- Pirates staying patient as Polanco searches for consistency Updated: Jun-29-15 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - A year ago, Gregory Polanco was the next big thing. When the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder was called up to the big leagues last June, his arrival was viewed as a coronation.
- McCutchen plays after HBP but Pirates lose to Braves 2-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 7:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - Andrew McCutchen texted Clint Hurdle on Sunday morning and told the Pittsburgh Pirates manager his bruised left elbow was just fine.
- Wood sharp as Braves top Pirates 2-1 to end losing streak Updated: Jun-28-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Alex Wood can tell the instant a breaking ball leaves his hand whether he has a feel for it on a given day. When he does, the Atlanta Braves lefty can be dominant.
- Pirates star McCutchen leaves game with elbow injury Updated: Jun-27-15 5:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen left Saturday's game against Atlanta after getting hit in the left elbow with a pitch.
- White Sox waste Samardzija's solid start in 3-2 loss to Bucs Updated: Jun-19-15 1:08 am
CHICAGO - Jeff Samardzija realizes that if he continues to pitch well, it will pay off - eventually. For now, though, the Chicago White Sox's ace remains in a frustrating holding pattern.
- Gerrit Cole wins MLB-best 11th as Pirates top White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jun-19-15 1:02 am
CHICAGO - Gerrit Cole downplayed becoming the majors' first 11-game winner by crediting his Pittsburgh Pirates teammates for his terrific start.
- Confident South Korean star Kang fitting in with Pirates Updated: Jun-12-15 2:31 am
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang chose the gray T-shirt because he thought it looked cool. That's it. The fact "The Trillest" - a mashup of "true" and "real" that serves as slang for someone considered most authentic - was splashed across the front was purely incidental.