- White Sox move on after disappointing season Updated: Oct-05-15 1:03 pm
CHICAGO - David Robertson came to the Chicago White Sox with an eye on closing meaningful games in October, and he can still see it happening.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Tigers lose to White Sox 2-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 am
CHICAGO - Alfredo Simon hasn't had the easiest of seasons, battling inconsistency and injury. Even a solid eight-inning effort wasn't good enough to beat Chris Sale.
- Sale sets strikeout record in White Sox's 2-1 win Updated: Oct-02-15 10:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale allowed one run over seven-plus innings and set a White Sox season strikeout record as Chicago beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Friday night.
- White Sox GM Hahn expects Ventura back as manager Updated: Oct-02-15 6:26 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said Friday he expects manager Robin Ventura to return next season.
- Abreu passes 100 RBIs in White Sox's 6-4 loss to Royals Updated: Oct-02-15 12:57 am
CHICAGO - Jose Abreu is in the company of Albert Pujols, and that is a very meaningful club for the White Sox slugger to have joined.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Robertson returns to Stadium mound and saves White Sox win Updated: Sep-26-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - The last time David Robertson came out of the Yankee Stadium bullpen, it was exactly a year ago and he was wearing pinstripes.
- A wonderful life: Berra's family, Yankees honor Yogi Updated: Sep-24-15 8:37 pm
NEW YORK - Bill Spahr tapped the bronze Yogi Berra plaque in Monument Park with his hand, nodded his head in tribute and recalled the day he once talked to the Yankees great for 15 minutes at an airport.
- In their words: How sports world is remembering Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-23-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - Yogi Berra, the Hall of Fame catcher renowned as much for his lovable, linguistically dizzying "Yogi-isms" as his unmatched 10 World Series championships with the New York Yankees, has died at 90. Here's how he is being remembered:
- Verlander up to 99 mph as Tigers beat White Sox 7-4 Updated: Sep-23-15 6:08 pm
DETROIT - In possibly his most encouraging start of the season, Justin Verlander reached back to past, but familiar, territory with his velocity on Wednesday.
- Chisenhall homers to lead Tomlin, Indians over White Sox 6-3 Updated: Sep-20-15 6:15 pm
CLEVELAND - With two weeks left in the regular season, the Cleveland Indians still have a chance to make the playoffs. Just not a good chance.
- Rodon dazzles for White Sox in 4-3 victory over Indians Updated: Sep-20-15 12:48 am
CLEVELAND - A refreshed Carlos Rodon put another dent in Cleveland's playoff plans.
- Butler homers in ninth to give A's 4-2 win over White Sox Updated: Sep-17-15 6:45 pm
CHICAGO - Billy Butler's ninth-inning drive cleared the right-field wall and Avisail Garcia's glove - barely.
- Hunter, Gibson lead Twins over White Sox 7-0 Updated: Sep-13-15 7:03 pm