- Philippines delegation to visit Virginia Beach Updated: Jun-26-15 3:38 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A delegation of business, government and education leaders from the Philippines will visit Virginia Beach in July.
- Police: Woman charged, driving bus under influence of drugs Updated: Jun-24-15 6:49 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Authorities say a private school bus driver was under the influence of drugs while transporting children.
- Treasurer picks fight with council over light-rail extension Updated: Jun-23-15 1:13 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The elected treasurer of Virginia Beach has picked a highly public political fight with the elected City Council over a proposed 3-mile light-rail extension to Town Center.
- Schools take action to attract students to education careers Updated: Jun-21-15 10:10 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - For years, education groups have warned that lagging pay for teachers in Virginia and other states could lead to fewer people entering the field. Now they have evidence to back up their fears.
- Uber sued for millions after assault of teenage girl Updated: Jun-18-15 6:07 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Ride-sharing provider Uber faces a $2 million lawsuit after authorities say a driver assaulted a teenager in Virginia Beach.
- After attacks, town considers shark fishing ban Updated: Jun-17-15 5:43 pm
OAK ISLAND, North Carolina - The shark attack on a girl about 100 yards from a pier has prompted this town to consider at least a temporary ban on shark fishing, a move already undertaken by several cities along the East Coast.
- Police say dog killed after charging at Va. Beach officer Updated: Jun-15-15 6:34 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach police say an officer shot and killed a dog after it charged at him.
- Arrest made in death of missing Chesapeake woman Updated: Jun-10-15 11:47 am
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Police have charged a Virginia Beach man in the death of a Chesapeake woman whose remains were found in trash bags several weeks after she was reported missing.
- Audit finds widespread problems at child services center Updated: Jun-10-15 3:04 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Officials say a city audit has found widespread problems at a Virginia Beach center for children with behavioral and emotional issues that closed in March.
- Va. woman pleads guilty to stealing packages from porches Updated: Jun-09-15 6:37 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Virginia Beach woman has pleaded guilty to stealing more than 100 packages from front porches around the city.
- Va. Beach updates disclosure form to include more details Updated: Jun-07-15 12:43 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - In an effort to better avoid conflicts of interest, Virginia Beach has revamped a disclosure form used to shed light on transactions involving developers, bankers and contractors.
- Establishment Republicans feel momentum on their side Updated: Jun-06-15 5:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Last year, tea party Virginians were livid with Virginia Beach Republican state Sen. Frank Wagner.
- 125k pounds of litter removed from Va. shoreline Updated: Jun-06-15 3:25 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Chesapeake Bay Foundation says about 125,000 pounds of litter have been removed from Virginia's shorelines during a one-day volunteer event.
- Police forces across the nation reaching out to Chesapeake Updated: Jun-06-15 9:53 am
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Look up an article on police body cameras or tune into a recent broadcast about them, and there's a good chance you'll encounter a familiar name: Police Chief Kelvin Wright.
- 3 hurt when van crashes, catches fire in Virginia Beach Updated: Jun-05-15 10:56 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Authorities in Virginia Beach say three people have been injured after a van crashed at an intersection, then careened into the side of a McDonald's drive-thru and caught fire.
- Va. Beach lawmaker's defamation suit settled out of court Updated: Jun-05-15 3:05 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Virginia lawmaker's $5 million defamation lawsuit against his 2013 Republican primary opponent has been settled out of court.
- Rapper Pusha T denied entry to nightclub, claims racism Updated: Jun-04-15 4:19 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Hip-hop artist Pusha T took to social media to say he was denied entry into a Virginia Beach nightclub because he's black, leading to widespread outrage on the Internet that the club's attorney said Thursday is unwarranted because the allegations are untrue and that the rapper is just seeking attention.
- $20,000 reward offered for information on dog set on fire Updated: Jun-04-15 8:23 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A private group is offering a $20,000 reward for anyone with information about the killing of a dog that was found at the scene of a brush fire with its legs bound.
- Rapper denied entry to nightclub, claims racism Updated: Jun-04-15 5:28 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A series of Instagram and Twitter posts by hip hop recording artist Pusha T started a social media firestorm over a sports bar and nightclub in Virginia Beach.
- Deadline Wednesday to volunteer for 'Clean the Bay Day' Updated: Jun-03-15 3:19 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A deadline is looming for the annual Clean the Bay Day sponsored by the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- Virginia Beach police say dog bound, burned alive Updated: Jun-01-15 5:28 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach police say a dog died after its front and back legs were bound together and it was set on fire.
- Va. state trooper injured in construction zone accident Updated: Jun-01-15 9:35 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a Virginia Beach man has been charged after a trooper's parked vehicle was struck in a construction zone.
- LifeNet Health to add about 160 jobs in Virginia Beach Updated: Jun-01-15 2:08 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A nonprofit that provides tissue grafts and organ donation services plans to add about 160 jobs in Virginia Beach.