- Man pleads guilty to 2015 rape at Las Cruces senior center Updated: Feb-09-16 4:07 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A man has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman with multiple sclerosis at a senior living center in Las Cruces last year.
- Nation's only unsalaried legislature is well compensated Updated: Feb-08-16 8:08 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico lawmakers were paid a combined $2.3 million last year for expenses, travel and other costs in what marked a 25 percent increase over the previous comparable legislative session.
- Compensation in 2015 for New Mexico lawmakers Updated: Feb-08-16 7:27 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Here is a list of the compensation received by New Mexico legislators in 2015, according to Department of Finance and Administration records. Lawmakers receive payments for daily expenses, mileage and travel to out-of-state legislative conferences. They are not paid an annual salary.
- Ex-Las Cruces school janitor pleads guilty to child porn Updated: Feb-08-16 6:07 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former janitor at a Las Cruces elementary school has pleaded guilty to a federal child pornography charge.
- Report: Expand mental health capacity in southern New Mexico Updated: Feb-08-16 9:13 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A new report recommends adding 30 new hospital beds in southern New Mexico for adults with severe mental illness.
- Siakam powers New Mexico State past Utah Valley, 98-74 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:43 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Pascal Siakam scored 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as New Mexico State romped past Utah Valley, 98-74 on Saturday night to remain in first-place in the Western Athletic Conference.
- Siakam leads New Mexico State to 70-50 win over Grand Canyon Updated: Feb-04-16 11:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Pascal Siakam had 17 points and 16 rebounds and New Mexico State beat Grand Canyon 70-50 on Thursday night for its sixth straight win in a showdown for first place in the Western Athletic Conference.
- Sheriff's Office: Man sought in 2014 fatal stabbing Updated: Feb-04-16 12:37 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Dona Ana County authorities have obtained a warrant to arrest a man in the 2014 fatal stabbing in the Las Cruces area.
- Narcotics investigation leads to 26 arrests in New Mexico Updated: Feb-03-16 5:00 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - State police say a three-month narcotics investigation in the Las Cruces area has netted more than two dozen arrests.
- State police: 26 Las Cruces residents charged in drug probe Updated: Feb-02-16 2:17 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Authorities say 26 Las Cruces residents face drug and other charges as a result of a multi-agency investigation into narcotics trafficking in Dona Ana County.
- Las Cruces district allegedly violated open meetings act Updated: Jan-27-16 5:01 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Public Education Department has sent the Las Cruces school district a letter about alleged violations of the state's open meetings act.
- County treasurer faces sexual harassment lawsuit Updated: Jan-25-16 2:20 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Dona Ana County employee has filed a lawsuit against Treasurer David Gutierrez over allegations of sexual harassment.
- Arizona man sentenced to prison in New Mexico drug case Updated: Jan-20-16 2:47 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A 48-year-old Arizona man has been sentenced to nearly 22 years in prison on federal convictions in New Mexico on methamphetamine and firearms charges stemming from a drug trafficking organization that prosecutors said he led.
- Pima County approves $15 million incentive for space company Updated: Jan-19-16 5:58 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The Pima County Board of Supervisors has approved a $15 million incentives package to bring a balloon spaceflight company to the Tucson area.
- New Mexico State rolls to 80-62 win over Chicago State Updated: Jan-16-16 11:35 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Pascal Siakam had 21 points and 13 rebounds to help New Mexico State roll to an 80-62 victory over Chicago State on Saturday night for its 30th straight conference win at home.
- Deming man pleads guilty to damaging archaeological resource Updated: Jan-15-16 5:59 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A Deming man accused of digging on federal land in New Mexico and damaging an archaeological resource has changed his plea to guilty.
- New Mexico medical college to open border health institute Updated: Jan-15-16 10:45 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico's first private medical college will include a think tank focused on health at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- New Mexico State hangs on, beats UMKC 65-64 Updated: Jan-15-16 12:23 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Pascal Siakam scored 10 points and blocked four shots - including a crucial block late in the game - as New Mexico State held on to beat Missouri-Kansas City 65-64 on Thursday night despite not scoring in the final 1:40.
- Former Texas judge found guilty of embezzlement Updated: Jan-14-16 2:33 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A former El Paso County, Texas, judge has been found guilty of embezzlement in New Mexico.
- Could Mt. Cristo Rey start New Mexico trail? Updated: Jan-13-16 10:07 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - An El Paso museum group pitched an idea in the first week of the year to a state commission that met in Las Cruces: An in-the-works Rio Grande hiking trail could start at the foot of Mount Cristo Rey in Sunland Park.
- US-Mexico border preparing for pope's Ciudad Juarez visit Updated: Jan-12-16 8:19 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Cities on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border are preparing for Pope Francis' visit to the Mexican city of Juarez as Roman Catholic Church officials caution would-be visitors about scams.