- Hard-line cleric voted leader of Iran's Assembly of Experts Updated: May-24-16 8:24 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A hard-line Iranian cleric who has been in the country's power structure since its 1979 Islamic Revolution was chosen on Tuesday to lead the Assembly of Experts, a clerical body that picks the country's next supreme leader.
- Supporters: Iran human rights activist gets 10-year sentence Updated: May-20-16 7:26 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An already-imprisoned prominent human rights activist in Iran has been sentenced to 10 years in prison in a new trial, a ruling denounced Friday by the United Nations as it called for her immediate release.
- Germany condemns Holocaust cartoon contest in Iran Updated: May-18-16 8:57 am
BERLIN - Germany is condemning a contest in Iran for cartoons depicting the Holocaust, saying it sows hatred and deepens divisions in the Middle East.
- Israeli leader: Iran mocks WWII Holocaust, prepares another Updated: May-15-16 9:57 am
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lashed out at Iran Sunday for staging a Holocaust-themed cartoon contest that mocked the Nazi genocide of six million Jews during World War II and said the Islamic Republic was busy planning for another one.
- Iranians say Holocaust cartoon contest not aimed at denial Updated: May-14-16 9:50 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians staged an international contest for cartoons depicting the Holocaust on Saturday but insisted the event was aimed at criticizing alleged Western double standards regarding free expression and not at denying the Nazi genocide.