- Defense helps US team to the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-01-15 10:13 pm
MONTREAL - It used to be that the U.S. women's national team was known more for its fierce attack. For the Women's World Cup in Canada, the Americans are finding success with a locked-down defense.
- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
MONTREAL - Julie Johnston thought she had blown it.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.
- Wambach's goal gives US a 1-0 win over Nigeria Updated: Jun-17-15 12:48 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Abby Wambach is used to scoring with her head. She's not sure how she got her latest goal.
- Leroux won't likely be booed this time Updated: Jun-16-15 4:41 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - U.S. forward Sydney Leroux was born in Canada and grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver. But because her father is American, at 14 she moved to Arizona in hopes of playing for the U.S. team.
- Solo poses dilemma for US Soccer Updated: Jun-14-15 7:12 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Once one of the prominent faces of the U.S. women's team, promoted alongside stars like Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach, Hope Solo is now largely relegated to the background while she faces continued scrutiny over a domestic assault case last year.
- US soccer defends Hope Solo decisions in letter to senator Updated: Jun-13-15 1:05 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - The head of U.S. Soccer defended the federation's handling of goalkeeper Hope Solo's domestic assault case in a letter to U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal on Friday night.
- US and Sweden play to 0-0 group-stage draw Updated: Jun-12-15 11:42 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Meghan Klingenberg - not Hope Solo - made the biggest save of the night for the United States.
- US ignoring former coach Pia Sundhage's comments Updated: Jun-10-15 8:30 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - The U.S. national team is dismissing critical comments that former coach Pia Sundhage made about some of the team's players.
- Rapinoe scores twice as US beats Australia 3-1 in opener Updated: Jun-09-15 2:22 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - For her second goal of the night against Australia, U.S. midfielder Megan Rapinoe channeled Lionel Messi.