- Illinois GOP calls for unity as some tiptoe around Trump Updated: May-21-16 5:36 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Illinois Republicans cheered calls for unity at the party's state convention on Saturday even as some top elected officials tiptoed around the name likely to top the GOP ticket: Donald Trump.
- Judge sets trial date in lawsuit against Duckworth Updated: May-18-16 5:19 pm
JONESBORO, Illinois - A judge in southern Illinois has set an Aug. 15 trial date in a workplace retaliation lawsuit filed against U.S. Senate candidate Tammy Duckworth.
- Correction: Senate 2016-Illinois-Lawsuit story Updated: May-13-16 4:12 pm
In a story May 12 about a workplace lawsuit against Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Tammy Duckworth, The Associated Press erroneously attributed a statement to the Illinois Republican Party that was actually issued by the campaign of Duckworth's Republican opponent, U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk. The Kirk campaign issued a statement after a hearing in Jonesboro, Illinois, that called Duckworth's tenure as head of the state veterans agency "one plagued by mismanagement and scandal." Duckworth denies the accusations.
- Illinois Senate campaign targets 'war hero' veterans record Updated: May-11-16 9:45 pm
CHICAGO - Rep. Tammy Duckworth lost both legs when her helicopter was shot down in Iraq, then went on to hold leadership roles in the Illinois and U.S. Veterans Affairs departments.
- Madigan warns Democrats not to 'rest' if Trump is GOP choice Updated: May-09-16 7:33 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' top Democrat said Monday that the party can't rest on its laurels if Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination for president.
- Illinois' GOP governor won't endorse Trump Updated: May-05-16 10:28 pm
CHICAGO - A member of Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration says the Republican governor will not endorse Donald Trump as the GOP standard-bearer in the November election.