- Senate votes to scrap catfish inspection program Updated: May-25-16 11:43 am
WASHINGTON - The Senate has voted to scrap a new catfish inspection program that critics have argued is wasteful and unnecessary.
- US Senators : 12 airports to get grants for upgrades Updated: May-10-16 6:31 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Twelve Mississippi airports will benefit from more than $4.15 million in grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation to help with facility upgrades.
- Senate's power brokers are aging; several to seek new terms Updated: May-08-16 9:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Millennials have emerged as the nation's largest living generation yet that demographic shift isn't reflected in the upper reaches of the Republican-controlled Senate, where the body's oldest members are the power brokers.
- Lott: Trump 'sucked all the oxygen' out of GOP opponents Updated: May-04-16 4:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott says he will vote for Donald Trump for president, though he acknowledges he didn't expect the New York businessman to win the Republican nomination.
- Congressman Palazzo endorses Trump for president Updated: May-03-16 8:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Republican Mississippi congressman is endorsing Donald Trump for president.