- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer to presidency Updated: May-19-16 7:29 am
MANILA, Philippines - Boxing great Manny Pacquiao was proclaimed Thursday as a winner of a Philippine Senate seat, bringing him closer to a possible crack at the presidency.
- Philippines elects first transgender politician to Congress Updated: May-11-16 7:58 am
MANILA, Philippines - The first transgender politician elected in the Philippines said Wednesday she hopes her win in a congressional race shows that people like her can contribute to nation-building in a country where LGBT people are still sometimes publicly ridiculed.
- Boxing's next big fight could be a real knockout Updated: May-10-16 5:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - The good news for boxing fans is the fight they really want to see may actually happen before they grow too old to enjoy it.
- The Latest: Duterte leads unofficial Philippine vote count Updated: May-09-16 2:48 pm
MANILA, Philippines - The latest on the presidential election in the Philippines, where Rodrigo Duterte, the mayor of the southern city of Davao, led pre-election polls, promising to wipe out crime and corruption if he wins (all times local):
- Oscar De La Hoya hits Trump where it hurts, says he cheats Updated: May-04-16 4:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Of all the things Donald Trump has been called on the campaign trail, this one might sting the most: golf cheat.
- A year later, could Mayweather and Pacquiao do it again? Updated: May-02-16 5:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - They met a year ago this week in a fight that was the richest ever, even if it disappointed most of the millions who watched it.