- Tigers drop to 4th place after 10-2 loss to Rays Updated: Jul-29-15 12:12 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Detroit manager Brad Ausmus isn't sure if his Detroit Tigers are losing their confidence.
- Casali homers twice again, Rays trounce Price, Tigers Updated: Jul-28-15 11:48 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The small, but appreciative crowd at Tropicana Field stood and cheered, urging Curt Casali to pop out of the dugout for a curtain call.
- Ortiz has 2 HRs, career-high 7 RBIs as Red Sox rout Tigers Updated: Jul-27-15 12:39 am
BOSTON - David Ortiz was touched by watching the Hall of Fame induction speeches. He then went out and added another big night to his illustrious career.
- Ausmus makes the case for Tigers to press on Updated: Jul-21-15 8:27 pm
DETROIT - With the possibility of significant trades looming over the Detroit Tigers, Brad Ausmus sat in the dugout and made the case for staying the course.
- Playoff races, trade talks highlight 2nd half of MLB season Updated: Jul-15-15 11:21 am
The Cardinals are really good, the Phillies are really bad, and then there's everyone else.
- Don't forget the old guys at youthful All-Star Game Updated: Jul-13-15 11:33 pm
CINCINNATI - A.J. Burnett sat at his table during the National League media session Monday wearing a white T-shirt that showed off his tattooed arms, his hair styled in a faux hawk similar to the 'do worn by one of his sons standing nearby.
- Kershaw, Santiago join All-Stars, replacing Scherzer, Gray Updated: Jul-12-15 4:30 pm
CINCINNATI - With several All-Stars pitching Sunday and other players nursing injuries, the rosters for the Mid-Summer Classic went through some changes before Tuesday's game in Cincinnati.
- In between warmup throws, Gardner learns he's an All-Star Updated: Jul-09-15 6:05 pm
NEW YORK - Brett Gardner headed to left field for the start of the fifth inning and noticed his image on the 101-by-59-foot video board in center.
- Marte hits 1st MLB homer, leads Tigers over Mariners Updated: Jul-08-15 8:35 pm
SEATTLE - Jefry Marte has played more than 700 baseball games in his professional career, but the one game he played Wednesday was all that mattered.
- Pujols says he will take part in All-Star Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-07-15 11:27 pm
DENVER - Albert Pujols' sons were pressing their father to take part in the All-Star Home Run Derby.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Pujols hits 25th HR, Angels finish sweep of Rangers 12-6 Updated: Jul-06-15 12:17 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Albert Pujols probably didn't need to pad his AL home run lead to have a chance to join teammate Mike Trout in the starting lineup for the All-Star game.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- Royals land 4 starters in All-Star Game in Cincinnati Updated: Jul-05-15 8:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The AL champion Kansas City Royals had so many starters voted into the All-Star Game on Sunday that they ran out of seats for all of them.
- Verlander drops to 0-4 as Blue Jays beat Tigers 10-5 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- 5 Royals lead in All-Star voting, balloting ends Thursday Updated: Jun-29-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto third baseman Josh Donaldson and Seattle designated hitter Nelson Cruz have moved ahead in fan voting for starting spots in the All-Star Game, leaving five Kansas City Royals still in the lead.