- Salem man sentenced in cat poisoning case Updated: Oct-13-15 6:12 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem man has been sentenced to less than three weeks in jail after being convicted of poisoning nine cats with antifreeze.
- Woman found dead in Marion County identified Updated: Oct-13-15 6:11 am
SALEM, Oregon - Authorities have identified the woman found dead along a rural gravel road in Marion County.
- Oregon pot stores sell more than $11 million in first 5 days Updated: Oct-09-15 2:58 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Retailers sold more than $11 million of marijuana during Oregon's first week of legal recreational sales, outpacing the early business done in other states that have legalized pot, according to the Oregon Retailers of Cannabis Association.
- Man steals English bulldog puppy from woman at gunpoint Updated: Oct-02-15 5:13 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem woman says a man stole one of her 8 ½-week-old English bulldog puppies at gunpoint from inside her home.
- Salem police arrest man mistaken for identical twin brother Updated: Oct-01-15 5:43 am
SALEM, Oregon - While looking for a felon wanted on a parole violation, Salem police found and arrested his identical twin brother.
- 2 teens charged with attempted murder in shooting Updated: Sep-30-15 4:52 am
SALEM, Oregon - Two teens have been charged with attempted murder in connection to a suspected gang-related shooting on Sunday.
- Drivers from Taiwan get reprieve from driver's license test Updated: Sep-28-15 8:03 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregonians living in Taiwan will be able to get a driver's license without taking a driving test.
- Former college football player pleads guilty to manslaughter Updated: Sep-28-15 7:43 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A former Willamette University football player has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and a drug charge in connection with the killing of a 66-year-old man in Salem last year.
- Oregon man gets life in prison for killing his mother Updated: Sep-23-15 7:14 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon man will spend life in prison for killing his mother and attempting to kill his father.
- Nonprofits help homeless Salem man gain vision Updated: Sep-22-15 1:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Alexander Miller started wearing glasses when he was 3, but his vision loss was so severe that doctors told him he eventually would go blind.
- Critics of Cascade Locks bottled water plant aim for ballot Updated: Sep-21-15 6:59 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Critics of a plan to build a bottled water plant in Cascade Locks said Monday that they hope to take their case to the voters of Hood River County.
- Tuba-toting Duck completes Kilimanjaro quest Updated: Sep-19-15 6:15 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A University of Oregon classically trained tuba instrumentalist reached the peak of his singularity this summer.
- Governor declares drought emergency in Marion County Updated: Sep-18-15 3:15 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown has declared a drought emergency in Marion County.
- Sentence extended for notorious sex offender Updated: Sep-17-15 6:53 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A notorious sex offender has been sentenced to additional prison time.
- Missouri House roll call on right-to-work legislation Updated: Sep-17-15 12:36 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 96-63 roll call vote Wednesday to override Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto of a measure that would prohibit union contracts with employers that allow the collection of fees from nonmembers, sometimes called right to work. The bill was 13 votes short the two-thirds majority needed to override Nixon and enact right to work.
- Salem council approves early pot sales for anyone over 21 Updated: Sep-15-15 5:35 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Salem City Council has voted to permit anyone over the age of 21 to purchase recreational marijuana from existing medical marijuana dispensaries starting Oct. 1.
- Driver charged after incident at Woodburn auto show Updated: Sep-14-15 1:38 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A man who drew complaints for his behavior at a Woodburn auto show was jailed after police say he hit someone while behind the wheel of a white Mercedes.