- Emily Gray Rice nominated to be New Hampshire US attorney Updated: Oct-09-15 7:31 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - President Barack Obama has nominated Emily Gray Rice to serve as U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire.
- GOP head calls 2-term councilor 'career politician' Updated: Oct-08-15 4:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Republican Party chairwoman is calling Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Colin Van Ostern a "career politician with few real life accomplishments."
- Hassan's political philosophy shaped by advocacy for son Updated: Oct-06-15 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Maggie Hassan's career in public service began as a fight to ensure her son Ben, who has cerebral palsy, could participate fully in society. It led to a run for state Senate, then for governor and now, for U.S. Senate against Republican incumbent Kelly Ayotte.
- New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan to run for US Senate Updated: Oct-05-15 5:37 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan announced Monday she would challenge Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte, setting the stage for a highly competitive race that will be critical in determining majority control of the Senate in the next president's first year.
- New Hampshire fishing industry gets more than $1M in funds Updated: Oct-02-15 7:54 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More than $1 million in funding has been released to help struggling New Hampshire fishermen and fishing communities.
- New federal fishing regulations pushed back a month Updated: Oct-01-15 2:08 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - A federal agency says new fishermen costs have been pushed back a month.
- New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz Updated: Sep-30-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is boldly taking on a role most of her fellow Republicans have been unwilling to bear: public foil to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Attorney for death row inmate challenge execution methods Updated: Sep-28-15 12:56 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - An attorney for New Hampshire's only death row inmate is challenging the constitutionality of the state's death penalty law.
- Nashua priest joins Ayotte for pope's visit Updated: Sep-23-15 4:01 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - A priest from Nashua will join U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte at the White House to officially welcome Pope Francis to the United States.
- Senate blocks anti-abortion bill; new showdown set Updated: Sep-22-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats thwarted a Republican effort to ban late-term abortions on Tuesday as GOP leaders strained to avoid a government shutdown in eight days over the dispute - all against a tangled backdrop of presidential politics.
- Budget deal a sigh of relief for state agencies, programs Updated: Sep-19-15 9:48 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Legislative leaders and Gov. Maggie Hassan may be cheering the newly minted state budget deal as a show of compromise that makes New Hampshire different from Washington, D.C.
- Discussion to address regulations on fishermen Updated: Sep-18-15 4:05 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is hosting a roundtable discussion with fishermen on the impact of regulations, catch-share limits and other policies.
- Gov. Hassan to endorse Hilary Clinton for president Updated: Sep-17-15 4:06 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Nation's drug 'czar' visiting New Hampshire Updated: Sep-14-15 12:38 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - The nation's drug "czar" is in New Hampshire to discuss the state's heroin and opioid crisis.
- Plan to remove damaged bridge causes stir in White Mountains Updated: Sep-12-15 4:09 pm
LINCOLN, New Hampshire - The National Forest Service's proposal to take down a damaged bridge over the North Fork of the Pemigewasset River has caused concern among hikers and policymakers alike.
- Presidential candidates flock to New Hampshire Updated: Sep-12-15 8:27 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Carly Fiorina are campaigning in New Hampshire this weekend at several of the same events.
- Senators question FDA decision on Oxycontin for kids Updated: Sep-09-15 6:52 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A bipartisan group of U.S. senators, including Maine Sen. Angus King, and New Hampshire Sens. Jeanne Shahaeen and Kelly Ayotte, are calling for an investigation into the Food and Drug Administration's recent decision to approve the use of the painkiller OxyContin by children as young as 11-years-old.
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-09-15 5:03 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's two U.S. senators stood with their parties on Wednesday - and against each other - on the deal aimed at preventing Iran from developing a nuclear weapon in exchange for relief from international economic sanctions.