padres' 7-0 loss to Mets Updated: Jun-02-15 2:27 am
SAN DIEGO - While a lack of run support has been the norm for Andrew Cashner, the Padres' pitcher rarely has an outing like this one.
- California Senate OKs scaled-down travel disclosure bill Updated: Jun-01-15 10:01 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California state senators on Monday advanced a scaled-down version of a political ethics bill after the initial proposal was vetoed by Gov. Jerry Brown, who said it would complicate campaign disclosure rather than reduce influence.
- Giants punter unhurt in hydroplaning crash on NJ Turnpike Updated: Jun-01-15 4:31 pm
- Pirates' Locke roughed up in 4 innings of 7-1 loss to Padres Updated: Jun-01-15 2:24 am
SAN DIEGO - Jeff Locke's tough outing may have put his next start for the Pirates in question.
- Despaigne leads Padres to 7-1 win over Pirates Updated: Jun-01-15 1:23 am
SAN DIEGO - Out with the tricks and back to basics for San Diego's Odrisamer Despaigne.
- Colon uses arm, bat, becomes NL's top winner, Mets top Miami Updated: May-31-15 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - Terry Collins has given shortstop Ruben Tejada chance after chance to secure a starting spot in the Mets' lineup.
- Keflezighi runs fastest masters half marathon of 1:02:29 Updated: May-31-15 8:08 pm
SAN DIEGO - Meb Keflezighi won the USA Track & Field Masters Half Marathon title Sunday with a time of 1 hour, 2 minutes, 29 seconds, the fastest ever for a runner 40 or older.
- 92-year-old becomes oldest woman to finish marathon Updated: May-31-15 7:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - A 92-year-old cancer survivor rocked her way into the record books Sunday, becoming the oldest woman to finish a marathon.
- Virginia stymies San Diego State 3-1 in NCAA tourney Updated: May-31-15 1:39 am
LAKE ELSINORE, California - Brandon Waddell and Jason Sborz combined on a four-hitter and Virginia scored twice in the bottom of the eighth inning for a 3-1 victory over San Diego State on Saturday night in the Lake Elsinore Regional.
- Half marathon will be Meb's first race in masters division Updated: May-30-15 6:44 pm
SAN DIEGO - Meb Keflezighi will run his first competitive race in the masters division when he competes in the Suja Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Half Marathon on Sunday.
- Civil War-era soldier to be buried with full military honors Updated: May-30-15 4:14 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Civil War-era soldier who received the Medal of Honor will be buried with full military honors after his ashes were discovered in an unmarked, communal crypt.
- San Diego State steals home to edge UC Santa Barbara 4-3 Updated: May-30-15 1:29 am
LAKE ELSINORE, California - Steven Pallares stole home for the go-ahead run in the eighth inning, giving San Diego State a 4-3 victory over UC Santa Barbara in the Lake Elsinore Regional on Friday night.
- Padres' home field to host college hoops game in December Updated: May-29-15 10:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - Play ball! Uh, basketball that is.
- California man kills neighbor, self after all-day standoff Updated: May-29-15 2:17 pm
CHULA VISTA, California - A dispute between neighbors ended with both men dead but the safe emergence of two children and the shooter's wife from an all-day standoff at a suburban San Diego apartment, authorities said.
- Body found floating near San Diego's Ocean Beach pier Updated: May-29-15 11:29 am
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say San Diego lifeguards pulled a badly decomposed body from the water near Ocean Beach Pier.
- Man kills self after California police standoff; family safe Updated: May-28-15 9:28 pm
CHULA VISTA, California - An all-day standoff in a San Diego-area apartment complex that began with a gunman killing his neighbor Thursday ended with the man killing himself after two children and his wife emerged unharmed, police said.