- Backlash over Wisconsin GOP plan to tighten open records law Updated: Jul-03-15 6:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Opposition mounted Friday to a surprise Republican budget measure that would exempt from Wisconsin open records laws nearly everything created by state and local government officials, including drafts of legislation and communications with staff.
- Wisconsin budget passes committee, heads to full Legislature Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee finally completed its revisions to Gov. Scott Walker's state budget plan after a five-week delay early Friday morning, clearing the way for votes in the full Senate and Assembly.
- Highlights of Wisconsin budget up for final committee vote Updated: Jul-02-15 2:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The two-year state budget up for passage Thursday by the Republican-controlled Joint Finance Committee is expected to be taken up by the Assembly on Tuesday. It's unknown when the Senate will vote on it. Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Wednesday that he does not have the votes for the budget in its current form.
- Senate leader promises vote on Bucks arena plan next week Updated: Jul-01-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Senate's Republican leader says he plans to vote on a bill to fund a new Milwaukee Bucks arena next week.
- News from around Wisconsin at 5:28 a.m. CDT Updated: Jul-01-15 7:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislative leaders have reached a deal on a new state budget that drops a financing plan for a new Milwaukee Bucks stadium and changes to the prevailing wage law, co-chairs of the Legislature's budget committee said Tuesday.
- Vos says he has votes to pass Bucks deal in Assembly Updated: Jun-29-15 3:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he has enough votes to pass a financing plan for a $500 million Milwaukee Bucks arena that relies on $250 million from state and local taxpayers.
- St. Paul home where Fitzgerald once lived up for sale Updated: Jun-28-15 5:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A St. Paul home where Jazz Age author F. Scott Fitzgerald once lived is up for sale.
- Review: Overstuffed plot spoils irreverent, silly 'Ted 2' Updated: Jun-24-15 8:46 am
"Ted 2" asks a question that we never needed, or particularly wanted, to know the answer to: Is Ted, the magical, foul-mouthed, pot-smoking teddy bear, a person in the eyes of the law?
- Panel OKs new state trooper raises, no increases for others Updated: Jun-23-15 5:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The legislative committee that handles state workers' contracts approved a raise Tuesday for state troopers but decided to give thousands of other state employees no increases over the next two years.
- Meeting set to approve Wisconsin trooper contract Updated: Jun-19-15 4:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A meeting has been set by legislative leaders to vote on approving a new contract for members of the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- State union leader Marty Beil to retire this month Updated: Jun-17-15 1:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Marty Beil, whom many call the face of public employee unions in Wisconsin, announced Wednesday that he will retire at the end of this month.