- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement Updated: Aug-29-15 5:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nadine Angerer long ago started a bucket list of what she wants to do in retirement.
- 2 PSU fundraisers resign after $100 million gift no show Updated: Aug-28-15 7:31 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two Portland State University fundraisers have resigned in wake of the $100 million gift that didn't materialize.
- Northwest fire crews hope for a break in the weather Updated: Aug-28-15 4:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Northwest fire officials told U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack that incoming cooler weather could help calm the massive blazes that threaten thousands of homes, but wind storms may cause extreme fire behavior in the interim.
- School employee harassed by co-worker sues Portland district Updated: Aug-28-15 3:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland Public Schools employee who was harassed by a co-worker seeks $650,000 in a lawsuit against the district.
- Common Core: 21 Oregon districts miss mark for test taking Updated: Aug-28-15 11:53 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Twenty-one Oregon districts ranging from small to the state's largest failed to meet federal testing targets for Smarter Balanced assessments, according to state data.
- Alex Morgan hopes last injury was the last Updated: Aug-27-15 10:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Alex Morgan hopes she's emerging from her last injury layoff for a while.
- Oregon seeks proposals to open up to 17 new liquor stores Updated: Aug-27-15 9:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Liquor Control Commission voted Wednesday to accept proposals for up to 17 new liquor stores in the Portland metro area.
- Ag secretary promises more sage grouse spending across West Updated: Aug-27-15 8:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The federal government plans to spend more than $200 million over the next three years on programs to protect greater sage grouse in Western states - regardless of whether the bird receives federal protections, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said.
- Catholic school changes policy on gay hiring after backlash Updated: Aug-27-15 4:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Roman Catholic school in Portland has changed its policy on hiring gay employees following the uproar over its decision to withdraw a job offer to a lesbian woman.
- Former Portland mayor staffer suing city, ex-chief of staff Updated: Aug-27-15 12:44 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A former executive assistant to Portland Mayor Charlie Hales is suing the city and the mayor's former chief of staff for at least $350,000 in damages.
- Man accused of posing as officer, raping woman in Portland Updated: Aug-27-15 10:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland man remains in jail on suspicion of raping a woman and posing as a law enforcement officer.
- Officials weigh Portland Building renovation Updated: Aug-26-15 3:06 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland officials are trying to figure out what to do with the city's administrative headquarters, a 33-year-old building that is in need of a nearly $200 million renovation.
- Portland Catholic school revokes job offer to gay woman Updated: Aug-26-15 10:08 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Catholic school in downtown Portland has rescinded its job offer for a college counseling position after learning that the candidate is gay.
- Ancestors to noted studio take stained glass tour Updated: Aug-25-15 12:07 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - As the final resting place of Harry and David Holmes and its extensive use of Alaskan marble from a quarry no longer in operation, the 1925-built mausoleum at Medford's Eastwood Cemetery has notable reasons for its historical significance.
- Man accused of killing man at racetrack turns himself in Updated: Aug-25-15 5:43 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 50-year-old Washington man accused of killing another man at a motocross event with one punch has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges.
- State says Portland's mobile medical marijuana cart illegal Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It didn't take long for an entrepreneur to combine two of Portland's favorite things: marijuana and food carts.
- Burwash leads Bowling Green, Kentucky, at LLWS Updated: Aug-24-15 10:59 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Eli Burwash scored the go-ahead run in the bottom of the fifth inning then earned the save pitching as Bowling Green, Kentucky, avoided elimination Monday at the Little League World Series by beating Taylors, South Carolina, 4-3.
- Interstate 5 closures in Portland all this week Updated: Aug-24-15 9:40 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation will be closing Interstate 5 through Portland for several nights and mornings this week for road paving.
- The Latest: Crews fight fire near Montana highway Updated: Aug-24-15 4:07 pm
OKANOGAN, Washington - The latest on wildfires in the West (all times local):
- Portland archbishop apologizes for priest who hid camera Updated: Aug-24-15 3:47 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The archbishop of Portland has apologized for placing too much trust in a priest who is suspected of hiding a camera in a church bathroom.
- Rodriguez homers twice to lead DR past Oregon 7-3 in LLWS Updated: Aug-24-15 3:06 pm
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pennsylvania - Emmanuel Rodriguez hit two home runs to lead the Dominican Republic to a 7-3 win over Portland, Oregon, Monday in a Little League World Series consolation game.
- Wildfire west of Portland closes portion of Highway 26 Updated: Aug-24-15 10:43 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The state Department of Transportation says a portion of Highway 26 will remain closed until at least noon Monday because of a wildfire near Manning, Oregon.
- Motorcyclist dies after collision with pickup in Portland Updated: Aug-24-15 5:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A motorcycle driver in Portland died after a collision with a pickup truck.
- Somerset County man wants to get streetcars back on track Updated: Aug-23-15 11:28 am
WINDBER, Pennsylvania - A streetcar flecked with rust and fringed in wild daisies lists slightly in a railyard in Windber, Somerset County. With red and orange stripes and a Regional Transit Authority logo under milky-green windows, it says "city" and "back in the day" like no other urban icon.
- Melano pulls Portland to 2-2 draw against Houston Updated: Aug-22-15 2:29 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - It was a night of firsts for Lucas Melano.