- High stakes for Bush, Rubio in Florida presidential primary Updated: Jun-02-15 3:57 pm
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Some of the leading Republican presidential prospects faced off at an event Tuesday in battleground Florida, a state that could prove pivotal to the Florida heavyweights seeking the nomination, not to mention any rival who manages to win here instead.
- THE LATEST: GOP presidential candidates gather in Florida Updated: Jun-02-15 9:26 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The latest from an "economic summit" hosted by Florida Gov. Rick Scott, where several of the leading Republican candidates, and expected candidates, for president are speaking Tuesday:
- GOP presidential candidates in Florida for economic summit Updated: Jun-02-15 3:05 am
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Six Republican presidential candidates or potential candidates will speak at an economic summit organized by Florida Gov. Rick Scott.
- Bush lauded at Tenn. GOP event, but will state vote follow? Updated: Jun-01-15 5:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The speakers at the Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser over the weekend took turns heaping praise on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the keynote speaker at the annual Statesmen's Dinner.
- It's a wrap for CBS' Bob Schieffer at 'Face the Nation' Updated: May-31-15 1:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Bob Schieffer won't see you next Sunday when CBS' "Face the Nation" airs with a new lineup of politicians and pundits.
- Washington removes Cuba from US list of terrorism sponsors Updated: May-29-15 5:28 pm
HAVANA - The Obama administration formally removed Cuba from the U.S. terrorism blacklist Friday, a decision hailed in Cuba as the healing of a decades-old wound and an important step toward normalizing relations between the Cold War foes.
- Bush suggests literature, from Bible to historical thriller Updated: May-28-15 4:38 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Jeb Bush is taking a break from questions about health care, immigration and Middle East policy to toss off some of his memorable reads, during a visit to Michigan.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for May 27 Updated: May-26-15 5:27 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Jeb Bush to get own home at family compound in Kennebunkport Updated: May-25-15 2:55 pm
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is getting a house of his own at the family compound on the coast of Maine where generations of Bushes have spent summers.
- Nevada case is latest to test 'stand your ground' laws Updated: May-25-15 2:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - The idea that a person's home is their castle and they have the right to kill trespassers has been widely accepted in the U.S. for more than a century.
- Q&A: A look at Nevada's debate over caucus vs. primary Updated: May-24-15 6:22 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Lawmakers are trying to change how Nevada votes for presidential candidates in a move that has major implications for the state's relevance on the campaign trail and who is likely to be the nominee.
- Veterans frustrated by presidential debate on Iraq war Updated: May-23-15 12:22 pm
Veterans of the Iraq War have been watching in frustration as Republican presidential contenders distance themselves from the decision their party enthusiastically supported to invade that country.
- Huckabee is latest straw poll no-show. Is event in jeopardy? Updated: May-21-15 4:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The people running Iowa's Republican presidential straw poll want less money and glitz involved as they try to take this summer's event back to basics. But now they are facing a different kind of downsizing - fewer candidates.
- Oklahoma GOP roiled by infighting as conference looms Updated: May-20-15 8:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - As Republicans prepare for some of the party's biggest names to descend on Oklahoma for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, the state party is being rocked by infighting over its new chairman's decision to retain a staffer who pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge.
- Former state GOP chairman elected Jacksonville mayor Updated: May-19-15 10:04 pm
UNDATED - Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Lenny Curry defeated Democratic incumbent Mayor Alvin Brown on Tuesday with help from powerful friends like Sen. Marco Rubio and former Gov. Jeb Bush.
- Florida's GOP primary could give a boost to a favorite son Updated: May-19-15 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida has put itself in a position to help the White House bids of either former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio, by setting up a winner-take-all Republican presidential primary as early as possible in the nominating calendar.
- Christie, Bush, Clinton head back to New Hampshire this week Updated: May-18-15 8:46 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Plenty of presidential hopefuls are heading back to New Hampshire this week.
- Jacksonville mayoral race draws national political interest Updated: May-17-15 2:55 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - There's a reason why the Jacksonville mayoral race is drawing the attention of outsiders like former President Bill Clinton, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and it's about more than who wins on Tuesday.
- Florida presidential primary to be winner-take-all Updated: May-16-15 2:04 pm
- In Ga., Rubio promises 'transformational change' Updated: May-15-15 4:31 pm
- Possible GOP presidential contender Santorum visits Nevada Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rick Santorum is the latest potential presidential candidate to visit Nevada this week.
- Christie presses pension reforms at town hall Updated: May-14-15 5:49 pm
SPARTA, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is continuing to defend his decision to scale back promised payments to the state's public worker pension system as the budget deadline draws nearer.
- Bush still coy about running in speech to Vegas Republicans Updated: May-13-15 11:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Jeb Bush says a record like his leading the state of Florida from 1998 to 2007 is the kind of record necessary to win the White House.
- Bush opposes Yucca Mountain; at odds with Rubio Updated: May-13-15 6:06 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush isn't officially in the race yet, but he's already parting ways with one declared Republican presidential candidate regarding Yucca Mountain.
- Bush chides Clinton's 'scripted' run, but won't revisit Iraq Updated: May-13-15 5:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush is criticizing Hillary Rodham Clinton for running a "scripted" Democratic presidential campaign. But he's not answering all questions that come his way, either.