- Scalia's death, Senate inaction leave Supreme Court in bind Updated: Jun-24-16 3:19 am
WASHINGTON - Justice Antonin Scalia's unexpected death in February and the Senate's refusal to confirm a successor has left the Supreme Court in a bind on several closely divided cases.
- High court limits use of repeat offender law Updated: Jun-23-16 1:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is making it tougher for federal prosecutors to seek longer prison terms for people convicted of repeated violent crimes.
- High court limits drunk driving test laws Updated: Jun-23-16 12:40 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Thursday placed new limits on state laws that make it a crime for motorists suspected of drunken driving to refuse alcohol tests.
- Supreme Court rules for police in search case Updated: Jun-20-16 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - A divided Supreme Court bolstered police powers on Monday, ruling that evidence of a crime in some cases may be used against a defendant even if the police did something wrong or illegal in obtaining it.
- High court nixes European suit against R.J. Reynolds Updated: Jun-20-16 2:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the European Union can't pursue a federal racketeering lawsuit accusing tobacco giant R.J. Reynolds of taking part in a global money-laundering scheme that sponsored cigarette-smuggling in Europe.
- High court rules against Puerto Rico in debt case Updated: Jun-13-16 12:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that Puerto Rico can't restructure more than $20 billion in public debt as it tries to overcome a decade-long economic crisis.
- High court rejects La. inmate's death penalty challenge Updated: May-31-16 10:06 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected a Louisiana inmate's appeal that his death sentence was unconstitutional.