- Police: Man sexually assaulted 73-year-old woman at gunpoint Updated: Feb-09-16 4:03 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Police have arrested a 32-year-old Waterville man after they say he broke into the home of a 73-year-old woman and sexually assaulted her at gunpoint this past weekend.
- Colby College wins support for construction of downtown dorm Updated: Feb-06-16 9:18 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - Colby College's planned construction of a downtown dormitory for students, faculty and staff is poised for final approval by the City Council.
- Waterville officials vote to sell downtown land to Colby Updated: Feb-03-16 6:58 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - Waterville officials have voted to sell a downtown city-owned lot to Colby College so the school can build a dormitory there.
- Maine's Special Olympics concludes on Sugarloaf Mountain Updated: Feb-02-16 12:56 pm
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine - Events held as part of Maine's Special Olympics are winding down on the slopes of Sugarloaf Mountain as the 47th annual Winter Games comes to a close.
- Waterville man gets 12 years for drug trafficking Updated: Feb-02-16 4:34 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Waterville man who authorities said admitted to trafficking cocaine and heroin has been sentenced to 12 years behind bars.
- Girlfriend of inmate who died in jail in 2014 settles suit Updated: Jan-28-16 6:48 am
BANGOR, Maine - The girlfriend of an inmate who died after being pepper-sprayed at the Somerset County Jail has agreed to settle a negligence lawsuit that could pay her and the couple's son close to $2 million.
- Athens mobile home fire displaces family, woman hospitalized Updated: Jan-27-16 6:35 am
ATHENS, Maine - A fire that gutted a central Maine mobile home has left a family displaced and sent a woman to the hospital with burns to her hands.
- Bronx man sentenced for Waterville trafficking conspiracy Updated: Jan-26-16 6:58 am
BANGOR, Maine - A 35-year-old Bronx, New York man was sentenced to serve just over three years behind bars for his role in a large-scale trafficking ring that brought drugs into Waterville.
- Waterville man gets life sentence for murder of 92-year-old Updated: Jan-22-16 4:34 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A 46-year-old New Hampshire man has been sentenced to serve the rest of his life in prison for the fatal stabbing of a 92-year-old man as he slept in his bed.
- Maine council to consider selling city-owned land to college Updated: Jan-20-16 4:54 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - A Maine city council will consider letting its manager try to sell city-owned land to a college that wants to build a student dormitory there.
- Charges could be dropped in Waterville police standoff case Updated: Jan-20-16 7:20 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - A 58-year-old man responsible for causing an eight-hour armed standoff at the Waterville police station in December will not be charged if he provides proof that he's getting counseling.
- Colby College wants to build a dorm in downtown Waterville Updated: Jan-19-16 11:58 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Waterville and Colby College officials are considering a plan to build a dormitory in the heart of the city to help revitalize the downtown.
- LePage attending Martin Luther King Jr. event in Waterville Updated: Jan-18-16 8:50 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is attending the 25th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Breakfast in Waterville.
- Maine governor: Portland wage ordinance violates federal law Updated: Jan-15-16 4:25 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The administration for Gov. Paul LePage says Portland's minimum wage ordinance violates federal law.