- Nationals drop another heartbreaker, losing 8-5 to Cardinals Updated: Sep-02-15 1:12 am
ST. LOUIS - Rookie Joe Ross had trouble gripping the ball in 89-degree heat. Casey Janssen paid dearly, again, for failing to hit his spots.
- Marlins jump to early lead, but fall 7-4 to Nationals Updated: Aug-30-15 7:39 pm
WASHINGTON - With his team long out of contention and slugger Giancarlo Stanton nearing his return, Marlins manager Dan Jennings is embracing his team's role as spoilers in the NL East playoff race.
- Werth homers, drives in 3 as Nationals beat Marlins 7-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Jayson Werth homered and drove in three runs, and Clint Robinson added a pinch-hit home run as the Nationals had 13 hits and rallied past the Marlins 7-4 on Sunday.
- Werth, Zimmerman homer as Nationals defeat Padres 4-2 Updated: Aug-28-15 12:03 am
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals pulled out a big win on the field Thursday night. Off the field, they didn't do quite as well.
- Rendon, Ramos homer, Nationals beat Brewers 9-5 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Utilityman Danny Espinosa seized another opportunity in a season of full of them. Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper thinks his teammate should get more.
- Nationals SS Trea Turner debuts in 10-3 loss to Brewers Updated: Aug-22-15 12:51 am
WASHINGTON - The Nationals believe Trea Turner can help them catch the NL East-leading Mets, even if it's not quite clear how just yet.
- Flande keys Rockies' 3-2 win over Nationals Updated: Aug-21-15 1:00 am
- Bumgarner HR, fans 14, pitches 3-hitter, Giants beat Nats Updated: Aug-16-15 6:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Madison Bumgarner homered and doubled, struck out 14 and pitched a three-hitter as the San Francisco Giants beat Washington 5-0 Sunday, the Nationals' sixth straight loss.
- Kershaw reaches 200 Ks in Dodgers' 3-0 win over Nats Updated: Aug-13-15 1:56 am
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw showed everyone he was on his game early, striking out the side in the second inning while retiring the game's first 16 batters.
- Gonzalez hits slam as Rockies rally past Nationals 5-4 Updated: Aug-07-15 11:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The Colorado Rockies apparently have no intention of simply limping to the conclusion of a disappointing season.
- Desmond, Ross lift Nationals to 8-3 win over Diamondbacks Updated: Aug-06-15 8:27 pm
- Castillo, Diamondbacks break loose, romp past Nationals Updated: Aug-06-15 1:12 am
WASHINGTON - Not even Arizona catcher Welington Castillo can figure out how he's the hottest hitter in a series involving star sluggers Paul Goldschmidt and Bryce Harper.
- Mets hit 3 homers in 5 pitches to sweep Nationals, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 am
NEW YORK - As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. and "Moondance" by Van Morrison practically wafted through the ballpark, young children ran around the bases as part of a family-friendly promotion normally reserved for Sunday afternoons.