- Francis begins peace pilgrimage to 3 African countries Updated: Nov-25-15 2:15 am
ROME - Pope Francis has begun a pilgrimage to three African nations.
- VP Biden adds stop in Rome, Italy to European trip Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is adding Rome, Italy to his European trip over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Report: FBI tips Italy to possible targets in Rome, Milan Updated: Nov-18-15 7:37 pm
ROME - The State Department is warning that St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, Milan's cathedral and La Scala opera house, as well as "general venues" like churches, synagogues, restaurants, theaters and hotels have been identified as "potential targets" in those two cities for terrorist attacks.
- Needing 'clean cash,' mobsters hungry for Rome's eateries Updated: Nov-16-15 6:56 am
ROME - Gianfranco Romeo sits at a table at his trattoria off the Pantheon, casting scorn over the idea that he's a frontman for a feared mafia clan.
- Fencing champion Bianchedi named Rome 2024 general director Updated: Nov-11-15 11:41 am
ROME - Two-time Olympic fencing gold medalist Diana Bianchedi is the new general director of Rome's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Roma shows off its title credentials as fans desert derby Updated: Nov-08-15 12:24 pm
ROME - Combining the power of Edin Dzeko with the speed of Gervinho and Mohamed Salah, Roma has the makings of a squad prepared to compete for its first title in 15 years.
- Corruption trial starts in Rome for 46 politicians, others Updated: Nov-05-15 11:19 am
ROME - An Italian court on Thursday began the trial of 46 politicians, businessmen and others in a still-expanding corruption probe investigating Rome's City Hall that has revealed a well-oiled system of alleged kickbacks, payoffs, and Mafia-style intimidation to gain control of millions of dollars of city contracts.
- Rome derby to be a damp squib in the stands as fans protest Updated: Nov-05-15 8:40 am
MILAN - Roma hosts Lazio in an eagerly-anticipated derby match, with both sides looking to keep up the pressure at the top of the Italian league, but it is matters off the pitch which could take center stage.
- Water flows once again at Rome's restored Trevi fountain Updated: Nov-03-15 2:31 pm
ROME - As hundreds of tourists and Romans took pictures, water began flowing once again at Rome's famed Trevi fountain after a 17-month, 2.2 million euro ($2.4 million) restoration.
- Milan security chief to sub for ousted mayor of Rome Updated: Oct-31-15 1:55 pm
ROME - Milan's top security official has been tapped to run Rome after the mayor was forced to step down by fellow party leaders worried he couldn't turn around the city, plagued by corruption and inadequate public services.
- Rome's mayor forced out a day after reclaiming seat Updated: Oct-30-15 3:24 pm
MILAN - Just a day after rescinding his resignation, Rome's embattled mayor was forced out of office Friday after the city council yanked its support.
- Pope gets signed cricket bat after Anglican-Vatican rematch Updated: Oct-29-15 1:08 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has received an unusual gift aimed at boosting relations between the Catholic and Anglican churches: A cricket bat signed by the Archbishop of Canterbury and his team following their recent rematch with the Vatican's XI on Rome's Campanelle grounds.