- Court ruling on ex-Virginia governor could affect Kitzhaber Updated: Jun-29-16 10:12 am
SALEM, Oregon - In the wake of a unanimous decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to vacate a corruption conviction against former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, legal experts say federal prosecutors in Oregon face a narrowed scope in influence-peddling cases like the one involving John Kitzhaber.
- Trying elected officials after ruling: It's complicated Updated: Jun-28-16 3:42 pm
WASHINGTON - A Supreme Court opinion setting aside the bribery conviction of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell will make it harder for Justice Department prosecutors to bring similar cases in the future and is welcome news to other elected officials investigated for or charged with corruption, legal experts say.
- Supreme Court rejects pharmacists' religious rights appeal Updated: Jun-28-16 3:00 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to hear an appeal from Washington state pharmacists who said they have religious objections to dispensing Plan B or other emergency contraceptives.
- Supreme Court leans left in term unsettled by Scalia's death Updated: Jun-28-16 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Antonin Scalia's sudden death transformed the Supreme Court's term, shifted power to its liberal wing and started a transition that will be greatly affected by who wins the presidency.
- What to know about Supreme Court tossing Texas abortion law Updated: Jun-27-16 12:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-3 on Monday that Texas' sweeping anti-abortion law is unconstitutional. Here are details about the ruling and the law, known as HB2:
- The Latest: Trump commends Supreme Court immigration ruling Updated: Jun-23-16 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Supreme Court blocking President Barack Obama's plan to shield millions of immigrants in the U.S. illegally from deportation (all times local):
- Breyer book royalties top $100K in 2015 Updated: Jun-22-16 1:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer received around $120,000 last year from the publisher of his latest book about the high court and the world.
- High court nixes European suit against R.J. Reynolds Updated: Jun-20-16 2:36 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the European Union can't pursue a federal racketeering lawsuit accusing tobacco giant R.J. Reynolds of taking part in a global money-laundering scheme that sponsored cigarette-smuggling in Europe.
- Justices find judicial bias in Pennsylvania death row case Updated: Jun-09-16 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that a state judge was wrong to participate in the case of a death row inmate whose prosecution he personally approved nearly 30 years earlier.
- High court sides with property owners in wetlands case Updated: May-31-16 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is making it easier for landowners to bring a court challenge when federal regulators try to restrict property development due to concerns about water pollution.