- Venezuela faces mounting international pressure over crisis Updated: Jun-23-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The head of the Organization of American States added his voice Thursday to the chorus of international leaders stepping up pressure on Venezuela to address a humanitarian crisis and end a crackdown on opposition activists.
- Top US diplomat meets with Venezuela's president amid crisis Updated: Jun-22-16 5:30 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A senior U.S. diplomat met with Venezuela's socialist president Wednesday, apparently hoping to prevent a humanitarian disaster and ease a political crisis in this deeply polarized nation.
- Kerry of US asks Venezuela to respect rights, ease shortages Updated: Jun-14-16 5:46 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said that the Obama administrative will resume a diplomatic push to ease tensions with Venezuela as the socialist South America nation plunges deeper into economic and political chaos.
- Venezuela officials OK 1st step toward still-distant recall Updated: Jun-10-16 8:02 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A complex effort to recall President Nicolas Maduro can advance, Venezuelan electoral officials said Friday, but opponents of the leader still face enormous hurdles to removing him from office - and even more in ousting his socialist party as the country plunges into economic crisis.
- As hunger mounts, Venezuelans turn to trash for food Updated: Jun-08-16 3:09 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Until recently, Julio Noguera worked at a bakery. Now he spends his evenings searching through the garbage for food.
- Venezuelan protesters clash with police, demand recall Updated: Jun-07-16 6:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Police in Venezuela's capital clashed Tuesday with thousands of protesters demanding that election authorities allow to move forward a recall referendum on cutting short President Nicolas Maduro's term.
- Venezuela president calls Sanders a 'revolutionary friend' Updated: Jun-01-16 8:37 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's socialist president is hailing U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders as a "revolutionary friend."
- Ex-presidents meet with Venezuela government, oppo Updated: May-28-16 7:54 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A group of former presidents has held secret meetings in the Dominican Republic with Venezuelan officials and government opponents in an attempt to mediate the South American nation's political standoff.