- The Latest: US diplomat overjoyed at Ukraine pilot's release Updated: May-25-16 2:00 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - The Latest on Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko (all times local):
- Germany condemns Holocaust cartoon contest in Iran Updated: May-18-16 8:57 am
BERLIN - Germany is condemning a contest in Iran for cartoons depicting the Holocaust, saying it sows hatred and deepens divisions in the Middle East.
- Modest goals set in bid to save Syria truce, peace talks Updated: May-17-16 11:33 am
VIENNA - Seeking to salvage and reinforce a shaky truce, world and regional powers agreed Tuesday to try to turn the faltering pause in fighting into a comprehensive cease-fire and boost humanitarian aid deliveries with the hope of restarting peace talks.
- US, other powers want to arm Libyan government Updated: May-16-16 7:19 pm
VIENNA - In a move fraught with risk, the United States and other world powers said Monday they would supply Libya's internationally recognized government with weapons to counter the Islamic State and other militant groups gaining footholds in the chaos-wracked country's lawless regions.
- EU, Germany: Ball in Turkey's court on visa waiver issue Updated: May-12-16 2:22 pm
BERLIN - Turkey and the European Union faced off Thursday over a proposed deal to let Turks travel to Europe without visas - a crucial carrot the bloc has been dangling in order to get Turkey to halt the torrent of migrants flowing from its shores to EU member Greece.
- German FM: Ukraine talks made progress on security issues Updated: May-11-16 12:49 pm
BERLIN - Talks between Germany, Russia, Ukraine and France produced several agreements aimed at improving security in eastern Ukraine but no deal on holding local elections in the separatist region controlled by Russia-backed rebels, a top German diplomat said Wednesday.
- Kerry arrives in Paris for Syria talks Updated: May-09-16 6:40 am
PARIS - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has arrived in Paris for talks on the conflict in Syria and will be meeting with French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault.