- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Updated: Apr-27-16 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - New Washington Wizards coach Scott Brooks was surprised it took so long to get the question. Almost 15 minutes into his introductory news conference he was asked, "Let's get this out of the way: Are you going to bring Kevin Durant here?"
- Wizards president Grunfeld stays, fires coach Wittman Updated: Apr-14-16 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - With two simple words - "I'm here" - Ernie Grunfeld made clear Thursday that he would be sticking around as president of the Washington Wizards and picking the coach to replace the fired Randy Wittman.
- Wizards say Randy Wittman will not return as coach Updated: Apr-14-16 9:46 am
WASHINGTON - Randy Wittman will not be back as coach of the Washington Wizards, let go after failing to reach the playoffs this season.
- Hawks end up as No. 4 with loss to Wiz; Wittman out as coach Updated: Apr-14-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer is ready to move on.
- Wall: Wizards' failure to make playoffs 'a wasted season' Updated: Apr-13-16 9:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Among the various reasons that Washington Wizards point guard John Wall figures this was what he called "a wasted season" with no playoff appearance was that having nine players on expiring contracts led to a contentious atmosphere.
- Wizards score first 20, pull away late to beat Nets 120-111 Updated: Apr-11-16 10:54 pm
NEW YORK - The Washington Wizards had nine baskets and 20 points before the Nets had one of either, and Randy Wittman wished he could've enjoyed the show more.
- Gortat scores 21 points as Wizards upset Hornets, 113-98 Updated: Apr-10-16 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - A prolonged hot streak earned the Charlotte Hornets a spot in the NBA playoffs. Now they're slipping a bit as the postseason looms.
- With Wall out, Sessions steps up, Wizards beat Nets 121-103 Updated: Apr-06-16 11:07 pm
WASHINGTON - With John Wall sidelined by a sore and swollen right knee, Ramon Sessions stepped in to help the Washington Wizards prolong their playoff hopes for at least another game.
- Clippers welcome Griffin back with 114-109 win over Wizards Updated: Apr-03-16 7:23 pm
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin showed brief flashes of his old Lob City self in his return from a three-month absence. His Clippers teammates, who kept winning without him, were just glad to have their leader back.
- Morris shines in return to Phoenix, Wizards dump Suns 106-99 Updated: Apr-02-16 2:14 am
PHOENIX - Markieff Morris started the day by telling reporters he had "no trust" in his former team's management. He then endured boos every time he touched the ball in his return to Phoenix.