- The Latest: France condemns 'odious' airport attack Updated: Jun-29-16 4:06 am
ISTANBUL - The Latest on the explosions at Istanbul's Ataturk airport (all times local):
- Germany's Merkel at center stage as EU faces Brexit fallout Updated: Jun-26-16 6:58 am
BERLIN - Britain's decision to leave the European Union puts German Chancellor Angela Merkel at center stage as the bloc seeks to preserve its unity and win back skeptical voters across the continent.
- EU's founding members say talks on UK exit needed urgently Updated: Jun-25-16 9:31 am
BERLIN - Foreign ministers of the European Union's founding members on Saturday urged quick negotiations about Britain's departure from the bloc, saying the other 27 countries in the union need to move ahead and think about the future.
- Reactions to Britain's vote to leave the European Union Updated: Jun-24-16 1:01 pm
"Damn! A bad day for Europe." - Sigmar Gabriel, Germany's vice chancellor and economy minister, on Twitter.
- Germany warns of new risks to Europe; urges dialogue Updated: Jun-22-16 10:07 am
BERLIN - Seventy-five years after the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union, which led to the deaths of tens of millions, Germany's foreign minister warned Wednesday that "Europe is at risk of splitting along new divides," while Russia's president drew parallels to the lead-up to the attack and today, saying the West still seeks to isolate his country.
- German FM warns against 'saber-rattling' toward Russia Updated: Jun-18-16 12:01 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany's foreign minister has warned against relying on "saber-rattling" in the wake of military exercises aimed at demonstrating NATO's resolve to defend members in eastern Europe against Russia if that becomes necessary.
- Germany urges Albania on judicial reform, key to EU step Updated: Jun-14-16 12:36 pm
TIRANA, Albania - German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier called on Albanian leaders Tuesday to pass a judicial reform package which is fundamental to ensuring that the European Union will launch membership negotiations with the poor Balkan nation.
- Germany: talks on colonial-era Namibia killings advanced Updated: Jun-13-16 8:51 am
BERLIN - Germany and Namibia are in the advanced stages of talks on officially recognizing as "genocide" a colonial-era crackdown more than a century ago in which more than 65,000 ethnic Hereros were killed, the German government said Monday. It hopes to conclude them by late next year.
- EU businesses anxious to end Russia sanctions Updated: Jun-08-16 4:00 pm
MOSCOW - In a sign of the growing frustration amid companies across Europe to get back to business as usual, the French Senate overwhelmingly voted Wednesday to urge the government to lift economic sanctions on Russia.