- Braves held to 3 hits, routed 8-0 by Mets to end trip Updated: May-04-16 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - Jhoulys Chacin did something most of his teammates couldn't do: get a hit off Mets starter Steven Matz.
- Matz's arm, Duda's bat lead Mets to 8-0 rout of Braves Updated: May-04-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - With all his pitches working on a cold, drizzly afternoon, Steven Matz didn't waste any time.
- Braves' Markakis misses game because of family emergency Updated: May-04-16 11:52 am
NEW YORK - Braves right fielder Nick Markakis has left the team because of a family emergency, manager Fredi Gonzalez said before Wednesday afternoon's game against the Mets.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Buchholz, Red Sox struggle in 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 12:31 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz struggled with his control when he needed it most and his teammates' timing wasn't much better.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Braves' HR drought ends, losing streak doesn't in 9-4 loss Updated: Apr-27-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - The power-starved Atlanta Braves finally hit one out. Now, they've just got to find a way to start winning some games again.
- Losses mount as Braves' home-run drought reaches 15 games Updated: Apr-27-16 2:24 am
ATLANTA - The message in the Braves clubhouse Tuesday night added a fitting final insult to a dismal homestand:
- David Price fans 14 as Red Sox embarrass Braves, 11-4 Updated: Apr-26-16 10:54 pm
ATLANTA - David Price had a simple summary of his domination of the overmatched Atlanta Braves.
- Braves say don't call error on Turner Field's infield yet Updated: Apr-22-16 7:14 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves say it's too early to judge the condition of the playing field at Turner Field, which holds a big early lead for having the most errors for any stadium in the majors.
- Grandal's double in 10th gives Dodgers 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-21-16 5:23 pm
ATLANTA - Clayton Kershaw didn't have his best stuff. Even tried a blooper pitch.
- Braves complete sweep by beating Marlins 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-17-16 8:05 pm
MIAMI - With his next scheduled start two days away, Atlanta Braves right-hander Matt Wisler began playing catch in the bullpen in the ninth inning Sunday as his team attempted to close out a series sweep.
- Harper hits 1st slam, 100th HR; Nationals drop Braves to 0-9 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - After connecting for his first grand slam and 100th career home run, Bryce Harper is already thinking ahead to bigger milestones. His manager is invoking names like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.
- Slumping Braves slugger Freeman healthy scratch vs. Nats Updated: Apr-14-16 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Freddie Freeman admits he's having trouble catching up to fastballs.
- Police: Braves' Hector Olivera arrested, accused of assault Updated: Apr-13-16 6:55 pm
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?