- Revamped San Francisco Museum of Modern Art reopens Updated: May-14-16 5:21 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The revamped San Francisco Museum of Modern Art reopened Saturday with a marching band, jumbo red balloons and red confetti raining down from the top of the new 10-story white building with a bulging side.
- Marble Rodin sculpture fetches record price at NY auction Updated: May-09-16 9:24 pm
NEW YORK - A rare marble sculpture by Auguste Rodin sold for a record $20.4 million at Sotheby's sale of impressionist and modern art.
- Big art auctions open in NYC next week Updated: May-06-16 10:14 am
NEW YORK - A sculpture of a kneeling Hitler and two rare Fauve period paintings are among the offerings at the impressionist, modern and contemporary evening art auctions in New York next week.
- Reutersward, Swedish sculptor of twisted gun barrel, dies Updated: May-04-16 6:38 pm
HELSINKI - Carl Fredrik Reutersward, one of Sweden's best-known modern artists and the creator of the iconic statue of a revolver barrel tied in a knot, has died at the age of 81.
- New York art collector to pay $7M to settle tax evasion case Updated: May-03-16 4:45 pm
NEW YORK - A prominent art collector and real estate developer has agreed to pay $7 million to settle allegations he failed to pay taxes on about $80 million worth of art, the state attorney general said Tuesday.