- Massachusetts could ban talking on cellphones while driving Updated: Oct-06-15 7:49 pm
BOSTON - Families of those killed in distracted driving accidents are asking state lawmakers to back legislation that would require drivers to use hand-free phones in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Senate OKs bill to address opioid crisis Updated: Oct-01-15 8:51 pm
BOSTON - Prompted by a deadly wave of opioid addiction in the state, the Massachusetts Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would encourage doctors to consider new approaches for treating pain and would increase screening of public school students for potential substance abuse.
- Gov. Baker testifies in favor of renewable energy bills Updated: Sep-29-15 6:24 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker told a packed Statehouse hearing Tuesday that he's open to exploring long-term contracts with utilities for off-shore wind and hydropower as ways to both lower energy costs and lower the state's carbon footprint.
- Massachusetts governor: New protocols needed to protect kids Updated: Sep-22-15 6:51 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker said Tuesday that the state must update the way it handles investigations into allegations of abuse or neglect of children if it hopes to avoid more cases like the death of 2-year-old Bella Bond, whose body was found on a Boston-area beach in June.
- Many questions linger in case of girl found dead on beach Updated: Sep-22-15 1:58 am
BOSTON - The world finally knows her name - Bella Bond - and some of the grisly circumstances of how she was killed and later found on a beach in Boston Harbor.
- Prosecutor: Short life of Baby Doe marked by neglect, abuse Updated: Sep-21-15 9:30 pm
BOSTON - In her short, tumultuous life, Bella Bond loved cats, dancing to country music and the color green.
- Beach vigil honors girl whose remains found washed up there Updated: Sep-21-15 8:54 pm
WINTHROP, Massachusetts - Gov. Charlie Baker, House Speaker Robert DeLeo and other officials gathered with clergy and local residents at a beach near Logan airport to honor the 2-year-old girl authorities say was killed by her mother's boyfriend and tossed into the ocean.
- House Speaker calling for DCF updates after death of child Updated: Sep-21-15 6:59 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo plans to ask the Department of Children and Families for an update on their policies following the death of 2-year-old Bella Bond, which he said exposed "broader failures within the system."