- Pirates acquire Aramis Ramirez from Brewers Updated: Jul-23-15 8:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez is back where he once belonged.
- Pirates promote infielder Pedro Florimon Updated: Jul-22-15 7:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Pittsburgh Pirates have selected the contract of Pedro Florimon from Triple-A Indianapolis and inserted him into the lineup at shortstop Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer out 6 weeks with knee injury Updated: Jul-20-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pittsburgh shortstop Jordy Mercer is expected to miss six weeks because of a knee injury, leaving the Pirates without their starters on the left side of the infield possibly until September.
- Jungmann, Brewers finish off sweep of Pirates Updated: Jul-19-15 7:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - Taylor Jungmann has been quite the midseason call-up for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Pirates staying patient as Polanco searches for consistency Updated: Jun-29-15 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - A year ago, Gregory Polanco was the next big thing. When the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder was called up to the big leagues last June, his arrival was viewed as a coronation.
- Wood sharp as Braves top Pirates 2-1 to end losing streak Updated: Jun-28-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Alex Wood can tell the instant a breaking ball leaves his hand whether he has a feel for it on a given day. When he does, the Atlanta Braves lefty can be dominant.