- The Latest: Russia could strike beyond Syria, exec suggests Updated: Sep-30-15 12:37 pm
MOSCOW - The latest developments as Russia and other nations counter Islamic State militants in Syria. All times local:
- Diplomats jostle to lay out position on how to end Syria war Updated: Sep-24-15 4:32 pm
PARIS - Europe's top diplomats, the United States and Russia jostled to lay out their positions Thursday on how best to end the civil war in Syria, which has sent millions fleeing their homes and killed thousands.
- Untangling Syria: Europe's top diplomats mull new strategy Updated: Sep-24-15 11:54 am
PARIS - The top diplomats of Britain, France, Germany and the European Union are sketching out a possible new diplomatic push to end the fighting in Syria.
- Germany offers help for Sri Lankan probe of war atrocities Updated: Sep-22-15 11:06 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Germany is ready to help Sri Lanka investigate alleged atrocities during its civil war, Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said Tuesday.
- Refugees in America: Syrian family rebuilds life in the US Updated: Sep-21-15 10:42 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Hussam Al Roustom and his wife didn't tell anyone before they and their two small children left Syria, fearing their plans for escape could fall apart.
- Kerry: US to accept 85,000 refugees in 2016, 100,000 in 2017 Updated: Sep-20-15 3:56 pm
BERLIN - Scrambling to address a growing Syrian refugee crisis, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced Sunday that the United States would significantly increase the number of worldwide migrants it takes in over the next two years, though not by nearly the amount many activists and former officials have urged.