- Heat check: Coaching carousel turns into roller coaster Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 am
This coaching carousel is more like a roller coaster and this weekend there was enough action to make those trying to keep up dizzy.
- No. 17 Northwestern beats Illinois 24-14 for 10th win Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 pm
CHICAGO - After Northwestern's 10th victory of the season, coach Pat Fitzgerald took the blame for last year's disappointing loss to Illinois, and then took aim at the College Football Playoff Committee.
- Illinois loses 24-14 to No. 17 Northwestern at Soldier Field Updated: Nov-28-15 9:07 pm
CHICAGO - Bill Cubit was the voice of optimism on Saturday.
- Cubit agrees to 2-year deal to be Illinois' coach Updated: Nov-28-15 4:54 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A few hours before Illinois took the field to close out its season against Northwestern on Saturday, the school announced interim coach Bill Cubit agreed to a two-year contract to become head coach.
- Illini fall short against Minnesota 32-23 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A promising recovery from a controversial start has sputtered down the stretch for Illinois.
- Minnesota outlasts Illinois 32-23 to stay in bowl hunt Updated: Nov-21-15 5:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's injury-ravaged roster has forced several true freshmen into earlier-than-expected contributing roles.
- Will more college athletes take on the establishment? Updated: Nov-12-15 9:46 am
College athletes have more power than ever before, almost everyone can agree on that. What is up for debate is whether that will lead to overdue change, or whether it will throw programs into turmoil.
- Illinois fires athletic director after athlete allegations Updated: Nov-09-15 6:31 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois fired athletic director Mike Thomas on Monday, saying he had done nothing wrong but a change was needed after the department was plunged into crisis when football and women's basketball players said had been mistreated by their coaches.