- Fulmer throws 7 2/3 shutout innings in Tigers' 4-1 win Updated: May-28-16 1:57 am
OAKLAND, California - Michael Fulmer took his place in Detroit history with the best effort yet of his young career.
- Manaea throws 6 solid innings in A's 4-1 loss to Tigers Updated: May-28-16 1:36 am
OAKLAND, California - Sean Manaea continues to feel more comfortable every time he takes the mound. He had another solid outing but the Athletics' offense was stymied and suffered yet another disappointing loss.
- Improved Verlander helps Tigers rebound from rough stretch Updated: May-26-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - After allowing seven runs to the Cleveland Indians on May 3, Justin Verlander took to Twitter - always a risky move for an athlete, especially one coming off a frustrating performance.
- Sanchez struggles again, Tigers lose 8-5 to Phillies Updated: May-25-16 6:22 pm
DETROIT - If Anibal Sanchez could have one pitch back, maybe the Detroit Tigers would have beaten Philadelphia.
- Herrera's homer helps Phillies to 8-5 win over Tigers Updated: May-25-16 5:51 pm
DETROIT - With a series in Chicago against the Cubs looming next on the schedule, Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin felt leaving Detroit with at least one victory was crucial.
- Phillies shut down by Verlander in 3-1 loss to Tigers Updated: May-24-16 11:26 pm
DETROIT - Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin did not need any complex explanations for his team's offensive struggles against Justin Verlander.
- Zimmermann expected to miss at least 1 start for Tigers Updated: May-23-16 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann is expected to miss at least one start for Detroit, but Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he was more optimistic Monday than he was when the right-hander left his start a day earlier with a right groin strain.
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt Updated: May-22-16 8:50 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann and Miguel Cabrera helped Detroit to a comfortable lead - then they both had to leave with injuries.
- Tigers' Sanchez tires in 6th in 7-5 loss to Rays Updated: May-21-16 12:10 am
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus and Anibal Sanchez have one important thing in common right now.
- Verlander reaches K milestone, helps Tigers beat Twins 6-3 Updated: May-18-16 6:30 pm
DETROIT - Justin Verlander, sporting a scruffy beard on his 33-year-old face, chuckled when the Detroit Tigers showed a video montage of some of his significant strikeouts during a career that started more than a decade ago.
- Tigers end slide with 6-5 comeback win over Orioles Updated: May-15-16 6:44 pm
BALTIMORE - On the brink of ending a miserable road trip with yet another defeat, the Detroit Tigers finally caught a break.
- From Harper's ejection to Scherzer's 20 Ks, Nats making news Updated: May-12-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer's record-tying 20-strikeout performance was only the latest in a recent series of newsworthy moments for the Washington Nationals, one right after the other.
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- Baker leaves Zimmerman behind Harper in Nats order 'for now' Updated: May-09-16 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dusty Baker is sticking with Ryan Zimmerman as the Washington Nationals' cleanup hitter, right behind Bryce Harper in the batting order - at least, as the manager put it Monday, "for now."
- Brantley, Napoli lead Indians to sweep of Tigers, 9-4 Updated: May-05-16 10:50 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona knew it was only a matter of time until Michael Brantley had a big game.
- Saltalamacchia lifts streaking Tigers over Twins, 6-5 Updated: May-01-16 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Not long ago, the Tigers were left reeling after a three-game sweep by the visiting Indians. One week later, Detroit is heading into Cleveland with a five-game winning streak.
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.