- Downtown stadium proposed as part of Detroit MLS bid Updated: Apr-27-16 9:09 pm
DETROIT - Major League Soccer is eyeing the site of a suspended jail project as a possible home for a new soccer team in Detroit, part of a massive downtown development that would be built in the same area where the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings play.
- Jermaine Jones settling in with Colorado Rapids Updated: Apr-22-16 3:28 am
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Jermaine Jones kept his mind off soccer by playing baseball with his kids and taking them snowboarding.
- St Louis, Sacramento among leading MLS expansion candidates Updated: Apr-21-16 8:57 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber called St. Louis and Sacramento, California, "front-runners" for the next round of expansion, which could occur as soon as 2020.
- Garber criticizes Arena for comments on de Jong tackle Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber criticized Galaxy coach Bruce Arena for alleging the league and media caused "hysteria" over a tackle by Los Angeles midfielder Nigel de Jong that injured Portland attacker Darlington Nagbe.
- Leicester's hometown broadcaster is at a loss for words Updated: Apr-16-16 9:53 am
NEW YORK - Arlo White still has the program from the first match he went to at Filbert Street, when he was 5 and his father took him to Leicester's 1-1 draw against Stoke in an April 1979 second-division match.