- NHL teams must consider expansion draft in offseason plans Updated: Jun-27-16 10:54 am
Brad Treliving saw the rules for the expansion draft and immediately was in an advantageous position. The Calgary Flames' general manager needed a goaltender, and with Las Vegas set to harvest the NHL for two of them in a year, his colleagues had incentive to make a move.
- Cup winners again, Penguins have shot at lengthy run at top Updated: Jun-13-16 3:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - When the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup in 2009, a dynasty appeared to be in the offing. It didn't quite work out that way. Injuries and inconsistent postseason play sent the franchise into a full-fledged identity crisis.
- Penguins beat Sharks 3-1 for 4th Stanley Cup title Updated: Jun-13-16 12:50 am
SAN JOSE, California - Sidney Crosby let out a scream as he lifted the Stanley Cup above his head, a wide smile spread across his face.
- The Latest: Crosby hands Cup to injured D Trevor Daley Updated: Jun-12-16 11:13 pm
- Murray's confidence hardly shaken by Game 5 setback Updated: Jun-10-16 5:19 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray's slender frame has spent the last two months seemingly impervious to the increasingly massive weight on his shoulders.
- Sullivan pushing all the right buttons for Penguins Updated: Jun-07-16 3:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - There is no magic button, even if the correlation between Mike Sullivan's deft attempts to a get player's attention and that player almost immediately elevating his game is unmistakable.
- Rookies making major impact for Penguins Updated: Jun-02-16 5:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - It's easy to get awestruck the first time a new face walks into the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room.
- Stanley Cup Capsule Updated: May-29-16 6:46 pm
- Creative Rutherford, blunt Sullivan key Penguins' turnaround Updated: May-28-16 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The door closed and Mike Sullivan started to talk. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, the Pittsburgh Penguins coach laid out for rookie goaltender Matt Murray why veteran Marc-Andre Fleury was starting Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals even though Murray's rapid maturation was one of the reasons Pittsburgh found itself two wins from a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.