- Texas coach Charlie Strong making promises, can he deliver? Updated: Oct-07-15 4:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Shortly after 11 a.m. on Nov. 17, 2014, Texas coach Charlie Strong made a promise: five-loss seasons would "never happen again" in the Longhorns program.
- Some highly touted teams flop in opening month of season Updated: Oct-07-15 3:36 am
ATLANTA - Georgia Tech never expected to be in this position, facing its first four-game losing streak in nearly two decades.
- At 1-4, Texas players now pointing fingers Updated: Oct-06-15 1:07 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas coach Charlie Strong spent nearly a half-hour Monday insisting his team was unified and would rebound from a 1-4 start.
- Patterson proud of No. 2 TCU's resilience Updated: Oct-05-15 1:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gary Patterson called No. 2 TCU's four-game stretch before its bye week the most important one of the season.
- Oklahoma St lawsuit vs Texas assistant set for trial Updated: Sep-29-15 5:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Oklahoma State's breach-of-contract lawsuit against former football assistant coach Joe Wickline is headed to trial in 2016.
- At 1-3, Longhorns promise 'our time is coming' Updated: Sep-28-15 6:56 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - With his program off to its worst start in nearly 60 years, Texas coach Charlie Strong has a simple message for Longhorns fans: Stay with us, this will turn around.
- Texas kicked again in 30-27 loss to No. 24 Oklahoma State Updated: Sep-26-15 9:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Kicked again.
- Late field goal lifts No. 24 Oklahoma State over Texas 30-27 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:00 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Once again a visiting team was getting ready for overtime, only to have Texas hand them a special teams gift and a victory.
- Texas approves Patterson settlement, no details released Updated: Sep-24-15 3:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas regents have approved a financial settlement with former athletic director Steve Patterson.
- After years looking, Texas may have found its quarterback Updated: Sep-23-15 2:44 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Jerrod Heard had committed to Texas but wasn't signed yet in late 2013 when Mack Brown was fired as the Longhorns head coach.
- Texas filled with hope and heartburn after 1-2 start Updated: Sep-21-15 6:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Freshman quarterback Jerrod Heard has given the Longhorns hope. It's the Texas defense that is serving up a heaping dose of heartburn.
- Longhorns defense struggles again in 45-44 loss Updated: Sep-20-15 1:19 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas highlight will be the breakout of quarterback Jerrod Heard. The lowlight will be the missed extra point that would have sent the game into overtime.
- Cal escapes Texas 45-44 when kicker misses PAT Updated: Sep-20-15 12:54 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The California defense was exhausted and bracing for overtime. Quarterback Jared Goff was strapping on his helmet, figuring he'd have about one minute to push for a last chance to win.
- Texas interim AD Perrin's job is to heal fractured fan base Updated: Sep-16-15 4:04 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Mike Perrin was firing up the grill for a Labor Day menu of wild salmon and asparagus when his phone rang.
- Texas says athletic director leaving 'mutual' decision Updated: Sep-15-15 8:11 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The awkward dismissal of Texas football coach Mack Brown came first. That was followed by the firings of school President Bill Powers and basketball coach Rick Barnes.
- Freshman QB Heard propels Texas over Rice 42-28 Updated: Sep-13-15 12:42 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Finally given the ball, Jerrod Heard delivered what the Texas coaching staff had said he wasn't ready to do: win and provide some hope for a struggling program.