- Egypt deports French journalist amid crackdown on the media Updated: May-25-16 9:09 am
CAIRO - Egypt deported a French journalist without explanation on Wednesday, the reporter and his newspaper said, the latest move in an ongoing crackdown by President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi's government on freedom of expression and the media.
- Kerry says he will attend Mideast peace meeting in France Updated: May-19-16 12:48 pm
BRUSSELS - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Thursday he will attend an upcoming French-hosted meeting of foreign ministers aimed at restarting Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
- Correction: Armenia-Azerbaijan story Updated: May-18-16 3:01 pm
VIENNA - In a story May 17 about the conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabakh region, The Associated Press incorrectly reported the size of Nagorno-Karabakh. The region is 4,400 square kilometers (1,700 square miles), not 12,000 square kilometers (4,400 square miles).
- Kerry arrives in Paris for Syria talks Updated: May-09-16 6:40 am
PARIS - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has arrived in Paris for talks on the conflict in Syria and will be meeting with French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault.
- AP sources: US getting tougher with Israel over settlements Updated: May-07-16 2:57 am
WASHINGTON - The United States will endorse a tougher tone with Israel in an upcoming international report that takes the Jewish state to task over settlements, demolitions and property seizures on land the Palestinians claim for a future state, diplomats told The Associated Press.