- High court nominee praises lawyers for helping the poor Updated: Apr-21-16 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland praised lawyers for their work with low-income Washingtonians Thursday in his first public remarks since his nomination last month.
- Ayotte-backed bill for breast cancer research to be signed Updated: Apr-21-16 12:33 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A bill that U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte helped introduce to benefit breast cancer research is awaiting President Barack Obama's signature.
- Firm suspends plans to build $3.3B natural gas pipeline Updated: Apr-20-16 7:59 pm
BOSTON - Plans to build a $3.3 billion natural gas pipeline from New York into New England through western Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire have been suspended.
- Planned Parenthood targets Ayotte in first 2016 Senate TV ad Updated: Apr-19-16 12:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte is the target of Planned Parenthood's first television ad of the 2016 Senate cycle, a spot hitting New Hampshire's freshman senator for her anti-abortion stance and opposition to holding hearings on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee.
- Prep school abuse case makes its way into US Senate race Updated: Apr-13-16 8:05 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Investigations into sexual misconduct by faculty at a renowned New Hampshire prep school have found their way into the state's high-profile U.S. Senate race between incumbent Republican Kelly Ayotte and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan, whose husband is a former principal of the school.
- Republican Kelly Ayotte to meet with Supreme Court nominee Updated: Apr-13-16 12:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire is going to be meeting with President Barack Obama's nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- With new monument, Obama and Dems seize on Equal Pay Day Updated: Apr-12-16 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and other Democrats on Tuesday seized on Equal Pay Day - a symbolic event dramatizing how much longer it takes a woman to earn as much as a man - to court women voters and call out Republicans for inaction on the issue.
- New Hampshire National Guardsmen welcomed home Updated: Apr-10-16 8:28 am
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - New Hampshire elected officials will be welcoming home members of the National Guard at a ceremony Sunday in Hooksett.
- Cruz's winning ways have yet to win over fellow GOP senators Updated: Apr-07-16 3:28 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Ted Cruz is increasingly winning over voters to his presidential bid. He's still not winning over fellow Republican senators.
- Hassan apologizes for keeping teacher on supporter list Updated: Apr-05-16 7:59 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan apologized Tuesday for not removing a former prep school teacher who has admitted to sexual misconduct from her public supporter list during her 2012 campaign.
- Shaheen to meet with Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland Updated: Apr-05-16 12:29 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire is going to meet with Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Joining immigration fight against Obama Updated: Apr-04-16 9:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Forty-three Republican senators on Monday joined the legal challenge to President Barack Obama's actions on immigration, arguing that the president overstepped his constitutional authority in unilaterally expanding programs for immigrants.
- Shaheen to meet with Garland on Tuesday, Ayotte next week Updated: Apr-04-16 1:00 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire is meeting with Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland this week, while Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte is meeting with him next week.
- Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte to meet with Garland next week Updated: Apr-04-16 12:32 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire is planning to meet with Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland next week.