- Court ruling spurs backers' hopes for redistricting changes Updated: Jun-30-15 1:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Groups hoping to squeeze partisan politics out of how states shape congressional districts are hailing a Supreme Court decision that lets independent commissions, not legislatures, draw those lines.
- Liberal justices prevail in high-profile Supreme Court cases Updated: Jun-27-15 9:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court term that is nearing its end shows how silence can signal success.
- High court finds gay couples have fundamental right to marry Updated: Jun-27-15 3:09 am
WASHINGTON - Same-sex couples won the right to marry nationwide as a divided Supreme Court handed a crowning victory to the gay rights movement, setting off a jubilant cascade of long-delayed weddings in states where they had been forbidden.
- Q&A: What the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling means Updated: Jun-26-15 5:07 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The decades-long debate about whether same-sex marriage should be allowed in the United States was finally settled Friday when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled gay and lesbian couples can get married anywhere in the country.
- The Latest: Bishops object to court's gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 12:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex marriage. (All times Eastern)
- The Latest: Obama says health law is 'here to stay' Updated: Jun-25-15 11:50 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Supreme Court's decision on President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. (All times Eastern)
- High court says gov't seizure of raisins is unconstitutional Updated: Jun-22-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the government can't force raisin farmers to give up part of their annual crop for less than it's worth, a victory for conservative groups that hailed the decision as a win for private property rights.