- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- West Point Board of Visitors meets Monday Updated: Jul-20-15 3:04 am
WEST POINT, New York - The board that reviews programs at the U.S. Military Academy is holding a scheduled meeting at West Point.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- Sen. Schumer squeezed on Obama's Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-16-15 5:44 pm
WASHINGTON - No sooner had President Barack Obama announced a nuclear deal with Iran than Sen. Chuck Schumer issued a statement pledging to go through it with a fine-tooth comb, talk with administration officials, listen to experts on all sides and carefully study it.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- White House seeking Democrats to support Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-14-15 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Just hours after announcing a landmark nuclear agreement with Iran on Tuesday, the White House launched a robust lobbying campaign to persuade skeptical Democrats in Congress to approve the deal.