- Senate passes protections for same-sex marriage opponents Updated: Feb-12-16 1:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Senate has approved legislation proponents say would protect businesses and individuals that oppose same-sex marriage on religious grounds.
- Clinton, Sanders opening offices ahead of March 1 primary Updated: Feb-12-16 1:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe is set to help open a new campaign office for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.
- Dominion outlines new national forest route for pipeline Updated: Feb-12-16 12:52 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Energy companies behind the Atlantic Coast Pipeline have carved a new proposed route through parts of West Virginia and Virginia in response to federal concerns about the national gas pipeline's initial path through sensitive national forest areas.
- Virginia senator: Black lawmakers' issues are not addressed Updated: Feb-12-16 7:09 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia lawmaker says the issues of African-Americans in the state Senate are not being addressed.
- Nearly 421,900 sign up for plans on health care marketplace Updated: Feb-12-16 4:20 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe says nearly 421,900 Virginia residents have signed up for health coverage through the HealthCare.gov marketplace.
- No end in sight in Virginia Supreme Court spat Updated: Feb-11-16 4:53 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Supreme Court Justice Jane Marum Roush is about to lose her dream job. Whether she gets it back is still unclear.
- Despite US setback, Virginia moving forward on 'Clean Power' Updated: Feb-10-16 4:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is moving forward with efforts to reduce carbon emissions linked to climate change amid uncertainty over the future of the Obama administration's landmark environmental initiative.
- Gun compromise legislation easily passes Virginia House Updated: Feb-10-16 3:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia House has approved three bills that would allow more concealed-weapon permit holders to legally carry guns in the state.
- Governor, legislators reach deal on I-66 expansion, tolls Updated: Feb-10-16 2:42 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe and Republican legislators reached a compromise Wednesday on plans to expand Interstate 66 inside the Capital Beltway and charge tolls on the highway during rush hour.
- Chesapeake Conservancy: Obama budget contains $29M for bay Updated: Feb-10-16 4:16 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Chesapeake Conservancy says the Obama administration included $29 million in the fiscal 2017 budget for land conservation across the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Former McAuliffe ally turns against him on gun compromise Updated: Feb-09-16 1:39 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's biggest donors and political allies has turned against him with an advertisement campaign condemning him for a deal he struck with GOP leaders on gun policy.
- Utility support firm Opower gets $2M to stay in Arlington Updated: Feb-09-16 12:09 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Energy technology firm Opower has announced it is keeping and expanding its corporate headquarters in Arlington after receiving $2 million in state and local incentives.
- Advocates say proposed parole fix would have little impact Updated: Feb-08-16 12:40 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Advocates for Virginia's prisoners say a bill aimed at helping inmates who may have been given inflated sentences would have little impact.
- Domestic violence, gun-control groups divided over gun bill Updated: Feb-06-16 10:43 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Advocates for domestic violence victims in Virginia who've long sought to toughen the state's gun laws are praising a rare compromise in Richmond that could finally shepherd into law a measure that would strip abusers of their gun rights.
- Panel punts on bill to limit personal use of campaign funds Updated: Feb-04-16 7:57 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A House committee has punted on a proposal to limit the personal use of campaign funds by Virginia politicians, a top ethics priority this legislative session of Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe.
- Bill to create statewide tolling policy moving forward Updated: Feb-03-16 2:16 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A bill to create a statewide policy on tolling is moving forward in the General Assembly.
- Virginia Senate approves Tebow bill Updated: Feb-02-16 2:45 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Both chambers of the Virginia General Assembly have approved legislation to allow home-schooled students to participate in public-school sports.
- Virginia advances right-to-work referendum Updated: Feb-02-16 2:43 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia General Assembly has approved legislation setting up a voter referendum on whether the state should enshrine its right-to-work laws in the state's Constitution.
- McAuliffe to speak at next month's agricultural trade event Updated: Feb-02-16 2:15 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe will announce final figures for agricultural and forestry exports from Virginia last year at a conference next month.
- Virginia spending more on development deals, GOP scrutinizes Updated: Feb-01-16 6:27 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - It's a key part of being Virginia's governor: using cash, tax breaks or other incentives to lure companies to expand or relocate in the Old Dominion.
- Senate rejects bill to nix handgun permit requirement Updated: Feb-01-16 2:12 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia's Republican-controlled Senate has narrowly rejected a measure that would have done away with the state's concealed handgun permit requirement.
- Gov. McAuliffe announces historic employment level Updated: Jan-26-16 1:38 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Governor Terry McAuliffe has announced that Virginia's employment level reached 3,856,100 in December 2015, the highest in the Commonwealth's history.
- Gov. McAuliffe films scene for 'TURN: Washington's Spies' Updated: Jan-25-16 8:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe is ready for his close-up.
- Massive snowstorm brings flooding to East Coast Updated: Jan-23-16 9:01 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A massive winter storm that dumped as much as 3 feet of snow on the eastern United States raised flood waters in communities up and down the Atlantic Coast Saturday, closing roads and prompting evacuations.