- Louisiana's Boustany to lead new tax policy panel Updated: Nov-19-15 4:10 am
NEW ORLEANS - A member of Louisiana's congressional delegation will head a new House panel on tax policy.
- Veteran Texas Rep. ready for powerful chairman's role Updated: Nov-09-15 3:47 am
WASHINGTON - The House's newest and perhaps most powerful committee chairman is a 60-year-old Texas Republican who began life in a family of stalwart Democrats from South Dakota and lost his father at age 12 in a courtroom shooting.
- Paul Ryan ushers in a more open House, for better or worse Updated: Nov-06-15 1:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Late nights dealing with scores of amendments on the House floor.
- House GOP picks Texas Rep. Brady as new Ways and Means chair Updated: Nov-05-15 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Texas Rep. Kevin Brady became chairman of the Ways and Means Committee Thursday after winning the approval of his fellow House Republicans as well as the backing of the chamber's new speaker.
- The Latest: Lawmakers line up for photos with Paul Ryan Updated: Oct-29-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments in the changing of the guard in the House leadership, with Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin succeeding Rep. John Boehner of Ohio as speaker (all times local):