- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- Tigers again fail to score for Pelfrey in 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-26-16 11:38 pm
DETROIT - Mike Pelfrey is four starts into his first season with the Detroit Tigers - and they still haven't given him a single run of support.
- Early ups and downs a familiar feeling for Tigers Updated: Apr-25-16 2:57 am
The pattern is a familiar one for Detroit manager Brad Ausmus: The Tigers start the season brilliantly and look like they might be one of the best teams in baseball, then they fall back toward .500 just as quickly.
- Indians overcome Carrasco injury, sweep Tigers Updated: Apr-24-16 5:44 pm
DETROIT - Cleveland manager Terry Francona would normally be happy with a sweep in Detroit, but he had more pressing matters on his mind Sunday afternoon.
- Upton's 4 hits, long homer lead Tigers over Pirates 8-2 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
DETROIT - When new Tigers general manager Al Avila signed Justin Upton during the offseason to play left field and hit second, he had performances like Tuesday afternoon's in mind.
- Fernandez's home winning streak ends at 17 Updated: Apr-06-16 9:38 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez lost at Marlins Park for the first time.
- Saltalamacchia's 4 RBIs lift Tigers over Marlins 7-3 Updated: Apr-06-16 8:47 pm
MIAMI - Jarrod Saltalamacchia homered and drove in four runs and Francisco Rodriguez struck out Giancarlo Stanton to end the game with the bases loaded as the Detroit Tigers beat Miami 7-3 Wednesday and sent Marlins ace Jose Fernandez his first loss in 27 career starts at home.
- JD Martinez's 3 homers power Tigers past Yankees squad Updated: Mar-31-16 9:25 pm
LAKELAND, Florida - J.D. Martinez hit three home runs, one to each part of the ballpark, to lead the Detroit Tigers past a New York Yankees' split squad 10-6 on Thursday.