- Saltalamacchia lifts streaking Tigers over Twins, 6-5 Updated: May-01-16 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Not long ago, the Tigers were left reeling after a three-game sweep by the visiting Indians. One week later, Detroit is heading into Cleveland with a five-game winning streak.
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- LEADING OFF: Arrieta chases Vander Meer, Maeda vs Ichiro? Updated: Apr-27-16 8:17 pm
A look at what's happening all around the majors Thursday:
- Tigers demote Collins, activate Francisco Rodriguez Updated: Apr-27-16 7:12 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers have optioned outfielder Tyler Collins to Triple-A Toledo, although manager Brad Ausmus said the move was not related to the obscene gesture Collins directed at booing home fans Monday.
- Tigers again fail to score for Pelfrey in 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-26-16 11:38 pm
DETROIT - Mike Pelfrey is four starts into his first season with the Detroit Tigers - and they still haven't given him a single run of support.
- Early ups and downs a familiar feeling for Tigers Updated: Apr-25-16 2:57 am
The pattern is a familiar one for Detroit manager Brad Ausmus: The Tigers start the season brilliantly and look like they might be one of the best teams in baseball, then they fall back toward .500 just as quickly.
- Indians overcome Carrasco injury, sweep Tigers Updated: Apr-24-16 5:44 pm
DETROIT - Cleveland manager Terry Francona would normally be happy with a sweep in Detroit, but he had more pressing matters on his mind Sunday afternoon.
- Tigers RHP Greene leaves start vs Indians with blister Updated: Apr-24-16 3:06 pm
- Volquez sharp through 7 innings as Royals beat Tigers 4-0 Updated: Apr-21-16 11:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez whirled around on the mound as the drive by the Tigers' Justin Upton soared over his head, and for a moment wondered why Lorenzo Cain wasn't giving chase.
- Zimmermann stays sharp, Tigers top Pirates 7-4 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordan Zimmermann is making $110 million look like a wise investment. Maybe even a bit of a bargain.
- Upton's 4 hits, long homer lead Tigers over Pirates 8-2 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - When new Tigers general manager Al Avila signed Justin Upton during the offseason to play left field and hit second, he had performances like Tuesday afternoon's in mind.
- Yankees win in Sabathia's return, 8-4 over Tigers Updated: Apr-09-16 5:53 pm
DETROIT - CC Sabathia was grateful to be back on the mound in a regular-season game - even if it meant having to pitch in subfreezing temperatures.
- Third time through the order can be tough to navigate Updated: Apr-08-16 3:05 am
In Kevin Cash's first season as manager, the Tampa Bay Rays had a pretty clear philosophy on how to handle their starting rotation.
- Fernandez's home winning streak ends at 17 Updated: Apr-06-16 9:38 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez lost at Marlins Park for the first time.
- Saltalamacchia's 4 RBIs lift Tigers over Marlins 7-3 Updated: Apr-06-16 8:47 pm
MIAMI - Jarrod Saltalamacchia homered and drove in four runs and Francisco Rodriguez struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the game with the bases loaded as the Detroit Tigers beat Miami 7-3 Wednesday and sent Marlins ace Jose Fernandez his first loss in 27 career starts at home.
- Sanchez pitches into 5th inning, Tigers top split-squad Rays Updated: Apr-01-16 8:08 pm