- Deal says Obama's $42.7M Savannah harbor request falls short Updated: Feb-09-16 6:47 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The Obama administration requested $42.7 million on Tuesday to fund a second year of work to deepen Savannah's busy shipping channel, though Georgia officials said the amount falls far short of what's needed to keep the project on schedule.
- The Latest: Power knocked out in northeast Georgia, Atlanta Updated: Jan-23-16 12:22 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on the snow and ice expected to hit north Georgia as part of a large storm system moving toward the East Coast. (all times local)
- RNC holds winter meeting in S. Carolina as candidates debate Updated: Jan-14-16 6:42 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican party leaders are holding a meeting in South Carolina as GOP presidential hopefuls gather for a debate.
- Deal gives lawmakers more time to review education overhaul Updated: Jan-13-16 12:39 pm
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal urged state lawmakers to spend the 2016 legislative session studying sweeping changes to Georgia's education system, including the state's method for doling out funds to schools and tying teacher pay to student performance.
- Georgia lawmakers return to Capitol for session's first day Updated: Jan-11-16 4:57 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia lawmakers opened the legislative session Monday at the Capitol in Atlanta, with most action taking place outside the House and Senate chambers. Opening day of the session is typically dominated by ceremony, and the 2016 kickoff was no exception, including a visit from Betty Cantrell, the Georgian named "Miss America" for 2016.