- Father, son found dead after house fire in Gary Updated: Aug-28-15 4:37 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities say a 94-year-old man and his son were found dead after a fire at a home in Gary.
- Gary airport manager resigns to return to Detroit Updated: Aug-26-15 4:31 pm
GARY, Indiana - The manager of the airport in Gary has resigned so he can move back to Detroit, where he was previously an airport director, and spend more time with his family, according to a statement released Tuesday.
- Western Kentucky faces lofty expectations as C-USA favorite Updated: Aug-21-15 12:48 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Western Kentucky showed poise with a season-ending five-game winning streak that earned a bowl berth and the program's first FBS postseason victory.
- City of Gary approves $10,000 in police officer pay raises Updated: Aug-20-15 1:55 pm
GARY, Indiana - The Gary City Council has approved a $10,000 pay raise by 2017 for police in an attempt to make the department more competitive with surrounding areas.
- Gary goes week without homicide after surge in violence Updated: Aug-19-15 8:01 am
GARY, Indiana - Gary has gone a week without a homicide, following a stretch of two months during which the city saw 14 people killed.
- Service held for Gary girl, 15, killed in drive-by shooting Updated: Aug-13-15 8:04 am
GARY, Indiana - A service for a 15-year-old Gary girl fatally shot during a drive-by shooting has drawn an overflow crowd to pay respects.
- Sheriff: More officers to hit Gary streets amid violence Updated: Aug-12-15 4:02 am
GARY, Indiana - Lake County Sheriff John Buncich says more officers will patrol streets in Gary following a recent rise in the number of homicides.
- Air traffic grows at Gary airport in 1st 7 months of 2015 Updated: Aug-11-15 4:53 am
GARY, Indiana - Gary/Chicago International Airport has seen an increase in air traffic through the first seven months of this year.
- Gary mayor proposes $10K raise for police, fire over 3 years Updated: Aug-08-15 5:43 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson has proposed raising the pay of city police and firefighters by $10,000 over three years.
- Police: 2 men found fatally shot at Gary home Updated: Aug-07-15 2:47 am
GARY, Indiana - Police say two 18-year-old men were found shot to death in Gary amid a rise in violence in the city.
- Man accused of killing wife's ex-husband in Gary Updated: Aug-06-15 7:49 am
GARY, Indiana - A 35-year-old man is accused of fatally shooting his wife's ex-husband in Gary.
- Indiana church bus driver: Vehicle had mechanical problems Updated: Aug-04-15 5:13 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The driver of a church bus facing charges after the vehicle overturned, killing a 6-year-old boy and injuring 11 others, said Tuesday that he is innocent and the bus had mechanical problems.
- Excise officer arrests Gary man wanted on kidnapping charges Updated: Aug-02-15 3:03 pm
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - A Gary man wanted on kidnapping charges has been arrested.
- Police: 2 men shot dead at Gary public housing complex Updated: Jul-31-15 8:49 am
GARY, Indiana - Officials in Gary say two men have been shot dead at one of the city's public housing complexes.
- Gary church bishop unaware driver had a suspended license Updated: Jul-29-15 4:05 pm
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The bishop of a Gary church says she was unaware the driver of bus carrying parishioners involved in a crash that killed a 6-year-old boy was driving with a suspended license.
- Gary schools pick finance expert to help with deficit, debt Updated: Jul-29-15 8:04 am
GARY, Indiana - The Gary school district is bringing in a Michigan-based financial expert to help it deal with a $23.7 million deficit and total debt of roughly $92 million.