- Man charged in 2015 fatal shooting of 2 men in Columbia Updated: May-27-16 1:33 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 25-year-old man has been charged in the September shooting deaths of two men in Columbia.
- University of Missouri System launches diversity audit Updated: May-25-16 1:15 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri System has announced that it will conduct an audit of diversity and inclusion policies and procedures.
- Columbia seeks to decrease solar energy cost in new program Updated: May-24-16 3:35 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia is set to become one of the first communities in the country to join a program seeking to decrease the cost of soaking up solar energy.
- Professors group faults firing of Missouri professor Updated: May-19-16 12:36 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An investigation by a national professors group has found that the University of Missouri Board of Curator likely bowed to political pressure when it fired an assistant professor over her role last year in a race-related student protest.
- University of Missouri makes new pitch to fill dorms Updated: May-18-16 6:19 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri hopes offering convenience and flexibility to would-be dormitory residents lures them away from apartments or other private housing amid enrollment declines.
- UM freezes in-state undergrad tuition; ups costs for others Updated: May-18-16 12:23 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri System governing board is freezing tuition for in-state undergraduates but hiking it for other students.
- University of Missouri reviews rule for campout protests Updated: May-17-16 4:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A recent review of how the University of Missouri regulates free speech and the use of public grounds says the campus is considering enforcing a 67-year-old rule that prohibits overnight camping.
- Columbia puts temporary freeze on some multifamily housing Updated: May-17-16 8:56 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia is putting a temporary halt to new permits for some multifamily housing projects in the college town.
- University of Missouri may lose $36M due to enrollment drop Updated: May-12-16 4:40 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Enrollment at the University of Missouri is expected to decline by 2,600 students in the fall, causing tuition revenue to drop by more than $36 million.
- Missouri hospital proposes $21 million psychiatric facility Updated: May-11-16 3:35 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Missouri hospital that helped quash a competing effort to build a psychiatric hospital two months ago has proposed a $21 million facility to fill the necessity for more inpatient psychiatric services.
- Missouri hires Ofodile as recruiting coordinator Updated: May-09-16 8:30 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri has hired A.J. Ofodile, a former tight end with the Tigers, as director of recruiting operations.
- Missouri monument at Vicksburg to be fixed with federal cash Updated: May-09-16 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The federal government is picking up the tab to repair a monument to Missouri's Civil War troops at the Vicksburg National Military Park.
- Crews extinguish fire at University of Missouri fraternity Updated: May-09-16 9:14 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Crews have extinguished a fire in a bedroom at a fraternity at the University of Missouri.
- University of Missouri softball team protests probe Updated: May-07-16 3:54 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri's softball players say they're playing in protest of an internal investigation they say focuses on the program and its coaches.
- Man gets life term for Missouri killing, other felonies Updated: May-07-16 1:50 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A north-central Missouri man has been sentenced to life in prison after admitting his role in killing a 92-year-old woman during a 2013 crime spree.
- Police: 2 suspects in Omaha shooting arrested in Missouri Updated: May-07-16 1:56 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two suspects wanted in connection to a fatal shooting of two men outside a motorcycle club in northeast Omaha, Nebraska, have been arrested in Missouri.
- Police: Report of shots fired at University of Missouri Updated: May-07-16 1:03 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri police are seeking a suspect after two shots were fired on the campus in Columbia, Missouri.
- Jewish group faults Missouri school's anti-Semitism response Updated: May-05-16 4:46 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The University of Missouri downplayed incidents of anti-Semitism while publicly condemning bigotry against racial minorities during protests last year, a Jewish human rights group told the university system's top administrator.
- University of Missouri System leader's job description OK'd Updated: May-05-16 4:30 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A new job description for the next University of Missouri System president says that whoever enters the position will be expected to create a vision for the system, assemble a leadership team and lead a statewide conversation about diversity inclusion, equity and respect.
- New grain storage facility planned in northwest Missouri Updated: May-05-16 3:43 pm
HAMILTON, Missouri - A grain-handling operation is being planned in Caldwell County.
- Missouri to form new orthopedic research center Updated: May-05-16 2:43 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri will use a $3 million gift to fund a new regenerative orthopedic research center.
- University of Missouri projects low freshman enrollment Updated: May-04-16 3:22 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri will have the smallest class of new students this fall since 2006, according to recent projections that show the loss of new enrollments could be 50 percent or higher than previous predictions.
- Columbia considers freeze on some student housing permits Updated: May-02-16 1:45 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia is considering putting a freeze on new permits for student housing construction until December.
- Missouri man arrested by highway patrol dies at hospital Updated: May-02-16 9:46 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Authorities suspect that a central Missouri man who became sick and died after he was arrested had ingested methamphetamine.
- University of Missouri diversity chief returns to law school Updated: May-01-16 11:58 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An interim diversity officer at the University of Missouri will be returning to the university's School of Law in the fall.