- Inmate escaped Portland prison by breaking door and window Updated: Aug-03-15 4:50 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Corrections says an inmate who escaped from a Portland prison did so by breaking a kitchen door and window.
- Watermelon seed-spitting competition returns to Portland Updated: Aug-03-15 2:01 pm
HERMISTON, Oregon - Lawmakers from northern Oregon's east and west sides spat seeds from Hermiston watermelons in a competition aimed at promoting the city and its agriculture.
- In drought, Pacific Northwest cities, farms face water cuts Updated: Aug-02-15 4:38 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A deepening drought in the Pacific Northwest is forcing some cities, farms and state agencies to cut back on water use.
- Man serving time for burglary escapes Oregon prison Updated: Aug-02-15 12:30 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man serving time for a burglary conviction has escaped from an Oregon Prison by breaking a kitchen window.
- Police arrest man in connection with Portland homicide Updated: Aug-01-15 3:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police detectives arrested a man in connection with another man's death in Portland last month.
- Mayor heads to White House for clean power conference Updated: Aug-01-15 2:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland Mayor Charlie Hales has been invited to the White House for a clean power conference.
- Man arraigned for assaulting Portland police officer Updated: Aug-01-15 2:16 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man accused of assaulting a Portland police officer was arraigned in Multnomah County Circuit Court.
- A look at the extreme West Coast weather Updated: Jul-31-15 7:53 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Southern California has been pummeled by heavy rain and hail, while the Pacific Northwest is baking in a triple-digit heat wave. Here's a look at the extreme weather:
- With protest over, Shell prepares for Arctic Ocean drilling Updated: Jul-31-15 5:53 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Hours after a repaired Shell icebreaker eased past protesters in Oregon to join an Arctic drilling operation, the oil giant used other vessels in its flotilla to begin excavating off the coast of Alaska in hopes of confirming the presence of billions of barrels of crude below the ocean floor.
- Authorities report 2 arrests in Portland's drilling protest Updated: Jul-31-15 2:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office says it made one arrest during an effort by protesters to block a Royal Dutch Shell icebreaker from leaving Portland for an Arctic drilling operation.
- Urban backyard chicken ordinance gets preliminary approval Updated: Jul-30-15 12:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An urban backyard chicken ordinance is moving forward in Marion County, south of Portland.
- 19 years for man who robbed tourists on Portland bridge Updated: Jul-29-15 9:46 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 27-year-old man who forced two California tourists to strip naked during a robbery on a Portland bridge has been sentenced to more than 19 years in prison.
- Portland man pleads guilty to art-forgery scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 4:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon man confessed to faking works created by well-known artists and selling some of the knockoffs to a gallery owner.
- Portland fireworks hotline fizzles from overload Updated: Jul-29-15 1:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's Fourth of July hotline was supposed to let residents report illegal fireworks and give police better leads for enforcement.
- Salvation Army sets up charging ports for Portland homeless Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Following the misdemeanor arrest of two homeless people in Portland for using an outdoor power outlet to charge their phones, Salvation Army workers have set up a cellphone charging station.
- Woman sues Fred Meyer pharmacy after receiving wrong drugs Updated: Jul-29-15 6:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A woman who says she had to be taken to the emergency room after a Fred Meyer pharmacy employee gave her the wrong prescription has filed a lawsuit.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in mobile home shooting SE of Portland Updated: Jul-29-15 2:22 am
DAMASCUS, Oregon - The Clackamas County sheriff's office says one man was killed and another was injured during a mobile home park shooting in Damascus Tuesday night.
- New electric car quick-charging station opens in Portland Updated: Jul-28-15 1:22 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The largest lineup of electric car quick-charging stations in downtown Portland is open for business.
- Portlanders lax about paying annual arts tax, audit finds Updated: Jul-28-15 1:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Three years after the first arts tax payments arrived in the mail, nearly 200,000 Portlanders either haven't paid their first bill or filed paperwork claiming they are exempt from paying the $35 tax, according to a city audit released Tuesday.
- State seeks solutions to shipping woes at Hermiston workshop Updated: Jul-28-15 12:53 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - The recent withdrawal of nearly all container shipping at the Port of Portland has forced businesses throughout Oregon to choose between paying more for exports or risk losing customers overseas.
- Airline will fly between Klamath Falls and Portland Updated: Jul-27-15 8:37 pm
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - Commercial air service is returning to Klamath Falls.
- Portland cold case: father of 5 shot in the head Updated: Jul-27-15 1:40 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It's been exactly 10 years since a father of five was gunned down at a North Portland parking lot, and police are asking for the public's help in solving the homicide.
- South Albany High becoming Rebels in name only Updated: Jul-27-15 1:08 pm
ALBANY, Oregon - They removed the Confederate battle flag from South Albany High School 20 years ago. A Confederate soldier does not dance during football games. This year, one of the school's 10 black students led the cheers.
- 1 injured in Portland shooting Updated: Jul-27-15 12:44 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police detectives are investigating a shooting at an East Portland home that left one man injured.
- Portland police arrest man in online prostitution sting Updated: Jul-27-15 10:28 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Numerous charges have been filed against a man Portland police say tried to have sex with a minor.