- Dozens of Venezuelan shot by police amid crime crackdown Updated: Aug-31-15 12:07 am
MARACAY, Venezuela - Workers in the industrial complex had been hiding in bathrooms and closets for hours when the shooting stopped. The last of the four suspected thieves, a slightly built man in yellow rain boots, surrendered on the roof, crying out, "Jesus saves!"
- Residents take canoes as Venezuela expands border closure Updated: Aug-29-15 8:47 pm
BOCA DEL GRITA, Venezuela - Venezuelans took to dugout canoes to shop in Colombia on Saturday as a government crackdown on smuggling and migrants cut off access to at least six border crossings key to the life of communities on both sides.
- Venezuela extends border closure despite Colombia's protests Updated: Aug-28-15 8:28 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro on Friday broadened a crackdown on Colombian migrants and border smugglers that has drawn strong rebuke by Colombian leaders and international organizations.
- Colombia, Venezuela recall ambassadors amid dispute Updated: Aug-27-15 10:01 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Venezuela and Colombia each recalled their ambassadors for consultations on Thursday amid a dispute over the closing of a major border crossing and a weeklong crackdown on Colombian migrants and smugglers.
- Grisly killing becomes political battleground in Venezuela Updated: Aug-19-15 5:50 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The grisly slaying of a woman has become yet another political flashpoint in hyper-polarized Venezuela, with supporters and opponents of the country's socialist administration each saying the killers were working for the other side.
- Venezuela's telenovelas struggle back from the brink Updated: Aug-18-15 12:02 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - A worker on the set strikes the clapperboard to the shout of "Action!" and three women launch into a heated argument about an abandoned child who was rescued from the streets but cannot be tamed of her violent impulses.
- Venezuela ruling party games Twitter for political gain Updated: Aug-04-15 3:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro's approval ratings may be languishing below 30 percent, but on Twitter he's as popular as Pope Francis - or so it would seem.
- Venezuela governor: 1 killed during supermarket looting Updated: Jul-31-15 8:38 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A man was killed and dozens were arrested Friday as a mob looted a supermarket and other shops in an industrial Venezuelan city, Bolivar state authorities said.