- Gary man, 80, drowns in northern Indiana lake Updated: Jul-25-15 5:56 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - Conservation officers say an 80-year-old Gary man drowned in a northern Indiana lake while trying to retrieve a fishing boat that drifted away as he and friend were launching it.
- 21 abandoned schools add to Gary's urban decay Updated: Jul-25-15 5:46 pm
GARY, Indiana - Gary's neighborhoods are pockmarked with 21 abandoned schools littered with broken windows and gang graffiti that add to the northwestern Indiana city's urban decay.
- 2 Gary brothers reported missing days before bodies found Updated: Jul-22-15 6:31 am
HOBART, Indiana - Authorities say two brothers from Gary had been reported missing by their mother 11 days before their bodies were found decomposed in a wooded area in northwest Indiana.
- Governors order National Guardsmen to be armed after attacks Updated: Jul-18-15 6:49 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Governors in at least a half-dozen states ordered National Guardsmen to be armed in the wake of an attack on two military facilities in Tennessee, and Florida Gov. Rick Scott went a step further Saturday by immediately relocated recruiters to armories.
- Homeless man from Gary receives job interview makeover Updated: Jul-16-15 5:04 am
HOBART, Indiana - Byron Allen had been living in a motel near Gary's Miller neighborhood until his employer didn't pay him on time, and he got kicked out on the street.
- Mayor: Gary Air Show to return to Marquette Park in 2016 Updated: Jul-16-15 4:05 am
GARY, Indiana - Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson says the Gary Air Show will return next year to the shores of the city's Marquette Park beach.
- Gary schools to choose from 3 financial consultants Updated: Jul-14-15 9:30 am
GARY, Indiana - The state of Indiana's Distress Unit Appeals Board has given Gary's school district the choice of three consultants to provide it financial assistance.
- Obama commutations include 2 Chicago men, 1 from Gary Updated: Jul-13-15 1:48 pm
CHICAGO - Two Chicago men, including one serving a life sentence, and a Gary, Indiana man were among nearly four dozen non-violent offenders whose prison sentences President Barack Obama has commuted.
- Officials see Gary runway expansion as economic catalyst Updated: Jul-11-15 5:46 pm
GARY, Indiana - The completion of an 8,900-foot runway has given Gary/Chicago International Airport the capability to relieve Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports of some cargo and general aviation operations and possibly provide a long sought economic catalyst for the region, officials say.
- Officials: Teen found dead inside Gary school was strangled Updated: Jul-09-15 6:10 am
GARY, Indiana - Authorities say a 17-year-old Chicago girl whose body was found inside a vacant Gary school was strangled.
- 2 Gary residents arrested in alleged human trafficking case Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
GARY, Indiana - Two Gary residents face state and federal charges stemming from a case in which a woman told police she was forced to perform sex acts with men against her will.
- Gary airport's runway opens amid hope for increased activity Updated: Jun-29-15 4:52 pm
GARY, Indiana - The opening of an extended runway at Gary/Chicago International Airport is expected to bring more activity, but it will come gradually over time, according to aviation experts involved in the project.
- Dispatchers to get training after firing over Gary 911 call Updated: Jun-29-15 8:54 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - Emergency dispatchers in northwest Indiana's Lake County are getting more training after a man who called 911 was found dead in a Gary church hours later.