- Former ammunition plant worker sentenced on sex charges Updated: Oct-13-15 3:42 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - A former contract worker at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant has been sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for sexually assaulting three fellow workers.
- Police investigate death of inmate at Roanoke jail Updated: Oct-12-15 11:28 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Police are investigating the death of an inmate at the Roanoke City Jail.
- Feds tell Amtrak to raise planned Roanoke boarding platform Updated: Oct-07-15 8:15 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - The Federal Railroad Administration says the boarding platform at a planned Amtrak station in Roanoke is too low.
- Virginia woman gets more prison time for DUI recidivism Updated: Oct-06-15 3:10 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - A Roanoke County woman has been sentenced to an additional six years and two months in prison for driving drunk in violation of her probation that stemmed from a fatal construction zone crash in 2008.
- The Latest: Surfer enjoys outing in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Oct-03-15 2:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on heavy rains in Virginia. (All times local):
- Virginia Beach woman shows others how to graduate debt free Updated: Oct-03-15 9:43 am
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - When Lorraine SantaLucia graduated from Landstown High School in 2010, her parents and grandparents broke the bad news.
- Already soaked Virginia residents brace for more storms Updated: Sep-30-15 9:23 pm
Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Wednesday declared a state of emergency as more storms are forecast for parts of Virginia already soaked by summer rains, and Hurricane Joaquin poses an additional threat as it makes its way to the East Coast.
- Roanoke woman sentenced in infant daughter's drowning Updated: Sep-30-15 7:38 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - A Roanoke woman whose 8-month-old daughter drowned after being left unattended in a bathtub has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Va. man admits he falsely said ex threatened president Updated: Sep-30-15 2:30 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - A 21-year-old Roanoke man admits he lied when he told the FBI his former girlfriend had made threats against the life of the president and intended to join the Islamic State group.
- Rains, more in forecast, causing headaches across Virginia Updated: Sep-29-15 6:05 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Steady rains have forced the early closure of schools and flooded dozens of streets from Southside Virginia to the Shenandoah Valley.
- US Forest Service, WVU team up for national forest surveys Updated: Sep-29-15 2:20 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - West Virginia University will survey visitors to the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests, with the aim of assisting state and local governments with tourism strategies.
- Kayakers discover man's body in Roanoke River Updated: Sep-27-15 10:25 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - Authorities have recovered a man's body from the Roanoke River near the Blue Ridge Parkway in Roanoke County.
- Roanoke man pleads guilty in toddler's fatal shooting Updated: Sep-25-15 10:37 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - A Roanoke man has admitted his role in the fatal shooting of a toddler and the wounding of her mother.
- Tobacco panel gives Bristol grant for passenger rail study Updated: Sep-24-15 6:57 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - The city of Bristol has received a $250,000 grant to study the feasibility of extending Amtrak service from Roanoke to other sites.
- Female drag racer heads to class after a successful summer Updated: Sep-20-15 10:01 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - It didn't take Taylor Dunahoo long to run into a red light in her first class at Virginia Western Community College on Sept. 7.
- Roanoke settles suit stemming from wreck involving officer Updated: Sep-13-15 11:25 am
ROANOKE, Virginia - The city of Roanoke has settled a lawsuit stemming from traffic accident involving an on-duty police officer.