- Deaf teacher's quest for armed service inspires students Updated: Jun-25-16 1:53 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Four teens in camouflage fatigues march briskly around a brick plaza at the Maryland School for the Deaf, silently marking their cadence in American Sign Language: "Left!" ''Left!"
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Jun-25-16 10:46 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- After Orlando, slight cracks in gun-rights' grip on Congress Updated: Jun-24-16 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - How has the Orlando shooting slaughter affected the politics of gun control in Congress? A bipartisan House measure barring firearms sales to some suspected terrorists nicely captures the mix of new and familiar forces in play.
- House Democrats gather to support Congress's sit-in on guns Updated: Jun-23-16 10:56 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - About a dozen Democratic state representatives are gathering in the New Hampshire House chamber to stand in solidarity with members of Congress who are staging a sit-in to demand votes on gun control bills.
- Guns re-emerge as issue in tight Ayotte, Hassan race Updated: Jun-22-16 9:03 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - After the Florida gay nightclub shooting that left 49 people dead, guns are once again emerging as an issue in New Hampshire's U.S. Senate race between Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Republican senator seeks bipartisan support for gun deal Updated: Jun-21-16 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A moderate Republican senator sought broad bipartisan support Tuesday for a compromise to block gun purchases by some suspected terrorists, a day after the chamber split along party lines to derail far more sweeping proposals.
- Vulnerable GOP senators side with NRA on gun votes Updated: Jun-21-16 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - Among the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control. So did Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson.
- The Latest: Senate blocks bills on guns, terror suspects Updated: Jun-20-16 7:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Senate votes on gun control legislation (all times Eastern):
- Sununu's name gives boost, creates target in GOP gov's race Updated: Jun-20-16 4:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - As the son of a former governor and brother of a past U.S. senator, Republican Chris Sununu's name recognition gives him an early boost in the race to replace outgoing Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Family of slain woman fights to keep court records sealed Updated: Jun-14-16 7:37 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The parents of a University of New Hampshire student who was raped and killed in 2012 are fighting to keep details about her sexual history from exposure to the public.
- Republican Sununu's comments on opioid crisis spark rebuke Updated: Jun-08-16 5:58 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu is taking heat for saying there's been "no leadership" statewide or locally on New Hampshire's heroin and opioid crisis that's killed hundreds of people.
- Ayotte focuses on cutting red tape, national security Updated: Jun-01-16 6:28 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte says her rival, Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan, lacks a depth of understanding on national security and the threats facing the country.
- Political candidates to hit Memorial Day parade routes Updated: May-29-16 8:59 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The season of politicians marching in parades kicks off this weekend with the Memorial Day holiday.
- New Hampshire's senators disappointed with tanker challenges Updated: May-28-16 11:57 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's U.S. senators say they are disappointed that the Air Force is facing development challenges in a new aerial refueling tanker that's due to come to the Pease Air National Guard Base in two years.