- Police say Salem man stabbed during dispute over woman Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 am
SALEM, Oregon - Marion County sheriff's deputies arrested a 39-year-old Salem man accused of stabbing another man in the stomach.
- Oregon judge denies bail for Journey drummer accused of rape Updated: Jul-01-15 6:40 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Journey drummer Deen Castronovo was high on meth and hallucinating when he was arrested two weeks ago and accused of misdemeanor assault and menacing, his attorney said Wednesday during a bail hearing.
- Sheriff: Boy, 16, dies in N. Oregon coast fall Updated: Jun-29-15 9:43 pm
PACIFIC CITY, Oregon - An Oregon sheriff says a 16-year-old Salem boy died after falling off a steep cliff onto the rocks below at Cape Kiwanda on the north Oregon coast.
- Legislature looks to speed up traffic on highways Updated: Jun-29-15 9:29 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Slow-poke drivers in passing lanes on Oregon freeways would sometimes have to make way for motorists with heavier right feet under a bill approved Monday in the state Senate.
- Salem man drowns in Santiam River Updated: Jun-29-15 11:05 am
SALEM, Oregon - Divers recovered the body of a 56-year-old Salem man who drowned in the Santiam River.
- Ore. man, 24, accused of beheading mother's cat Updated: Jun-25-15 9:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Marion County sheriff's officer says a 24-year-old Salem, Oregon, man accused of beheading his mother's cat has been arrested.
- Teenage boy pulled from water at Gresham, Ore., park dies Updated: Jun-25-15 12:25 am
GRESHAM, Oregon - A sheriff's spokesman says a 13-year-old Port Angeles, Washington, boy pulled from the water at an Oregon park has died.
- Salem man charged with DUII, manslaughter Updated: Jun-24-15 1:14 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem man accused of causing a crash that killed a woman has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and driving under the influence.
- Oregon bill would boost penalty for invasion of privacy Updated: Jun-23-15 7:52 pm
SALEM, Oregon - As part of an ongoing push to strengthen the state's privacy laws, Oregon Senate lawmakers on Tuesday cleared a measure making it a felony to secretly record someone while they are nude and in a private area.
- Oregon shuts down magazine subscription business Updated: Jun-23-15 7:52 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A group of southern Oregon businesses have agreed to stop offering newspaper and magazine subscriptions and pay $3 million after the state attorney general filed a racketeering lawsuit against them.
- Sheriff: Teen pulled from water at Oregon park dies Updated: Jun-23-15 1:26 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Marion County sheriff's office says a 17-year-old boy pulled from the water at Salmon Falls Park east of Salem, Oregon, has died.
- 2 Oregon inmates thwarted in escape attempt Updated: Jun-22-15 3:23 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Corrections says two female inmates tried to escape Monday.
- Wife of man who died during Roseburg arrest files lawsuit Updated: Jun-22-15 2:50 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A woman whose husband died during an arrest two years ago has filed a federal lawsuit against two law enforcement agencies, alleging police used excessive force on a man who shouldn't have been on the streets in the first place.
- Salem mother convicted in drowning death of daughter, 3 Updated: Jun-20-15 4:35 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem woman charged in the drowning death of her 3-year-old daughter has been found guilty of manslaughter.
- Woman in dog-neglect case to serve 90 days in jail Updated: Jun-18-15 10:22 am
SALEM, Oregon - A woman who was the head of a dog rescue business will serve jail time after being arrested in 2013 when police seized more than 100 neglected dogs from her care.
- Salem teens gets 18 years for grocery store shooting Updated: Jun-17-15 2:15 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Two Salem teenagers accused of trying to kill three people in a grocery store parking lot have both been sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- Plan for state Capitol renovations on life support Updated: Jun-17-15 12:47 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A controversial plan to borrow $161 million for seismic and other upgrades to the state Capitol is on life support as legislative leaders hustle to finish Oregon's next budget.
- Skateboarder collides with SUV in Salem intersection Updated: Jun-14-15 6:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Salem Police Department says a 16-year-old skateboarder is in critical condition after he went through a red light and collided with an SUV in an intersection.
- Woman gets 13 years in fatal wrong-way Ore. crash on I-5 Updated: Jun-13-15 9:05 am
SALEM, Oregon - Marion County prosecutors in Salem, Oregon, say a 49-year-old woman has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for a fatal wrong-way crash last November on Interstate 5.
- Salem, Ore., police make arrest in injury drive-by shooting Updated: Jun-06-15 2:29 am
SALEM, Oregon - Police in Salem, Oregon, have arrested a 17-year-old youth in a drive-by shooting that wounded a man standing outside his residence and his 14-year-old son, who was inside asleep in his bed.
- Correction: Guns-Background Checks story Updated: Jun-05-15 8:02 pm
SALEM, Oregon - In a story June 2 about Oregon's new requirements for gun background checks, The Associated Press reported erroneously the effect of the existing state law on online firearms purchases. Gun purchasers are allowed to skip a background check if they purchase firearms online.
- Woman involved in 2014 animal neglect case back in custody Updated: Jun-05-15 3:14 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem woman indicted on 48 counts of animal neglect last year is back in police custody.
- Ore. man dies at park in eastern Marion County, no foul play Updated: Jun-03-15 10:20 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon State Police say a 62-year-old Detroit, Oregon, man found unconscious near a boat ramp at a lake park in eastern Marion County was declared dead a short time later.
- Spokeswoman: Sen. Alan Olsen had heart attack, will be OK Updated: Jun-02-15 7:08 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon state senator who was rushed to the hospital after a floor session sustained a heart attack but is expected to return to the Capitol next week.