- Portland police investigating after nearly 36 shots fired Updated: Feb-14-16 10:24 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Gang Enforcement Team with the Portland police is investigating the firing of nearly three dozen rounds in the Montavilla neighborhood on the east side of the city.
- As FBI goes through evidence at refuge, town awaits normalcy Updated: Feb-13-16 11:11 am
BURNS, Oregon - As the FBI focuses on its criminal investigation at the national wildlife refuge taken over by an armed group, land managers must get ready to reopen the 300 square-mile area, which draws birdwatchers, anglers and hunters and is a key economic engine of the surrounding area.
- Portland police search for driver who fled from fatal crash Updated: Feb-13-16 10:29 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say they're searching for the driver of a vehicle who fled following a Saturday morning collision between two vehicles that killed one person and severely injured three others.
- Glass companies agree to stop using carcinogenic metal Updated: Feb-13-16 2:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two Portland glass companies have agreed to stop the use of a carcinogenic metal at the request of the state environmental agency, the Oregonian reported.
- WHL Roundup: Tyler Wong scores hat trick as Hurricanes beat Americans Updated: Feb-13-16 1:10 am
LETHBRIDGE, Alta. - Tyler Wong scored a hat trick to lead the Lethbridge Hurricanes past the Tri-City Americans 5-3 on Friday night in Western Hockey League action.
- Portland police officer resigns after misconduct guilty plea Updated: Feb-13-16 12:26 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say one of their officers has pleaded guilty to first-degree official misconduct and resigned from the force.
- Senators: Portland's toxic air is 'public health emergency' Updated: Feb-12-16 11:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Federal lawmakers on Friday implored the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to respond to growing alarm over what they said were dangerous amounts of toxic pollution in Portland's air.
- People gather to mourn slain Oregon police officer Updated: Feb-12-16 7:19 pm
SEASIDE, Oregon - People gathered with flags and flowers on Friday to remember an officer slain while on duty last week in Seaside, Oregon.
- The Latest: Final 4 Oregon occupiers plead not guilty Updated: Feb-12-16 6:01 pm
BURNS, Oregon - The Latest on the standoff at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon (all times local):
- Sheriff settles hostile work environment case Updated: Feb-12-16 5:36 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton has reached a settlement with a chief deputy who filed a tort claim alleging the sheriff created a hostile work environment.
- Wiljer, Sabonis lead Gonzaga past Portland 92-66 Updated: Feb-12-16 1:32 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Kyle Wiltjer had five 3-pointers and 21 points, Domantas Sabonis had a double-double and Gonzaga rolled to a 92-66 win over Portland on Thursday night.
- Oregon Senate approves bill to increase minimum wage Updated: Feb-11-16 11:09 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate approved a measure Thursday that would incrementally increase the state's minimum wage over the next six years.
- Cliven Bundy to remain in jail in 2014 Nevada standoff case Updated: Feb-11-16 7:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - The father of the jailed leader of a group that occupied an Oregon federal wildlife refuge was charged Thursday by federal authorities with leading a tense April 2014 armed standoff with Bureau of Land Management agents near his ranch in Nevada.
- Agencies push back on proposal to double lodging tax Updated: Feb-11-16 2:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Portland government agencies are pushing against a proposal to double Oregon's lodging tax in preparation for the 2021 world track and field championships in Eugene.
- Lillard scores 31 as surging Blazers beat Rockets 116-103 Updated: Feb-11-16 3:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Houston Rockets are "broken," according to their coach and star player. The Portland Trail Blazers are in the middle of their best run of basketball all season.
- Meter supplier gets 15 months for bribing Portland official Updated: Feb-10-16 6:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Florida businessman who bribed his way into winning multi-million dollar contracts to supply Portland's parking meters has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison.
- Oregon pension funds see 20 percent increase in deficit Updated: Feb-10-16 12:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Treasurer and Portland mayoral candidate Ted Wheeler issued a statement last week noting that the state pension fund's investment returns were 2.1 percent in 2015.
- State: No carcinogens found in air at Portland schools Updated: Feb-10-16 8:11 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Air tests at five Portland schools have found no traces of carcinogens that have been found in other neighborhoods of the city.
- Body pulled from Willamette River Updated: Feb-09-16 3:04 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Multnomah County authorities have recovered a body from the Willamette River in Portland.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- Police ID victim in Gresham homicide as Portland man Updated: Feb-08-16 12:52 pm
GRESHAM, Oregon - Gresham police have identified a man killed in a shooting last week as 22-year-old Ravell Sterling of Portland.
- Woman leads officers on pursuit with 3 kids in car Updated: Feb-08-16 12:37 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say they have arrested a woman who led officers on a chase while three children were in her car.
- 11 new buildings planned for downtown Portland Updated: Feb-08-16 12:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland real estate owners have revealed a plan to bring $1.5 billion in investment to transform one of the city's oldest neighborhoods.
- Woman falls to her death in downtown Portland Updated: Feb-07-16 11:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say a woman either fell or jumped from a building in downtown Portland on Saturday afternoon. The Oregonian reports (http://is.gd/b3n8Am ) there are no indications of foul play involved in her death.
- Breunig's career night lifts Montana over Portland St. 82-80 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:47 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Martin Breunig had 26 of his career-high 32 points in the second half to power Montana's 82-80 comeback win over Portland State on Saturday night.