- House wading into California's long-running water war Updated: May-25-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Wading into a longstanding California water war, the House Wednesday endorsed a Republican plan to shift more water to San Joaquin Valley farmers and cut the flow for threatened fish and growers in another part of the state.
- Sanders raises money for California Senate candidate Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is urging his network of donors to contribute to a candidate for the California state Senate.
- Senate approves $37.5B measure to fund energy, water Updated: May-12-16 4:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday approved a $37.5 billion measure to fund energy and water programs next year, the first of the 12 spending bills lawmakers must approve to keep the government operating.
- Senate blocks measure to forbid buys of Iran 'heavy water' Updated: May-11-16 11:31 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Wednesday blocked a Republican effort aimed at undercutting last year's landmark international nuclear deal with Iran.
- Senate's power brokers are aging; several to seek new terms Updated: May-08-16 9:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Millennials have emerged as the nation's largest living generation yet that demographic shift isn't reflected in the upper reaches of the Republican-controlled Senate, where the body's oldest members are the power brokers.