- Gary seeks to turn blighted sites into rain gardens Updated: Oct-11-15 1:33 pm
GARY, Indiana - An effort is underway in Gary to try to turn vacant properties into rain gardens that will help the city deal with its blight and stormwater management problems.
- Prosecutors seeking DNA sample in Gary officer's slaying Updated: Oct-08-15 8:18 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - The Lake County prosecutor's office wants to obtain a DNA sample from a 27-year-old man accused of killing a Gary police officer.
- Gary schools considers storing art collection with company Updated: Oct-08-15 3:55 am
GARY, Indiana - The Gary School Board is considering spending more than $14,000 to store its extensive art collection with a private Chicago art preservation company until it determines what to do with it.
- Gary part of push to build trust between police, public Updated: Oct-02-15 2:13 pm
GARY, Indiana - A federal pilot program aimed at improving ties between law enforcement and communities, and curbing racial bias is moving ahead in Gary, one of six U.S. cities taking part in the initiative.
- 7 charged in fatal July shootings of 2 Gary brothers Updated: Sep-30-15 4:51 pm
HOBART, Indiana - Seven people have been charged in the fatal July shootings of two Gary brothers that court records suggest were retaliation for a May shooting.
- Gary school implements new way to learn from mistakes Updated: Sep-29-15 1:58 pm
GARY, Indiana - The girls sat side by side Friday, eating their lunch and talking, with one offering the other a bite of pizza.
- Gary airport tenant sues airport authority, private operator Updated: Sep-26-15 4:36 pm
GARY, Indiana - A tenant at the Gary/Chicago International Airport is suing the airport authority and its private operator, alleging that they "unilaterally" quadrupled its rent.
- Gary man released pending trial linked to cold case slaying Updated: Sep-25-15 5:20 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - A Gary man has been ordered released from custody pending trial after being charged with lying to FBI agents investigating the 1995 death of a 15-year-old girl.
- WKU's Doughty looks like latest mid-major QB with NFL future Updated: Sep-16-15 2:36 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Brandon Doughty might be the best quarterback you haven't heard of, until now.
- Auditors say financial records at Gary schools in disarray Updated: Sep-16-15 4:15 am
GARY, Indiana - Indiana's State Board of Accounts says the Gary school district's financial records are so disorganized that auditors can't determine the accuracy of cash balances and spending reports.
- Wisconsin woman accused of killing daughter who disappeared Updated: Sep-15-15 5:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin woman is charged with killing her teenage adopted daughter whose burned body was found in a garage in Gary, Indiana, eight years ago but was not identified until this summer when police say another daughter came forward and said she had helped hide the body.
- Bead Town Gary project designed to transform city's schools Updated: Sep-14-15 5:05 am
GARY, Indiana - People always made fun of the small industrialized town where Stephan Wanger grew up near Hamburg, Germany. They poked fun at his town for its gritty atmosphere and because of the accents of its residents.