- Hanaway urges stricter penalty for sale of fetal organs Updated: Jul-28-15 7:32 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Republican candidate for Missouri governor Catherine Hanaway during an anti-abortion rally Tuesday said the penalty for selling aborted fetus remains should be a felony, not a misdemeanor.
- Nixon calls for ethics law changes after 2 lawmakers resign Updated: Jul-28-15 6:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri's Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon said Tuesday that state ethics laws need to be revamped in light of accusations that led to the resignations of two state lawmakers this year.
- Extension Service says wheat disease hurting Missouri crops Updated: Jul-28-15 5:06 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri Extension Service says continued wet weather has led to serious problems in the state's wheat fields.
- 6 University of Missouri students confirmed with mumps Updated: Jul-28-15 5:06 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Lab results have confirmed that six University of Missouri students came down with the mumps, while a seventh suspected case came back negative.
- Columbia tests bench that charges electronic devices Updated: Jul-27-15 5:04 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia is offering the public an unusual way to charge their electronic devices.
- University of Missouri loses library science accreditation Updated: Jul-26-15 3:19 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri officials will appeal a loss of accreditation for the school's master's program in library science.
- Bond to remain at $5 million for Columbia businessman Updated: Jul-26-15 2:46 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Columbia businessman charged with hiring a man to set a fire will remain in jail on a $5 million cash-only bond.
- Missouri lawmaker's aide accused of choking woman Updated: Jul-24-15 12:37 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker's legislative aide was charged with domestic assault this week after a woman claimed he placed a chemical-smelling rag to her nose and mouth, then choked her until she lost consciousness.
- Columbia clinic to resume providing abortions in August Updated: Jul-19-15 7:17 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Planned Parenthood has announced that a Columbia clinic plans to resume providing abortions in August after hiring a new physician.
- Authorities say child shot in the arm in Boone County Updated: Jul-19-15 2:35 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Police say a child has been shot in the arm and taken to a Columbia hospital
- Gill-Caesar to transfer from Missouri Updated: Jul-15-15 4:54 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri forward Montaque Gill-Caesar is transferring after an injury-interrupted freshman season.
- Sheriff's office says inmate tried to escape through ceiling Updated: Jul-10-15 9:23 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 20-year-old Columbia man is accused of trying to escape from the Boone County jail by climbing through the ceiling.
- Company seeks tax break for $114 million expansion project Updated: Jul-09-15 8:25 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Kraft Foods is asking for a 75 percent property tax break on a planned $114 million expansion that will result in a cut of about 150 jobs at its Columbia plant.
- University of Missouri Press moving back to campus Updated: Jul-08-15 5:20 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri Press is moving back to campus after 25 years in southeast Columbia.
- Columbia man accused of attacking girlfriend with banister Updated: Jul-07-15 11:59 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Columbia man has been arrested on suspicion of choking and hitting girlfriend with a wooden banister.
- Missouri plans for Vicksburg monument fixes raises questions Updated: Jul-06-15 12:20 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Money set aside by Missouri lawmakers could mean repairs to cracked stone and broken bronze on the first state Civil War Memorial dedicated to soldiers of both armies, but state officials have raised concerns about the funding.
- Police look for man who groped woman on Missouri trail Updated: Jul-06-15 4:09 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Police are looking for a man accused of groping a woman and exposing himself on the Hinkson Creek Trail in Columbia.