- Utah GOP leaders vote to comply with new election law Updated: May-31-15 6:35 pm
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah - Utah Republican Party leaders have voted to comply with a new state law changing the candidate nomination process, heeding Gov. Gary Herbert's call to end infighting over the issue.
- GOP lawmakers still hope for Medicaid deal but no guarantee Updated: May-28-15 3:06 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican lawmakers said Thursday they still hope to strike a Medicaid deal with Gov. Gary Herbert by August but aren't yet certain they'll meet that self-imposed deadline.
- Provo police chief calls for expanded Medicaid to help crime Updated: May-23-15 1:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah police chief is calling on state lawmakers to accept federal funding to expand Medicaid as a way to fight crime.
- Utah official took donation from 1-800 Contacts Updated: May-21-15 6:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes accepted a $5,000 campaign donation from a contact lens seller based in the state after his office began defending a new law that critics say was written at the company's behest.
- Governor: Fossil fuels will remain big part of economy Updated: May-21-15 4:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Gov. Gary Herbert says that while the state is moving toward using more renewable energy, fossil fuels will remain important to the economy for the next generation.
- Gov. Herbert says 'civil war' in GOP is unhealthy Updated: May-14-15 4:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert touted the merits of the state's longtime caucus-convention system for nominating candidates and said Thursday the "civil war" within GOP ranks triggered by a law overhauling the system is unhealthy and needs to be resolved.
- Conference coming to Utah to promote 'natural families' Updated: May-12-15 6:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - With the support of the governor and pledged participation from the Mormon church, a conservative organization on Tuesday promoted its upcoming international conference in Utah as a mecca for supporters of the natural family dictated by God.