- German FM calls Trump's foreign policy plans contradictory Updated: Apr-28-16 7:06 am
BERLIN - Germany's foreign minister says Donald Trump's foreign policy ideas are unclear and contradictory.
- Victims of Chile colony hope German documents bring justice Updated: Apr-28-16 6:03 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Victims of a secretive German colony in Chile hope that Germany's decision to declassify documents will help shine light on human rights abuses committed there.
- German foreign minister regrets diplomats' failures in Chile Updated: Apr-26-16 3:46 pm
BERLIN - Germany's foreign minister has expressed regret over the fact that his country's diplomats failed for years to act on abuses at a secretive German colony in Chile.
- Merkel hints at further military effort in Libya after talks Updated: Apr-25-16 1:47 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday that she, U.S. President Barack Obama and the leaders of France, Britain and Italy discussed ways of supporting the fragile unity government in Libya and the possibility of expanding military efforts to stop the smuggling of migrants across the Mediterranean.
- NATO, Russia meeting fails to bridge differences Updated: Apr-20-16 12:27 pm
BRUSSELS - The first meeting of the NATO-Russia Council in nearly two years ran over schedule Wednesday but failed to do much to improve relations between Moscow and the U.S.-led alliance, at their lowest ebb since the Cold War.
- Polish president leads ceremonies to Warsaw ghetto fighters Updated: Apr-19-16 11:54 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president on Tuesday led state ceremonies honoring the heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, young Jews who took up arms to fight against the Nazi German occupiers during World War II rather than be transported to a death camp.
- 4th night of protests against president's pardon Updated: Apr-15-16 5:05 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Thousands of people protested peacefully in the Macedonian capital late Friday on a fourth night of demonstrations against President Gjorge Ivanov's decision to grant pardons that halted criminal proceedings against dozens of politicians, including a former prime minister, amid a wiretapping scandal.
- Ukrainian president's ally is elected as new prime minister Updated: Apr-14-16 4:42 pm
MOSCOW - The speaker of the Ukrainian parliament was elected the country's new prime minister Thursday in a vote that the government hopes will end a months-long political crisis but which reformers say gives Ukraine's oligarchs a free hand in running the country.