- Orchestra instructors want to grow program at Gary school Updated: Jun-01-15 5:08 pm
GARY, Indiana - The teachers who run the school orchestra at Wirt-Emerson Visual and Performing Arts Academy in Gary are committed to growing the program despite financial challenges in the local school district, they said.
- Rally to support for northwestern Indiana police planned Updated: May-28-15 3:53 am
GARY, Indiana - Residents of Gary are planning a rally to show support for police officers in northwest Indiana.
- 2nd kidnapping count filed in stolen baby case Updated: May-27-15 6:49 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Prosecutors have added a kidnapping count against a Gary woman already charged with killing a baby's mother and trying to pass off the newborn as her own.
- Sons of slain Gary officer work to preserve father's legacy Updated: May-22-15 9:34 am
GARY, Indiana - David Rorex was just a baby when his father, Gary police Detective Dorian Rorex, was shot and killed while chasing a drug dealer through a Gary alley in 1998.
- Supreme Court upholds death sentence of Gary family killer Updated: May-20-15 12:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court has upheld the death sentence of a Gary man convicted of killing his wife and two teenage stepchildren.
- Gary to open bids to demolish Ambassador Apartments Updated: May-20-15 4:04 am
GARY, Indiana - The city of Gary plans to open bids Tuesday on proposals to demolish what was one of its tallest buildings when it opened in 1928.
- Police investigate death of 2-year-old girl in Gary Updated: May-19-15 7:26 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities say they are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl in Gary that has been ruled a homicide.
- Bus from Gary casino left dangling after going off bridge Updated: May-17-15 1:28 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary police say a driver for a casino bus with no passengers was rescued after the vehicle was left dangling after going off a bridge in northwest Indiana.
- US Steel lays off another 285 works at Gary Works mill Updated: May-16-15 3:43 pm
GARY, Indiana - U.S. Steel has laid off another 285 workers at its Gary Works mill in the latest wave of layoffs spurred by weak demand for its steel.
- Father accused of neglect after son shoots daughter in hand Updated: May-14-15 8:14 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A Gary man is being accused of neglect after police say his 6-year-old son shot his 3-year-old daughter in the hand while they were alone in the car.
- State wildlife crews to spray in 3 counties for gypsy moths Updated: May-13-15 4:19 am
GARY, Indiana - State wildlife crews are resuming their aerial spraying campaign against an invasive moth that has a foothold over a large swath of northern Indiana.
- Indiana State Police investigating Gary city employees Updated: May-07-15 8:04 am
GARY, Indiana - Indiana State Police say they're investigating city of Gary employees after getting a report of a crime involving Apple products.
- Brainard wins in Carmel, Hogsett, Brewer win in Indianapolis Updated: May-05-15 10:20 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A five-term mayor of an affluent Indianapolis suburb known for its sustained building boom defeated a challenger in the Republican primary who said the city was spending too much and would eventually need to raise taxes.