- Roanoke Valley localities consider crash reporting center Updated: Jul-31-15 6:13 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Police in four Roanoke Valley localities have proposed adopting a Canadian method of reporting car crashes that reduces police involvement.
- Police: Man shot after raising gun toward Roanoke officers Updated: Jul-20-15 12:47 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Roanoke police say a man was shot and wounded after he raised a handgun toward officers.
- Sweet Briar announces return of student abroad programs Updated: Jul-20-15 12:47 pm
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - Now that Sweet Briar College is on track for the upcoming academic year, its junior year abroad programs are returning from Hollins University.
- Va. grape production doesn't keep pace with winery growth Updated: Jul-19-15 2:41 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Grape production in Virginia hasn't kept pace with the growth of wineries, creating a shortage that has driven up prices for wineries, wine producers and experts said.
- More than 7,900 in southwest Va. without power after storms Updated: Jul-14-15 12:33 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Severe thunderstorms have left more than 7,900 Appalachian Power customers in southwest Virginia without electricity.
- Trial shifted for 6 accused in Va. reserve officer's slaying Updated: Jul-09-15 3:19 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Six people accused in the slaying of a Waynesboro reserve police officer will be tried in Roanoke.
- Ex-Bosnian guard extradited to face war-crimes charges Updated: Jul-07-15 5:10 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Bosnian prison camp guard living in the U.S. has been extradited to his native country to face war-crimes charges, including that he beat civilian detainees with a baton and a rifle and forced some detainees to crawl on the ground naked and eat grass where others had urinated.
- Rodeo royalty: In high school rodeo, Callaway girl is queen Updated: Jul-05-15 10:08 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - When most rising high school seniors start considering colleges, they look for schools that have great athletic training programs or study opportunities. For Jane Revercomb of Franklin County, the dream school must have a rodeo team.
- Jury awards woman $700,000 in suit against Salem clinic Updated: Jul-01-15 7:32 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - A jury has awarded $700,000 to a Roanoke woman who sued a Salem clinic over her treatment.