- Box Elder refuses to comply with transgender bathroom order Updated: May-27-16 3:13 pm
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah - A northern Utah school district is refusing to comply with the Obama administration's directive to let transgender students use bathrooms that match their gender identity.
- Utah lawmaker wants opt-in requirement for porn Updated: May-20-16 4:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker who succeeded in having pornography declared a public health crisis intends to continue his crusade through a bill that could require pornography filters to be placed on the Internet.
- Herbert: Bathroom directive could hurt transgender students Updated: May-19-16 7:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Obama administration's recent directive that students be allowed to use facilities that match their gender identity could be harmful to transgender children, according to Gov. Gary Herbert.
- Herbert signs anti-monument resolution, education funds bill Updated: May-19-16 6:42 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert has signed bills declaring Utah's opposition to a new national monument and restoring funds cut to several education programs.
- Utah lawmakers again decry possible Bears Ears monument Updated: May-18-16 9:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's Republican-dominated Legislature trumpeted its opposition Wednesday to a possible national monument in the Bears Ears area of southeastern Utah.
- The Latest: Utah lawmakers trumpet opposition to monument Updated: May-18-16 8:43 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Utah lawmakers' opposition to a proposal to designate a new national monument in the state (all times local):
- Ex-US Sen. Bob Bennett laid to rest in Salt Lake City Updated: May-14-16 7:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Hundreds of mourners gathered Saturday to remember Bob Bennett as a loving husband and father who did not let his career as a senator define him.
- Jonathan Johnson hasn't decided if he'll support Trump Updated: May-05-16 6:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican candidate for governor Jonathan Johnson hasn't decided if he'll support presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- In election fight, Utah governor retreats from Common Core Updated: May-05-16 5:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican Gov. Gary Herbert spent years defending Utah's adoption of Common Core education standards but reversed course this week, calling for a repeal as he faces a tough re-election fight for his party's nomination.
- Utah governor drops Common Core support, calls for repeal Updated: May-04-16 8:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican Gov. Gary Herbert is asking the state school board to repeal Utah's adoption of the Common Core education standards after his re-election challenger made it a key campaign issue.