- Correction: Missouri Governor-Brunner story Updated: Oct-07-15 10:45 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - In a story Oct. 5 about John Brunner's entry into the 2016 race for Missouri governor, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Brunner so far had donated at least $87,600 to an exploratory committee. He had donated about $62,600, according to the latest campaign finance records available.
- History against outsider candidates for Missouri governor Updated: Oct-05-15 8:17 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Suburban St. Louis businessman John Brunner is expected to join the GOP race for governor this week with former Navy SEAL officer Eric Greitens, meaning there'll be two candidates who have never held public office. It's a trait that nationally has propelled political outsiders, such as presidential hopeful Donald Trump, but is historically unpopular in Missouri.
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: Sep-29-15 5:23 pm
Kansas City Star, Sept. 25
- Missouri AG: No evidence St. Louis clinic sells fetal tissue Updated: Sep-28-15 7:04 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - An investigation found "no evidence whatsoever" that Missouri's only surgical abortion facility sells fetal remains, Attorney General Chris Koster said Monday, marking the latest response to a heated national debate over Planned Parenthood's handling of fetal tissue.
- Advocates say man facing execution in Missouri is innocent Updated: Sep-28-15 3:56 pm
ST. LOUIS - Missouri risks executing an innocent man next week, advocates for Kimber Edwards warned Monday, citing a key witness who says his testimony was coerced and the inmate's contention that his own confession was false.
- Waiting game in Missouri campaign may help Greitens Updated: Sep-27-15 10:29 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Former Navy SEAL officer Eric Greitens raised more than $2 million for a Republican campaign for Missouri governor, toured the state and displayed a sign that read "GREITENS. GOVERNOR" in capital letters while talking with supporters at a Jefferson City diner two months before officially declaring his candidacy.
- Former Navy SEAL Greitens running as Republican for governor Updated: Sep-26-15 4:30 pm
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens, a political newcomer who was once courted to run for Congress as a Democrat, on Saturday launched a Republican campaign for Missouri governor in 2016.
- Republican Asbury drops out of race for Missouri governor Updated: Sep-25-15 6:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Former Republican state Rep. Randy Asbury is dropping out of the 2016 race for Missouri governor.
- Missouri governor's race to determine fate of right to work Updated: Sep-19-15 1:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Voters next year will pick more than a new governor - the election likely will either ensure Missouri becomes the 26th right-to-work state or remains a holdout in the national push for the measure despite being surrounded mostly by states that have adopted it.