- Planners seek to transform border town into destination Updated: May-25-16 4:20 am
SANTA TERESA, New Mexico - Trucks race along a winding road in the arid New Mexico desert. As they travel through Santa Teresa, a border-crossing port of entry and unincorporated town, they pass millions of square feet of warehouses that store steel coil, wind turbine blades and specialty glass.
- Widow, witnesses take the stand in deputy's murder trial Updated: May-24-16 8:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Hotel guests staying at the same Las Cruces hotel where authorities say a Santa Fe County sheriff's deputy fatally shot a fellow officer took the stand Tuesday as prosecutors called on them to recount the night of the shooting more than a year ago.
- New Mexico man accused of killing uncle awaits extradition Updated: May-24-16 6:54 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A New Mexico man accused of fatally shooting his uncle has surrendered to Texas authorities and awaits extradition.
- Immigration cases deluge New Mexico federal courts Updated: May-21-16 11:49 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Criminal felony immigration cases in New Mexico's federal courts have ballooned in the last five years, according to a recent research study on U.S. courts.
- Las Cruces man accused of threatening his mother with knife Updated: May-18-16 4:11 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Police in Las Cruces say they've arrested a 20-year-old man suspected of brandishing a kitchen knife and threatening his mother with it.
- Judge rejects sheriff's suit against commissioners Updated: May-17-16 1:48 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit brought by Dona Ana County Sheriff Enrique "Kiki" Vigil against two county commissioners over claims that they tried to curtail his right to free speech.
- County, shelter official settle lawsuit for $90,000 Updated: May-15-16 3:08 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A top animal shelter official's lawsuit against the DoÃ±a Ana County Sheriff's Office is settled for $90,000.
- New Mexico jail inmate at large after escaping from clinic Updated: May-12-16 5:32 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities in southern New Mexico searched Thursday for a jail inmate who escaped from a medical clinic after he was accused of kidnapping a driver by gunpoint in Texas and twice leading police on car chases.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser Updated: May-11-16 12:25 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico State basketball coach Paul Weir has added former Aggie and Illinois basketball coach Lou Henson as a special adviser.
- Court translates for more indigenous defendants Updated: May-11-16 2:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Francisca Lares Ralios, chained at the ankle and wrist, shuffled up to the podium in federal court.
- New Mexico State University considers faculty furloughs Updated: May-10-16 1:43 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico State University may furlough faculty members to help trim $10.7 million from the budget.
- Southern New Mexico officials eye tougher laws on 'spice' Updated: May-10-16 10:35 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Officials in southern New Mexico want tougher laws to combat the synthetic drug knowns as spice.
- Las Cruces couple is indicted on 14 counts of child abuse Updated: May-06-16 6:04 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say a Las Cruces couple has been indicted on 14 counts of child abuse.
- Dona Ana County to reopen juvenile detention center Updated: May-06-16 1:33 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The Dona Ana County Juvenile Detention Center is set to reopen after about a year of sitting empty.
- 3 allegedly attack another teen in Dona Ana Detention Center Updated: May-04-16 6:54 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The Dona Ana County Sheriff's Department is investigating an assault involving three detainees in the juvenile section of the county Detention Center.
- The Latest: New Mexico bishops attack anti-child abuse push Updated: May-02-16 5:40 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a New Mexico campaign aimed at tackling child abuse (all times local):
- Mesilla eatery gives old art new lease on life Updated: Apr-30-16 11:07 am
MESILLA, New Mexico - C.W. "Buddy" Ritter recently discovered a fleet of ships, a flock of birds, a dog, and several sheep he didn't know he had. And before Damon LaGarry is finished, there will likely be several more surprises turning up in the halls and dining rooms of Ritter's Double Eagle and Peppers restaurants on the Mesilla Plaza.
- Las Cruces man pleads guilty to murder in girlfriend's death Updated: Apr-29-16 5:43 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Las Cruces man accused of fatally stabbing and beating his girlfriend is facing life in prison after pleading guilty to first-degree murder.
- Las Cruces police investigating an apparent murder-suicide Updated: Apr-28-16 7:37 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Police say they're investigating what appears to be a murder-suicide involving an elderly couple at their Las Cruces home.
- Las Cruces couple is accused of 15 counts of child abuse Updated: Apr-28-16 6:55 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say a Las Cruces couple has been arrested and accused of 15 counts of child abuse.
- Weir named new men's basketball coach at New Mexico State Updated: Apr-26-16 7:20 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico State has announced the hiring of Paul Weir as the men's basketball head coach.
- Arizona man gets prison in New Mexico meth trafficking case Updated: Apr-26-16 6:22 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - An Arizona man has been sentenced to a decade in federal prison for drug trafficking in New Mexico.