- FAA: Helicopter with 2 aboard crashes south of Newberg, Ore. Updated: Jul-02-15 2:59 am
NEWBERG, Oregon - A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman confirms a helicopter carrying two people crashed late Wednesday night about 17 miles south of Newberg, Oregon.
- Man fatally shot after traffic stop in McMinnville, Ore. Updated: Jul-01-15 9:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities say a man has died in an officer-involved shooting in McMinnville, Oregon.
- Thousands gather in Portland as Oregon eases into legal weed Updated: Jul-01-15 4:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon began easing into an era of legal marijuana Wednesday after an early morning pot celebration at the center of Portland.
- Man accused of secretly filming people in Portland bathroom Updated: Jul-01-15 12:08 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police arrested a man accused of secretly recording videos at the optometry office where he worked.
- Man gets 6 years for punch that caused man's death Updated: Jul-01-15 6:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A 42-year-old man who punched a stranger during an argument causing him to fall and later die has been sentenced to 6 1/3 years in prison.
- Portland man found guilty of fatally Christmas Eve shooting Updated: Jul-01-15 6:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A southeast Portland man has been found guilty of fatally shooting his younger brother in the neck during an argument on Christmas Eve 2013.
- Sheriff: Body in Portland harbor is missing jet skier Updated: Jul-01-15 12:53 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County sheriff's officer says the body of a missing jet skier has been recovered from the north Portland harbor.
- Bill would create special license plates for Trail Blazers Updated: Jun-30-15 10:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Portland Trail Blazers fans may soon be able to display their love for the team on their license plates.
- Photographer files suit over 'Portland Oregon' sign fee Updated: Jun-30-15 9:56 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland photographer has asked a judge to strike down an ordinance that allows the city to charge companies a fee for using its iconic "Portland Oregon" sign perched above Old Town.
- Newcomers Henderson, Plumlee, Vonleh introduced by Blazers Updated: Jun-29-15 8:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - On the first day in his new NBA city, Gerald Henderson was asked Monday about his impressions of Portland. Before he was able to answer, Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey mentioned the city's recent naked bicycle race.
- Fatal shooting by police outside Portland supermarket Updated: Jun-29-15 8:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say a man in a grocery store parking lot brandished what appeared to be a gun and officers shot him to death. It turned out he had a starter's pistol.
- Sheriff: Man dies after Washington music festival Updated: Jun-29-15 8:13 pm
GEORGE, Washington - The Grant County sheriff's office says it has assigned a detective to investigate a 22-year-old Portland, Oregon, man's death after a music festival in Washington state over the weekend.
- Portland police: 1 man dead, 1 arrested in fatal stabbing Updated: Jun-29-15 7:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say one man has been found dead at the scene of a reported stabbing in the southeast part of the city. A second man has been taken into custody.
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 10:54 pm
- Fanendo Adi leads Timbers past Sounders, 4-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 10:38 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Heading into the final 15 minutes of the game, it shaping up to be an intense finish between Cascadia Cup rivals Portland and Seattle.
- Thousands missing from Clackamas property management firm Updated: Jun-28-15 4:43 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - State authorities have ousted the owner of a large Clackamas property management firm and are hunting for thousands of dollars in missing rents and deposits.
- 30-acre fire caused by sparks from passing freight train Updated: Jun-28-15 1:02 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Fire officials say sparks from a passing freight train caused a 30-acre grassland fire in Portland on Friday.
- Man missing after falling off jet ski into Columbia River Updated: Jun-27-15 7:37 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities say rescue crews have suspended the search in the Columbia River for a 25-year-old man who went missing after he and his partner fell off their jet ski into the water.
- Agriculture department investigating Portland bee die-off Updated: Jun-27-15 6:09 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The fifth mass bee death in Portland in the past several days has state investigators on the hunt for a cause.
- Portland fire chief announces burn ban Updated: Jun-27-15 12:17 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland fire officials have announced a burn ban, citing hot temperatures and windy conditions.
- Oregon's retirement-age population growing fast Updated: Jun-26-15 10:16 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The retirement-age boom is well underway in Oregon.
- Car carrying 3 plunges 40 feet down to Ore. river Updated: Jun-26-15 2:25 am
MOLALLA, Oregon - A Clackamas County sheriff's officer says three men have been pulled from a car that collided with another vehicle, then plunged down a 40-foot embankment to the Molalla River below.
- Blazers select forward Hollis-Jefferson, trade him Updated: Jun-26-15 2:05 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Trail Blazers continued a retooling of their roster Thursday night when they selected Arizona forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson with the 23rd pick of the NBA draft then sent him to Brooklyn as part of a four-player deal.
- Oregon man accused of killing parents, found in freezer Updated: Jun-25-15 4:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man was accused of killing his parents after their bodies were found in a freezer at their Oregon home by police who twice checked on them but were deterred by notes saying the family was away, authorities said Thursday.
- OHSU meets Nike co-founder's cancer research challenge Updated: Jun-25-15 12:07 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon Health & Science University officials said Thursday they have met the $500 million fundraising challenge issued by Nike co-founder Phil Knight and his wife, Penny.