- Authorities: Body found in Indiana identified as Texas man Updated: Apr-29-16 3:01 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities say a body found in northwestern Indiana has been identified as a Texas man who had been missing since January.
- Federal ruling on N Carolina voting laws bolsters voter ID Updated: Apr-26-16 10:12 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Civil rights and elections attorneys said Tuesday they will appeal a federal court ruling upholding North Carolina's 2013 major rewrite of its voting laws, a decision that marks at least a temporary victory for another state that requires photo identification to vote.
- Gary man freed after convictions vacated in gang rape case Updated: Apr-26-16 3:18 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A northern Indiana man was released from police custody to the cheers of a crowd of friends and family after he served more than two decades in prison for a gang rape in which he recently was cleared.
- Gary man charged with killing mother of infant daughter Updated: Apr-26-16 2:34 pm
MERRILLVILLE, Indiana - A Gary man has been charged with murder and fraud for allegedly strangling the mother of his infant daughter, then selling her car and shopping with her welfare benefits, authorities say.
- Indiana primary reminds Gary of former Trump casino Updated: Apr-24-16 2:27 pm
GARY, Indiana - The May 3 Indiana presidential primary is putting renewed attention on Republican front-runner Donald Trump's successful bid for a Gary casino two decades ago.
- Judge: 1st murder cases against Gary man to remain together Updated: Apr-22-16 7:51 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - An Indiana man who confessed to killing seven women will stand trial at the same time for the first two cases, a judge ruled Friday, but defense attorneys plan to appeal the decision.
- Merrillville man gets 40 years for helping girl kill mom Updated: Apr-18-16 3:00 pm
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A judge has sentenced a northwestern Indiana man to 40 years in prison for helping his girlfriend kill her mother.
- Winners announced in 2015 Indiana APME newspaper contest Updated: Apr-15-16 9:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Star has won the top reporting award and Thomas J. Russo got top honors for photography in the annual Indiana Associated Press Media Editors contest.
- Hundreds are kind to each other at World Civility Day event Updated: Apr-15-16 6:47 pm
GARY, Indiana - Participants in northwest Indiana's first World Civility Day event smiled, greeting each other with handshakes and hugs, and some took photographs to share on social media as they advocated treating others kindly.
- Organizers hope Indiana event boosts civility in politics Updated: Apr-13-16 6:56 am
GARY, Indiana - Organizers expect about 300 people to attend a northwestern Indiana program aimed at promoting civility in politics and the community.
- Police: Toddler taken at gunpoint from foster home found Updated: Apr-12-16 10:10 pm
GARY, Indiana - Authorities in northwestern Indiana say a 15-month-old boy who was taken from his Gary foster home at gunpoint has been found.
- The Latest: Autopsies done on students killed in shooting Updated: Apr-11-16 5:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Latest on a Baton Rouge shooting that killed two 19-year-old Southern University students (all times local):
- Gary police: Possible explosion at school a confirmed arson Updated: Apr-08-16 4:00 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary police say a shattered window at a high school that school officials believe was caused by an explosive device is being investigated as an arson.
- Merrillville apartment complex fire displaces 34 families Updated: Apr-04-16 6:50 pm
MERRILLVILLE, Indiana - A fire chief says 34 families have been displaced by a fire at an apartment complex in northwest Indiana.