- GOP WH hopefuls deride gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-28-15 12:04 am
DENVER - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee told conservatives Saturday that the Supreme Court tried to "unwrite the laws of nature and the laws of nature's God" when it legalized gay marriage across the nation.
- The Latest: Bishops object to court's gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 12:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage. (All times Eastern)
- With court defeat, GOP health law effort now aimed at '16 Updated: Jun-26-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's resounding rejection of a conservative attempt to gut President Barack Obama's health care overhaul won't stop Republicans from attacking the law they detest. But now, their efforts will be chiefly about teeing up the issue for the 2016 presidential and congressional elections.
- Contours of Obama's legacy form with help of unlikely allies Updated: Jun-25-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Long past the prime of his presidency, Barack Obama is defying the lame-duck label and solidifying the contours of his legacy with the help of unlikely allies in Congress and the Supreme Court.
- The Latest: Obama says health law is 'here to stay' Updated: Jun-25-15 11:50 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Supreme Court's decision on President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. (All times Eastern)
- Clinton takes a 'just enough' strategy to fundraising Updated: Jun-24-15 12:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - The stars are out to raise money for Hillary Rodham Clinton: Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at the Plaza Hotel, Jon Bon Jovi at home in Jersey. So, too, are the Democratic Party's wealthiest donors, from a Facebook co-founder to the heiress of a brewing fortune.
- AP hires Sergio Bustos as Miami-based politics writer Updated: Jun-23-15 11:13 am
MIAMI, Florida - Sergio Bustos, a veteran political journalist, has been hired by The Associated Press as the news cooperative's Miami-based politics reporter, a key position ahead the 2016 elections.
- Bush faults Obama for not preventing federal records breach Updated: Jun-22-15 7:12 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush blamed President Barack Obama on Monday for failing to heed warnings that could have prevented hackers from accessing personal information about millions of federal employees.
- Religion and politics: GOP hopefuls' new insight on faith Updated: Jun-20-15 3:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential contenders railed against abortion rights on Saturday as they courted religious conservatives, promising Christian values would guide their personal decisions and public policies should they win the presidency.
- Gun rights still trumping gun controls in politics Updated: Jun-19-15 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - They offered prayers and moments of silence. They sought to comfort. Some flashed with anger and frustration that, once again, America was forced to confront another mass shooting.
- Walker launches fundraising blitz ahead of likely run Updated: Jun-19-15 1:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker told donors on Friday that he's still praying about whether to run for president, even as the Wisconsin governor launched a website to raise money and hedged on earlier promises not to announce his intentions until after he signed the state budget.
- Pope Francis' climate message fails to move GOP Updated: Jun-19-15 10:02 am
WASHINGTON - Pope Francis' call for dramatic action on climate change drew a round of shrugs from congressional Republicans, while a number of the party's presidential candidates ignored it entirely.
- Pope challenges world to clean up its filth Updated: Jun-19-15 3:55 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis' plea to make the state of the environment a central moral issue of our age has been greeted with applause from climate activists and a wide range of church, science and government leaders, but dismissive shrugs from those who doubt climate change.
- Clinton says US must face 'hard truths' about guns, race Updated: Jun-19-15 3:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday the country has to face "hard truths" about guns and race in the wake of a shooting at a historically black church in South Carolina that left nine dead.
- THE LATEST: Filipino activists encouraged by pope's message Updated: Jun-18-15 8:02 am
13:57 p.m. (1157 GMT), 7:57 a.m. EDT)
- Jeb Bush cancels trip to SC after deadly church shooting Updated: Jun-18-15 6:28 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Jeb Bush is canceling his visit to Charleston after the shooting that killed nine people at a historic black church.
- As president, Bush would face entanglements from board roles Updated: Jun-18-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's deep dive into corporate America, where he served on the boards or as an adviser to more than a dozen companies, could trigger complications for him if he wins the White House.
- Presidential candidates, surrogates hit Nevada in busy week Updated: Jun-17-15 3:58 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A busy week in Nevada politics ramped up Wednesday with visits from Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson and the son of Republican White House hopeful Jeb Bush.
- Trump announcement a boon to late-night comics Updated: Jun-17-15 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - He doesn't need the money, but if Donald Trump's presidential campaign falters, late-night comics would surely pass the hat to keep it going.
- FACT CHECK: Why Bush's growth forecast is a stretch Updated: Jun-17-15 1:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says there's "not a reason in the world" why the U.S. economy can't grow at 4 percent annually.
- Jeb Bush 'slow jams' the news with Fallon Updated: Jun-17-15 12:08 am
NEW YORK - Republican Jeb Bush "slow jammed" the news, told about meeting his wife, offered a guacamole recipe and oddly compared his presidential father and brother during a "Tonight" show appearance.
- New Mexico Gov. Martinez praises Jeb Bush for hiring ex-aide Updated: Jun-15-15 8:05 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said Monday that Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush knows "how to pick the best" and made a good move in hiring one of her former top aides as his campaign manager.
- Rand Paul says people have had enough Bushes, Clintons Updated: Jun-15-15 4:22 pm
LEXINGTON, South Carolina - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says he thinks voters are tired of presidents and White House hopefuls coming from a handful of families.
- Murphy works Democratic Party event to build Senate campaign Updated: Jun-13-15 8:12 pm
HOLLYWOOD, Florida - For now, U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy is the only prominent Democrat in the race to replace Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, and he took advantage of that Saturday at a Florida Democratic Party fundraising event in which he portrayed himself as a moderate who isn't going to please everybody all the time.
- Bush happy to echo father's legacy in eastern Europe Updated: Jun-13-15 9:01 am
TALLINN, Estonia - Jeb Bush strolled the halls of the Polish parliament, praised Germany's economic boom since the fall of the Berlin Wall and visited Estonia, a once-bleak Soviet state that now has a growing, free-market high-tech economy.