- Assembly speaker asked for open records changes Updated: Jul-23-15 5:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Speaker Robin Vos was the state lawmaker who drafted a proposal that would have gutted Wisconsin's open records law and protected legislators from having to release documents currently available, documents released to The Associated Press on Thursday show.
- Wisconsin Senate wipes open records rollback from budget Updated: Jul-07-15 7:06 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Senate voted unanimously Tuesday to erase a dramatic rollback of the state's open records law that Gov. Scott Walker's office helped add to the state budget.
- The Latest: Senate votes to repeal local prevailing wage Updated: Jul-07-15 6:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - After five months of debate and revisions, Wisconsin's full Legislature was set to vote on the 2015-17 state budget, a $73 billion spending plan that divvies up how much money state agencies receive and how they can use it. Here's a rundown on debate developments Tuesday (all times are local):
- Senate leader promises vote on Bucks arena plan next week Updated: Jul-01-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Senate's Republican leader says he plans to vote on a bill to fund a new Milwaukee Bucks arena next week.
- News from around Wisconsin at 5:28 a.m. CDT Updated: Jul-01-15 7:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislative leaders have reached a deal on a new state budget that drops a financing plan for a new Milwaukee Bucks stadium and changes to the prevailing wage law, co-chairs of the Legislature's budget committee said Tuesday.
- Vos says he has votes to pass Bucks deal in Assembly Updated: Jun-29-15 3:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he has enough votes to pass a financing plan for a $500 million Milwaukee Bucks arena that relies on $250 million from state and local taxpayers.
- St. Paul home where Fitzgerald once lived up for sale Updated: Jun-28-15 5:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A St. Paul home where Jazz Age author F. Scott Fitzgerald once lived is up for sale.