- Utah officials react to Supreme Court immigration deadlock Updated: Jun-23-16 4:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Reaction from Utah officials to a divided decision from the U.S. Supreme Court blocking President Barack Obama's plan to shield millions of immigrants in the U.S. illegally from deportation. Utah was one of 26 Republican-dominated states that challenged the Obama initiatives in court:
- Utah Gov. Gary Herbert raises $1.3M ahead of primary battle Updated: Jun-22-16 5:06 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert has continued on a massive fundraising tear in the past few months, raising more than $1 million over the past two months as he tries to fend off a re-election challenge next week from Overstock.com board chairman Jonathan Johnson for the Republican nomination.
- In Utah speech, Dalai Lama says actions spread compassion Updated: Jun-22-16 12:56 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Dalai Lama delivered his message of peace and compassion Tuesday to thousands of people during a visit to Utah that included a luncheon with the governor and a planned meeting with senior Mormon leaders.
- The Latest: Dalai Lama encourages Utah crowd to build peace Updated: Jun-21-16 5:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on the Dalai Lama speaking at the University of Utah: (all times local):
- Mitt Romney backs Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election bid Updated: Jun-16-16 1:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney is endorsing Utah Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election campaign.
- Professor warns Utah officials not to meet with Dalai Lama Updated: Jun-14-16 9:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Weber State University professor who helped broker Utah's relations with China is warning state officials they should not meet with the Dalai Lama when he visits Utah next week.
- Things to know about Utah's June 28 primary election Updated: Jun-05-16 1:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah voters this month will pick candidates in key races for governor and U.S. Senate and narrow the field of candidates in dozens of other races.
- Herbert, Hatch: Monument wrong method to protect Bears Ears Updated: Jun-03-16 11:53 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert and U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch say the Bears Ears Buttes in southeastern Utah and surrounding sacred sites need protections but a national monument would be the wrong approach.
- Utah governor outspends GOP challenger on TV ads Updated: Jun-01-16 1:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election campaign has spent almost four times as much on local television ads than his Republican challenger Jonathan Johnson.
- Orrin Hatch to tour parks, speak about monument proposal Updated: May-31-16 3:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch on Tuesday kicked off a weeklong tour of the five national parks in Utah that includes a stop at a site involved in a controversial proposal to name a new national monument.
- County commissioner appeals conviction in ATV protest ride Updated: May-28-16 1:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A southern Utah county commissioner who became a cause celebre in a movement challenging federal management of Western public lands calls charges against him "a modern-day witch hunt" in documents appealing a conviction for his role in an ATV protest ride.
- Box Elder refuses to comply with transgender bathroom order Updated: May-27-16 3:13 pm
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah - A northern Utah school district is refusing to comply with the Obama administration's directive to let transgender students use bathrooms that match their gender identity.