- Sen. Gillibrand calls for EPA action on toxic chemical PFOA Updated: Jun-23-16 5:26 pm
ALBANY, New York - A day after President Barack Obama signed a major overhaul of toxic chemical rules into law, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand called on federal regulators to use new powers under the law to determine if the industrial chemical PFOA should be restricted or banned.
- New York congressional primaries include 4 for open seats Updated: Jun-19-16 10:28 am
CHATHAM, New York - Primary races to replace a retiring congressman from the Hudson Valley feature two past candidates for New York governor facing off against lesser-known but spirited challengers.
- Markey: Bill would educate young people about climate change Updated: Jun-19-16 9:27 am
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Edward Markey says he wants to help educate young people about climate change.
- Congress stalemated on guns despite shooting, filibuster Updated: Jun-16-16 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - The slaughter in Florida and an attention-grabbing filibuster in the Senate did little to break the election-year stalemate in Congress over guns Thursday, with both sides unwilling to budge and Republicans standing firm against any new legislation opposed by the National Rifle Association.
- DOD uses undisclosed files to defend sex assault testimony Updated: May-28-16 2:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon is relying on information it won't make public to dispute an Associated Press investigation that found the military misled Congress about sexual assault cases to blunt support for Senate legislation.