- Stanley Cup Capsule Updated: May-29-16 6:46 pm
- Creative Rutherford, blunt Sullivan key Penguins' turnaround Updated: May-28-16 4:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - The door closed and Mike Sullivan started to talk. Over the course of the next 10 minutes, the Pittsburgh Penguins coach laid out for rookie goaltender Matt Murray why veteran Marc-Andre Fleury was starting Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals even though Murray's rapid maturation was one of the reasons Pittsburgh found itself two wins from a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.
- Penguins top Lightning 2-1 to advance to Stanley Cup Final Updated: May-27-16 12:31 am
PITTSBURGH - The hours before the biggest game of Bryan Rust's life were restless. The nap he tried to sneak in never materialized. The Pittsburgh Penguins forward's mind was simply too busy.
- Crosby helps Penguins beat Lightning to force Game 7 Updated: May-25-16 12:27 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Pittsburgh Penguins made good on Evgeni Malkin's pledge to force Game 7 in the Eastern Conference final.
- Lightning lose goaltender Bishop to apparent leg injury Updated: May-13-16 9:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop left Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals Friday night in the first period with an apparent injury to his left leg.
- Capitals assistant Reirden a 'future head coach' in the NHL Updated: May-13-16 2:42 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Todd Reirden's road to coaching started as a journeyman defenseman playing in the minors for Todd McLellan's Houston Aeros during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.
- Lesser names hogging spotlight for Penguins, Capitals Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The well-traveled defenseman filling in for his team's most indispensable player scored the first goal. The seemingly ageless center closing in on his 40th birthday scored the second. And the winger who makes a living trying to create space for Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby delivered the overtime winner that brought the Penguins within one victory of a spot in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Penguins defenseman Letang suspended 1 game for interference Updated: May-03-16 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Penguins will be without Kris Letang for Game 4 against Washington after the NHL suspended him one game Tuesday after interfering with Washington's Marcus Johansson early in Pittsburgh's 3-2 win over the Capitals on Monday night.