- Rubio's presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials Updated: Oct-08-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Voters are beginning to learn about Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.
- Jay Leno revisits 'Tonight' for monologue Updated: Oct-07-15 11:38 am
NEW YORK - For a few minutes, it felt like old times back on NBC's "Tonight" show on Tuesday night. Jay Leno was telling jokes.
- Rubio criticizes government regulation of on-demand economy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio vowed Tuesday to cap the number of regulations government can impose on businesses, particularly "on-demand" startups like Uber and Airbnb that he considers models for a changing national economy.
- Leaders who follow: What candidates' Twitter lists reveal Updated: Oct-05-15 2:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Jeb Bush follows Donald Trump on Twitter but that's a one-way street: Trump mainly follows people with a connection to himself. Ted Cruz's follow list is a big tea party, though he keeps an eye on President Barack Obama, too.
- Familiar, divisive social issues on Supreme Court agenda Updated: Oct-05-15 2:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's new term began Monday with no cross words between the justices, although a steady stream of divisive social issues awaits them in the coming months.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- Bush with S. Carolina prosecutor for constitutional chat Updated: Oct-02-15 6:13 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush is returning to South Carolina for a constitutional conversation.
- Trump and Carson's attacks on Muslims worry some GOP elders Updated: Oct-02-15 1:11 am
WASHINGTON - The candidates atop the GOP presidential field are ramping up political attacks aimed at Muslims, a move designed to appeal to hardline conservatives. But party elders worry that escalating anti-immigrant rhetoric could cost Republicans the White House in 2016.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Clinton campaign starts more Nevada Latino outreach efforts Updated: Oct-01-15 5:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is announcing more initiatives focused on getting Nevada Hispanics on board with her campaign.
- Trump, Rubio, Bush among candidates going to state GOP event Updated: Oct-01-15 12:27 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Donald Trump, former Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio are among at least six presidential candidates that will attend a summit hosted by the Republican Party of Florida.
- Bush says NFL's Washington Redskins name not offensive Updated: Sep-30-15 6:43 pm
MIAMI - Delving into a decades-long controversy, Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said the name of the Washington Redskins football team is not offensive to Native Americans.
- Field for SC's Republican presidential primary set at 15 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party officials say 15 candidates have paid the $40,000 fee to be on the state GOP presidential primary ballot next year.
- President Bush '41' visits his Massachusetts prep school Updated: Sep-30-15 5:12 pm
ANDOVER, Massachusetts - Students at Phillips Academy received a surprise visit from a distinguished alumnus - former President George H.W. Bush.
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- In New Hampshire, substance abuse at center of 2016 campaign Updated: Sep-30-15 3:29 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - In town halls and meet-and-greets in Iowa and New Hampshire, voters are using their access to presidential hopefuls to raise painful and often deeply personal concerns about drug abuse.
- Cruz announces endorsements of 41 Texas state lawmakers Updated: Sep-30-15 1:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Home-state presidential hopeful and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says he's secured endorsements from 36 Republican Texas state representatives and five state senators.
- Bush, Trump, Carson to campaign around New Hampshire Updated: Sep-30-15 4:03 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Three GOP White House hopefuls with very different political ideas are heading to New Hampshire.
- GOP field: Tax cuts for all, don't worry about consequences Updated: Sep-30-15 3:30 am
DENVER - Republicans came into this presidential campaign with painful memories of how, in the last one, Democrats blasted Mitt Romney's tax plan as a giveaway to the rich. They've heard a new wing of conservative intellectuals urge them to focus on tax cuts to working-class Americans rather than the wealthy.
- Economists question Bush's prescription for lower gas prices Updated: Sep-29-15 9:41 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The link between ending a 40-year oil export ban and lower prices at the gas pump is not as direct as Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush would have voters believe in his new energy proposal, industry economists said Tuesday.
- Oklahoma attorney general takes role in Bush campaign Updated: Sep-29-15 10:54 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush says Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt will serve in a national role for his campaign in 2016.
- Republican front-runner Trump proposes tax cuts for all Updated: Sep-28-15 6:21 pm
NEW YORK - After weeks of vowing to raise taxes on "hedge fund guys" and high-income earners, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump unveiled a tax plan Monday that would cut rates across the board and reduce the amount paid by wealthiest Americans and corporations into the U.S. Treasury.
- GOP presidential contender Cruz to campaign in Kalamazoo Updated: Sep-28-15 6:10 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Ted Cruz will campaign in Michigan next week.
- Republican megadonor urges talk on climate change solutions Updated: Sep-28-15 3:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican businessman Jay Faison says his party should stop fighting science and start talking solutions to climate change. He has $175 million to invest in politics and policy to help inspire them. And if that's not enough, he's commissioned a survey, released Monday, that he says shows voters agree.
- Former President Bush campaigning for brother in Arkansas Updated: Sep-28-15 12:25 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former President George W. Bush is campaigning in northwest Arkansas to help his brother Jeb's White House bid.