- Matz befuddles Nats, who drop series after 2-0 loss to Mets Updated: May-25-16 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Slumping Nationals slugger Bryce Harper began Wednesday on the bench and then grounded out in the eighth as a pinch hitter and potential tying run.
- Matz wins 7th straight, Mets beat Nats 2-0 to take series Updated: May-25-16 6:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Steven Matz pitched through the eighth inning for the first time in his big league career, and the most satisfying pitch was his final one, a sinker to Bryce Harper.
- Nationals give Bryce Harper 'mental day off' against Mets Updated: May-25-16 12:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Slumping Nationals slugger Bryce Harper is out of the starting lineup for Washington's rubber game Wednesday against the New York Mets.
- Struggling Harvey goes silent after Mets' 7-4 loss to Nats Updated: May-24-16 11:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey's latest performance brought up many questions, most of which centered upon his future in the New York Mets' rotation.
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour Updated: May-24-16 4:26 pm
NEW YORK - UCLA and Under Armour have agreed to an athletic shoe and apparel deal that will pay the school a record $280 million over 15 years.
- Happy birthday, Bartbino! 'Big Sexy' Colon hits the big 4-3 Updated: May-24-16 3:51 am
NEW YORK - Watching someone wait has rarely been so amusing.
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 Updated: May-22-16 5:19 pm
MIAMI - Even when Max Scherzer eases up on the strikeouts, he can be plenty tough. Just ask the Miami Marlins.
- Harper says his jersey being auctioned is not as advertised Updated: May-21-16 8:00 pm
MIAMI - An auction house says it is offering the jersey Bryce Harper wore during his memorable dugout fight with a teammate. The Washington Nationals star says they've got the wrong shirt.
- Unbeaten Strasburg fans 10, Nationals hammer Harvey, Mets Updated: May-19-16 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - A few years ago, as Stephen Strasburg was outpitched by an emerging Mets ace, fans at Citi Field memorably taunted the young Washington star by chanting "Harvey's better! Harvey's better!"
- Bonds: Harper should diversify his game to adapt to walks Updated: May-16-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - When pitchers were intentionally walking Barry Bonds more than anyone else in baseball history, his father had a simple message for him.
- Nationals extend general manager Mike Rizzo through 2018 Updated: May-14-16 11:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals picked up the contract option for Mike Rizzo that keeps the president of baseball operations and general manager with the organization through the 2018 season.
- Nationals' Harper drops appeal, serves 1-game suspension Updated: May-14-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Nationals star Bryce Harper has dropped his appeal and will serve a one-game suspension in the second game of the day-night doubleheader Saturday against Miami.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper appeals 1-game suspension from MLB Updated: May-12-16 12:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper was suspended one game and fined Wednesday by Major League Baseball for his behavior following an ejection this week.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- Baker leaves Zimmerman behind Harper in Nats order 'for now' Updated: May-09-16 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dusty Baker is sticking with Ryan Zimmerman as the Washington Nationals' cleanup hitter, right behind Bryce Harper in the batting order - at least, as the manager put it Monday, "for now."
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 9:17 pm
CHICAGO - Javier Baez got the pitch he wanted and propelled the Cubs to yet another victory on a day when it looked like Jake Arrieta might finally pick up a loss.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.
- Rupp's 9th-inning hit lifts Phils over Nats 3-0 for sweep Updated: Apr-28-16 9:07 pm
WASHINGTON - So much for the Washington Nationals' hot start.
- Scherzer says he's in 'funk' after Nats lose to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Apr-27-16 12:12 am
WASHINGTON - After all of six pitches, Max Scherzer had allowed a walk and a two-run homer.