- Sloppy Giants make 3 errors in 7-1 loss to Athletics Updated: Jun-30-16 2:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Right fielder Mac Williamson charged in as second baseman Ramiro Pena ran back to try to field a routine popup. The two collided, leading to one of San Francisco's two three-base errors in the game.
- Smolinski's 3-run pinch-hit HR leads A's past Giants 13-11 Updated: Jun-29-16 3:08 am
SAN FRANCISCO - After nearly 4 hours and more than 350 pitches in a topsy-turvy game that featured nearly as may momentum swings as big hits, Oakland closer Ryan Madson said the only games he enjoyed more in his career were when he won a championship.
- California News Digest 4 pm Updated: Jun-24-16 7:16 pm
Hello! Here's a look at how AP's general news coverage is shaping up in California. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP-Los Angeles bureau at 213-626-1200, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the AP-San Francisco bureau at 415-495-1708, email@example.com. Andrew Dalton is on the news desk. AP-California News Editor Frank Baker can be reached at 213-626-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nolasco struggles on mound, Twins fall 7-3 to Philadelphia Updated: Jun-23-16 6:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Ricky Nolasco has arguably been the most effective starter on the American League's worst team.
- Panik, Giants beat Pirates for 12th win 14 games Updated: Jun-23-16 6:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - A makeshift lineup was more than enough for the San Francisco Giants.
- Phillies end 9-game skid, Galvis drives in 5 to top Twins Updated: Jun-23-16 5:49 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Freddy Galvis had struggled at the plate most of June, Ryan Howard was stuck in a season-long slump and Cesar Hernandez wasn't supposed to play at all.
- NFLPA yanks registration of accused financial adviser Updated: Jun-22-16 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The NFL Players Association on Wednesday suspended the registration of a financial adviser accused of cheating several professional athletes, including Denver Broncos quarterback Mark Sanchez, out of millions of dollars in a Ponzi-like scheme.
- SEC says Peavy, Sanchez among athletes defrauded in scheme Updated: Jun-21-16 11:49 pm
HOUSTON - Several professional athletes, including San Francisco Giants pitcher Jake Peavy, Denver Broncos quarterback Mark Sanchez and retired Houston Astros pitcher Roy Oswalt, were cheated out of more than $30 million by an investment adviser in a Ponzi-like scheme, federal investigators said Tuesday.
- Belt homers, Giants finish sweep of Rays to win 8th straight Updated: Jun-19-16 7:24 pm
- Colome gives up home run in 9th inning, Rays lose to Giants Updated: Jun-18-16 8:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Alex Colome didn't make any excuses.
- Johnny Cueto earns 10th win as Giants sweep Brewers Updated: Jun-15-16 7:52 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With such a big cushion on the scoreboard, this might have been just a time for Johnny Cueto to start that spontaneous wiggling, dancing and having fun on the mound.
- Belt homers to back Peavy; Giants edge Dodgers 2-1 Updated: Jun-13-16 1:04 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jake Peavy's sore neck, which bothered him for much of the past week, didn't get any better when he tumbled toward first base in the sixth inning attempting to beat Dodgers leadoff hitter Chase Utley to the bag.
- Cardinals rally to beat Giants again, 6-3 Updated: Jun-06-16 12:22 am
ST. LOUIS - For the second straight day, the St. Louis Cardinals rallied against the hottest team in the majors.