- Oregon hiring 11 recreational marijuana inspectors Updated: Aug-28-15 5:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Liquor Control Commission is recruiting 11 marijuana compliance specialists in preparation for the Oct. 1 rollout of recreational marijuana.
- Police capture inmate accused of walking away from work crew Updated: Aug-27-15 5:02 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Corrections says police have captured an inmate who walked away from a prison work crew in Salem.
- Oregon to hold first hearing in years for dairy expansions Updated: Aug-27-15 5:31 am
SALEM, Oregon - State regulators will hold a public hearing on the proposed expansion of five dairies around Oregon after multiple requests from Salem vegan groups.
- Audit criticizes security at Oregon's state data center Updated: Aug-25-15 9:37 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon technology managers never resolved known security vulnerabilities at a state data warehouse that stores a trove of sensitive information about Oregonians, state auditors concluded in a report released Tuesday.
- Knute Buehler says he won't run for Oregon governor Updated: Aug-25-15 1:13 pm
SALEM, Oregon - State Rep. Knute Buehler says he won't run for Oregon governor.
- Salem neighborhood hit by break-ins, suspects teens Updated: Aug-22-15 4:26 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A group of Salem neighbors think a group of teens is to blame for at least three break-ins on their block.
- Man's charge upgraded to murder in Salem shooting Updated: Aug-21-15 10:23 am
SALEM, Oregon - A Salem man is now facing a murder charge in the death of a former Oregon National Guard soldier.
- Cylvia Hayes turns emails over to court Updated: Aug-19-15 5:22 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Former Gov. John Kitzhaber's fiancee, Cylvia Hayes, has turned over thousands of her emails to the Marion County Circuit Court.
- State Land Board approves selling Elliott State Forest Updated: Aug-13-15 8:07 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The State Land Board has approved selling the Elliott State Forest to a buyer who will agree to restrictive conditions: pay a fair market price, conserve older trees, protect threatened fish and wildlife, produce logs for local mills, and leave it open to the public.
- Man killed after being struck by Amtrak train in Salem Updated: Aug-07-15 12:40 am
SALEM, Oregon - Salem Police say a man was struck and killed by an Amtrak train on Thursday afternoon.
- Small fire at Salem prison; no injuries Updated: Aug-06-15 4:35 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon State Penitentiary in Salem canceled visiting hours Thursday morning after a small fire at a furniture factory within the maximum-security prison.
- July sets record for hottest temperatures in Salem Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - If you felt like July was even hotter than usual, you were right. The National Weather Service says last month was Salem's hottest July on record.
- Oregon bottle deposit hike likely as redemption falls Updated: Aug-01-15 3:05 pm
SALEM, Oregon - New state data show that Oregonians are returning fewer beverage bottles to redeem their 5-cent deposit, putting the state on track to double the deposit to 10 cents per bottle in 2017.
- Urban backyard chicken ordinance gets preliminary approval Updated: Jul-30-15 12:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An urban backyard chicken ordinance is moving forward in Marion County, south of Portland.