- Vilsack, McAuliffe, Haslam convene on drug abuse issue Updated: Jun-30-16 4:23 am
ABINGDON, Virginia - The governors of Tennessee and Virginia will be in Abingdon along with Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to talk about the drug abuse epidemic in Appalachia.
- Agriculture secretary to talk opioid abuse in Appalachia Updated: Jun-29-16 12:56 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - As President Barack Obama's administration prods Congress to pump $1.1 billion more into substance abuse treatment, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is heading to Appalachia on Thursday to discuss how opioid addiction is devastating the region.
- Tennessee to receive $12.6M share of Volkswagen settlement Updated: Jun-28-16 6:39 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee is in line to receive a $12.6 million share of Volkswagen's settlement with the states over deceptive trade practices in the sale of diesel vehicles designed to cheat emissions testing standards, the state attorney general's office announced Tuesday.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Jun-22-16 1:26 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Lawmakers demand state pay man for wrongful imprisonment Updated: Jun-16-16 5:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A man who spent 31 years in prison for a rape he did not commit is at the center of a battle with the state of Tennessee for compensation that supporters say he is legally owed after being robbed of decades of his life.
- Haslam still not prepared to endorse Trump after meeting Updated: Jun-15-16 5:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam still isn't ready to endorse Donald Trump after a New York meeting he helped organize with the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
- Bryant among GOP governors meeting with Trump in New York Updated: Jun-14-16 10:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant was among a group of Republican governors meeting with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Gov. Doug Ducey has first meeting with Trump in New York Updated: Jun-14-16 9:13 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Republican Gov. Doug Ducey met with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump in New York on Tuesday for the first time since the real estate mogul began running for president.
- The Latest: Gov. Doug Ducey met with Trump in New York Updated: Jun-14-16 8:12 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey meeting presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump (all times local):