- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:54 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri coach Kim Anderson hasn't decided whether to lift suspensions of Jakeenan Gant and Russell Woods, who have been benched for one game after being cited for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Banking firm settles with state over failed Missouri plant Updated: Feb-08-16 5:07 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An investment banker will pay $850,000 as the last settlement involving lawsuits over bonding for a failed Missouri sweetener factory, Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander announced Monday.
- Documentary to air about conviction in sports editor's death Updated: Feb-08-16 11:54 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A documentary has begun showing about a man whose conviction in a Columbia sports editor's death was overturned after he served nearly a decade behind bars.
- Black students seek swifter race reforms at Missouri Updated: Feb-05-16 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri students pointedly pressed the system's governing board Friday for faster diversity reforms at the Columbia campus, which is still grappling with racial unrest three months since protests led to departures of two top administrators.
- Missouri presidential search committee members expanded Updated: Feb-05-16 11:44 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The search committee for a new University of Missouri system president will include two students, two faculty members and a staff member.
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:07 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Marjorie Butler led a balanced attack with 16 points and Georgia used a late 12-0 run to defeat No. 21 Missouri 65-50 on Thursday night.
- Missouri graduate students pass employee status resolution Updated: Feb-04-16 5:35 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri's Graduate Professional Council has passed a resolution affirming graduate students' status as university employees.
- Moody gets 23 in Mississippi's 76-73 win over Missouri Updated: Feb-04-16 12:18 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri made Stefan Moody work for his points. Not quite hard enough, as it turned out.
- Missouri adds Jackie Shipp as defensive line coach Updated: Feb-03-16 8:50 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - New Missouri coach Barry Odom filled an unexpected vacancy by hiring Jackie Shipp to coach the defensive line.
- Group urges reinstatement of suspended Missouri professor Updated: Feb-03-16 11:27 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A national association is calling for the reinstatement of a suspended University of Missouri assistant professor who was involved in a run-in with two student journalists during campus protests.
- University of Missouri system's credit outlook is lowered Updated: Feb-02-16 5:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A leading bond-rating company on Monday announced it's downgrading the outlook of the University of Missouri system's credit rating, noting the departures of two top administrators amid student protests over racial issues last year on the Columbia campus.
- Sinquefields give $2M to University of Missouri music effort Updated: Feb-02-16 10:40 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Conservative donor Rex Sinquefield and his wife have donated $2 million to the University of Missouri to support a music initiative.
- Missouri dismisses QB Maty Mauk after series of missteps Updated: Jan-28-16 3:20 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri dismissed quarterback Maty Mauk from the football program Thursday after a series of missteps that included three suspensions over the past four months.
- University of Missouri will raise stipends for some students Updated: Jan-28-16 8:34 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri plans to raise its minimum stipend for some graduate doctoral students on July 1.
- University of Missouri suspends professor in assault case Updated: Jan-27-16 11:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The University of Missouri on Wednesday suspended an assistant professor who is charged with assault in a campus run-in with student journalists during protests in November.
- The Latest: University of Missouri professor suspended Updated: Jan-27-16 10:28 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The Latest on turmoil at the University of Missouri's Columbia campus (all times local):
- University of Missouri threat suspect pleads not guilty Updated: Jan-27-16 7:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 20-year-old man accused of making online threats against black students and faculty at the University of Missouri's Columbia campus has pleaded not guilty plea.
- Missouri educator pleads not guilty in assault case Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An assistant professor at the University of Missouri has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from a campus run-in with student journalists during protests in November.
- Missouri suspends QB Maty Mauk indefinitely Updated: Jan-26-16 1:22 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk has been suspended indefinitely.
- Latest: Missouri senators react to charges against educator Updated: Jan-25-16 7:56 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The latest on an assistant University of Missouri professor being charged with misdemeanor assault in connection with a run-in with student journalists during campus protests (all times local):
- Stock lifts No. 23 Missouri women over No. 22 Florida 79-63 Updated: Jan-24-16 4:31 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Morgan Stock came off the bench to hit 7 of 9 shots, including four 3-pointers, and scored 18 points, to lead No. 23 Missouri to a 79-64 win over No. 22 Florida on Sunday.
- Missouri defensive tackle suspended after marijuana arrest Updated: Jan-22-16 7:46 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri freshman defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. is suspended indefinitely from the team after he was arrested and cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana.
- Mizzou keeps ex-coach Pinkel as fundraiser, ambassador Updated: Jan-21-16 4:46 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Former University of Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel will remain at the university as a fundraiser and ambassador, earning nearly $1 million over the length of a three-year contract, the university announced Thursday.
- Missouri DT Beckner indefinitely suspended after pot arrest Updated: Jan-21-16 3:39 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. has been indefinitely suspended after a marijuana possession arrest.
- Maten, Georgia hold off Missouri 60-57 Updated: Jan-20-16 11:14 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Georgia beat Missouri for the second time in two weeks, but it certainly wasn't deja vu on Wednesday night as the Bulldogs struggled to hold off the Tigers 60-57.