- Naval Academy grad Hurley wins Quicken Loans National Updated: Jun-26-16 8:08 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Billy Hurley III held the club in his left hand and fist pumped with his right. The ball disappeared into the hole in front of him as the crowd roared, and Hurley let loose the emotion he'd been holding in.
- Tiger Woods progressing in rehab, still won't set timeline Updated: Jun-22-16 1:12 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Tiger Woods can play soccer with kids and ride a bike but hasn't progressed far enough in his rehab to set a timeline on when he'll return to professional golf.
- Dustin Johnson's US Open win: right penalty, wrong delivery Updated: Jun-21-16 6:12 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - As different as they are, the Masters and U.S. Open had two things in common this year.
- McIlroy, Mickelson and Fowler miss cut at US Open Updated: Jun-18-16 3:52 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Rory McIlroy arrived at the U.S. Open searching for his game.
- Stimpmeter: How a 3-foot-long ramp breaks golfers' hearts Updated: Jun-16-16 3:16 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - A 3-foot-long ramp invented in the 1930s could have more say about who wins the U.S. Open come Sunday than all the swing coaches, sports psychologists and fitness gurus in the wide world of golf combined.
- Oakmont among courses defined by major champions Updated: Jun-16-16 3:00 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - One measure of a great golf course is the quality of its champions.
- Over a century after its debut, Oakmont remains a stern test Updated: Jun-15-16 4:17 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Retirement made Henry Fownes restless. When the Pittsburgh native sold the family iron business to steel magnate Andrew Carnegie in 1896, Fownes had just turned 40. An avid golfer, he poured himself into the game, a passion that paved the way for his true life's work: Oakmont.
- US Amateur champ returns to Oakmont as US Open caddie Updated: Jun-15-16 3:47 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Nick Flanagan forgot how steep the hill was driving into Oakmont, not surprising since he had not been back in 13 years.
- 5 best US Opens played at Oakmont Updated: Jun-13-16 2:45 am
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Oakmont has hosted the U.S. Open more than any other golf course, and there's a reason.
- European Tour chief: Changes must be made to Wentworth Updated: May-29-16 8:38 am
VIRGINIA WATER, England - Significant improvements must be made to the West Course at Wentworth by its new Chinese owners if it is to continue hosting the European Tour's flagship event, the head of the tour said Sunday.